Belts

cecil

how long did it take you to get your belt? I've been waiting for 3 weeks and still no ETA. from what I hear they've been really busy lately.

Yea it took about 3 weeks for mine to arrive..they didn't send a shipment notification or anything so you'll probably get it any day now. Well worth the wait.

I actually just went down to Hecklewood where the Tanner Goods workshop is to pick up my belt. They have started remodeling, or revamping (whatever), the store and all that. So, that may be one of the reasons they're a little delayed.

Anyways, I went into Hecklewood on Friday last week to check out belts and get some help with sizing too. I ended up ordering this nice london tan, a bit lighter than the original london tan color, with black hardware, and i picked up a natural colored cardholder. They had it all made and ready for pickup by tuesday. I'm really happy with the sizing, quality and color, the guys there are awesome and super friendly. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for a new high quality belt.

This picture demonstrates the color of the belt the best.

4294258883_8e03f39655.jpg

4295001770_6a9053c360.jpg

4294258823_b08bdf792d.jpg

Pretty cool combination with the black/tan, is that your weed stash and a scale in the background? Anyways, I also noticed the difference in color with the London Tan on my Tanner belt, of coarse it won't really matter in the long run since the color will change over time. I honestly like the toned down color a lot better, as the color of their previous run was a little too rich for my taste. It kind of worked out since I was torn between buying a Natural and a London Tan. Mine is more like in between, very comparable to a manila envelope.

2e1dkeg.png

i1bt5v.png

Yeah, that belt looks nice Turbo. I got the color for the same reason. Looks good.

EDIT: No, that isn't my stash. hahahahaha, that's my roomies. his desk is right next to the window, so i went over there for natural light pictures.

Decided to pick up the SC Garrison belt from mil-mil thanks to dr.house's recommendation. These guys are awesome -- the belt shipped from Japan and arrived in the U.S. in 3 days! I was shocked when the mailman brought the EMS package to my door this morning...

Just copped a Levi's belt buckle like this one. Found it at the world's shittiest thrift store. I was about to bolt after finding nothing but crap (like a thousand tattered Fubu sweatshirts from the 90s), and there it was. Made by Bergamot Brass Works in the 70s. Mine for the exorbitant price of $0.99.

(image copped from google image search, this one isn't mine)

!BdYEsz!!mk~$(KGrHqEH-EUEreFmQZNRBK4rNH8YFg~~_35.JPG

^ why dont you just purchase it off their site?

anyways i recently purchased a tanner belt from a local store (since i decided to support my local). just curious because my belt does not have the "portland OR, tanner goods" stamp on it. all it has is the little "TG" logo and the "tanner" stamp on the reverse side.

does anyone know why this is so?

Just copped a Levi's belt buckle like this one. Found it at the world's shittiest thrift store. I was about to bolt after finding nothing but crap (like a thousand tattered Fubu sweatshirts from the 90s), and there it was. Made by Bergamot Brass Works in the 70s. Mine for the exorbitant price of $0.99.

(image copped from google image search, this one isn't mine)

!BdYEsz!!mk~$(KGrHqEH-EUEreFmQZNRBK4rNH8YFg~~_35.JPG

Nice.

new e-ccomerce launching in a few weeks... hold tight kiddos. Lots of stuff in the pipeline..

dang, just ordered a belt from you guys on sat. Guess I'll be back in the market for some new leather goods come 2015 when I finally break the one coming right, ha.