cecil

Belts

I'm looking for a tan belt. I really would like the Sugar Cane one, but it is currently out of my price range.

Anything good in the $60 or less range? thanks

I've never heard of a "quick release" belt until now. What's its purpose? In case you're in a bathroom rush??? lol

samurai.....

^ im looking for a leather belt as well but don't want the flat heads, sugar canes, samurais that people are suggesting. too over worn and something cheaper.

Check out LeatherGoodsConnection. Their belts are still a serious piece of leather but they are much easier on the wallet.

Tiro, can you post some pics from your Red Moon belt> I love the stitching on that one!

The buckle should close on the middle hole. Usually belt measurements are given from the end of the leather where the buckle is attached to the middle hole. Sometimes it's from the end of the buckle to the middle hole. Some like Atelier LaDurance recommend you measure your jeans waist and buy that size.

Do you know if ALD measures from the middle hole to the end of the leather where the buckle is attached, or to the end of the buckle? If I know that info, then to me it would make sense to do the same measurement on a belt that fits and then buy that size. If I just measure my jeans waist, then the size I would buy from ALD would be 5cm smaller than my other belts...

Do you know if ALD measures from the middle hole to the end of the leather where the buckle is attached, or to the end of the buckle? If I know that info, then to me it would make sense to do the same measurement on a belt that fits and then buy that size. If I just measure my jeans waist, then the size I would buy from ALD would be 5cm smaller than my other belts...

From what I heard, a lot of people do "size down" relative to other belts for ALD, especially since they seem to stretch a fair bit.

I'm looking for a tan belt. I really would like the Sugar Cane one, but it is currently out of my price range.

Anything good in the $60 or less range? thanks

Go through the Vari site to get yours. They take paypal and ship to the US. You want pay the outrageous US price for them either. About a month ago I got the black and brown SC garrison belts, $175 shipped for both.

Also, Planet Mental wasn't as good as the 7"s, in my opinion.

which leather is that?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is the bridle leather in natural with nickel hardware. Beautiful belt and looks tough as shit.

Unlimited, did you have any problems with customs getting that into Canada?

I bought that exact belt about a year and a half ago and this is what it looks like after wearing it pretty much every day for that period of time. Sorry for the non-spectacular quality, as these pics are with my cameraphone.

IMAGE_001.jpg

IMAGE_002.jpg

IMAGE_003.jpg

IMAGE_004.jpg

IMAGE_005.jpg

^looks great! I just ordered a belt from Corter and can't wait to start wearing it to get it to age like that... very nice

That's the same belt?! How does it get darker? On the one hand, it looks good, one the other, I was hoping that I would be able to retain that natural color as much as possible.

Now THAT is a good looking buckle/belt combo.

Can you tell me more about the buckle. Never seen one like that before. It looks vintage to me. Still available?

Thank you.

It's a Ludlow quick-release. Got it from these guys: http://www.dubarrycanada.ca (there's a US site as well). I no longer see it listed on their website but I'm sure if you call them they could help you out.

Here are some evo pictures:

belt_evo.JPG

belt_evo1.JPG

No oil or anything, just wear.

That's the same belt?! How does it get darker? On the one hand, it looks good, one the other, I was hoping that I would be able to retain that natural color as much as possible.

Exposure to sunlight, general grime of the world rubbing on you, etc.

Was in new york last week and couldn't resist this new samurai x KC's belt at BiG

2402400047_2865cc4b66.jpg

this thing is thick and heavy... I think I could use it as a tow rope if my car breaks down.

could you post some fit pics of that belt? thanks!

Tiro, can you post some pics from your Red Moon belt> I love the stitching on that one!

I'll try to take some descent pics over the weekend, it should be done tanning tomorrow... :P