Belts

cecil

this probably has an obvious answer but...how do i tan my unfinished belt?

just leave it in the sun? haha put some obenaufs and leave it in the sun?

Sun tanning and then applying a coat or two of obenauf's is pretty much the solid form around here. I used mink oil on my Tanner since I don't have Obenauf's, so mine didn't change color too much.

My dad used to tan leather with tea bags in the 70s, (Tea=Tanic Acid=Tanning) so that might be a fun project to try. never done it myself, but my pop's said it always turned out cool.

chaos1124 - Why don't you just contact them?

[email protected]

they are correct about us being busy. Please bare with us! We're working hard to construct everything as best we can. Quality takes time and with only 2 people touching your products from start to finish it takes a bit of time.

we know its hard but I can assure you it will be well worth the wait.

Sun tanning and then applying a coat or two of obenauf's is pretty much the solid form around here. I used mink oil on my Tanner since I don't have Obenauf's, so mine didn't change color too much.

My dad used to tan leather with tea bags in the 70s, (Tea=Tanic Acid=Tanning) so that might be a fun project to try. never done it myself, but my pop's said it always turned out cool.

just wanted to chime in real quick and say that even if you don't treat your belt or leave it in the sun, it will still get darker and age. i haven't done anything to my LGC natural leather belt but wear it for the past 6-7 months, and it's already a lot darker than new.

personally, i think put a belt in the sun to tan is pretty lame. though i'd love someone to experiment with some coppertone and maybe a tanning bed. haha.

[email protected]

they are correct about us being busy. Please bare with us! We're working hard to construct everything as best we can. Quality takes time and with only 2 people touching your products from start to finish it takes a bit of time.

Mike,

When is your online ordering service happening? Be good to see the selection of colours/buckles... etc

just wanted to chime in real quick and say that even if you don't treat your belt or leave it in the sun, it will still get darker and age. i haven't done anything to my LGC natural leather belt but wear it for the past 6-7 months, and it's already a lot darker than new.

personally, i think put a belt in the sun to tan is pretty lame. though i'd love someone to experiment with some coppertone and maybe a tanning bed. haha.

of course it will get darker as you wear it, even without tanning it or oiling it before. CMF dosn't treat his stuff with anything, I don't think, and he always gets amazing wear. much more natural looking without all the pre-wear actions, but some people just like the look of oiled and tanned leather over the look of something that has been dyed to a darker shade.

You def had a good point, but I'm not sure how the tanning bed would work, ha:D

of course it will get darker as you wear it, even without tanning it or oiling it before. CMF dosn't treat his stuff with anything, I don't think, and he always gets amazing wear. much more natural looking without all the pre-wear actions, but some people just like the look of oiled and tanned leather over the look of something that has been dyed to a darker shade.

You def had a good point, but I'm not sure how the tanning bed would work, ha:D

Some people also just like the personal feeling of it, that its your belt or wallet and its unique to you

[email protected]

cool, Mike.

I understand. I'm just worried 'cause one of the the 2 items I ordered is supposed to be a birthday gift for a friend of mine. but I might have to get a replacement since his big day is just a few days away...

no worries, I'll stop bitching now.

thanks!!

I have one of the first Tanner belts, which I love to death. Just got my new one in the mail. Props to Tanner - quick shipping, great service & new belt is amazing!

New & Old:

tanner1.jpg

tanner2.jpg

tanner3.jpg

+rep

10 char

hi riff, just out of curiosity. how many days did it take from order to receiving the belt?

i'm asking because i know they are busier now, so i think my experience this time (27 days and counting) can be an unique case. and i wanted to know how long it usually takes people to receive their stuff...for my future reference.

hi riff, just out of curiosity. how many days did it take from order to receiving the belt?

i'm asking because i know they are busier now, so i think my experience this time (27 days and counting) can be an unique case. and i wanted to know how long it usually takes people to receive their stuff...for my future reference.

i'm at two weeks. its getting kind of annoying.

I checked my emails... It took about two weeks from the time I made the order to when I got it today (to Canada)... I'm happy! :)

I have a Corter belt and I was thinking about buying the black powder coated roller buckle and keeper from Tanner Goods but I don't know how to take out the 2 rivets.

Here are some current pics of my Corter belt, got it on Jan 8. (Along with some teaser pics of my PBJ 007)

http://img191.yfrog.com/gal.php?g=img6035j.jpg

The Corter rivet just unscew.

some more Tanner belt shots...

Mine has about 2.5 weeks of wear, and has stretched out and molded very well and quickly.

I suntanned it a little, and applied two coats of Mink oil.

I love the new(er) stamp:

DSCN3660.jpg

some indigo fading on the interior:

DSCN3659.jpg

I love how thick it is when it's all buckled up. a little intimidating at first, but awesome when it all settles down:

DSCN3661.jpg