cecil

Belts

Its just more exclusive. The leather is 6mm thick in most cases and it ages, so it gets better and better over time. It will last a lifetime

doesn't need to be 6mm thick to last a lifetime and age beautifully in my opinion

doesn't need to be 6mm thick to last a lifetime and age beautifully in my opinion

Im wasnt saying that a 6mm thickness is a requirement to get a nice belt... I was just telling why the Samurai belt is more expensive

alrite guys thanks for helping understand more about belts :) .

Got this handmade belt from an old artisan in my town. I am really satisfied with the quality of the leather and the construction, and now I'm considering the idea of designing something different toghether with him. The guy is like 60 years old and his place is there since the 70's. This is really basic, 3mm thick natural tan leather from Tuscany with a brass buckle:

dsc04941py1.jpg

dsc04942iu8.jpg

dsc04943sn5.jpg

dsc04944ai5.jpg

My gf got a belt from them, sizing was WAY off and for the price of the belt, the quality wasn't there at all.

I think LGC is a lot better.

thanks. I'm from Italy and the belt was about 60 euro.

mmm. I can proxy if you want!

just out of curiosity how do you guys like this one. its from the manufactum site.

the language is german, and the belt is 8 to 10 mm thick. i saw this one last week in munich and i think it is a bit to thick and heavy, but....

http://www.manufactum.at/Produkt/191427/1420431/GuertelOchsenleder.html

I like It!! ( although i dont understand what its saying) its a pretty good color n stuff and thick . the only thing i dont like is the belt buckle itself.

just out of curiosity how do you guys like this one. its from the manufactum site.

the language is german, and the belt is 8 to 10 mm thick. i saw this one last week in munich and i think it is a bit to thick and heavy, but....

http://www.manufactum.at/Produkt/191427/1420431/GuertelOchsenleder.html

A 10mm thick belt is gratuitous. There's no reason for that. Barring a motorcycle crash or a ninja ambush, you won't wreck a 5-6mm thick belt in three lifetimes.

There are some workwear companies that make double layer belts that thick. Cabela's comes to mind.

It's not about durability, it's about holding holsters or tools up. The lack of flexibility works for this.

from personal experience, a pair of jeans will add about 2 inches to your waist measurement for a belt, give or take. and different leather will stretch to a different extent.

the most accurate way to buy a good fitting belt is to measure one you already own from the prong to the hole you use.

if you want a nice belt that is not ALD and for a lesser cost I can recommend Hollows Leather and Corter. they both make kick-ass belts. Other than that, Leather Goods Connection is excellent quality for the price, or go all-out and get a heavy duty Sugar Cane/Samurai/Iron Heart belt.

here is a simple belt i made recently

SNC10202.jpg

looking to pick up one of these from lgc:

handmadeleather20392625je0.jpg

w558.png

and need some advice: my belt collection consist of a black 1-1/4 and light brown 1-1/2... if it helps, im 5'11 and i wear slim jeans.

1. do you think i should go for 1-1/2 or 1-3/4 (not sure if its too bulky) in natural?

2.should i get the border stitched with a wheat thread?

img10203756292.jpg

3. lastly, what do you think of black belt with brass buckle:

18749.jpg

will it clash with my silver watch ;)

cheers!

I'd keep with a silver buckle, and I like the stitching. I got it on my LGC belt. I can get a pic or two of it up tonight if you're interested.

here's my ALD belt, worn for 2,5 years. i love it to death, but unfortunately, it stretched a bit too much so i might need a new one soon...

the leather is really soft right now, and the inside is heavily stained with indigo.

IMGP8293.jpg

IMGP8294.jpg

IMGP8295.jpg

IMGP8296.jpg

IMGP8297.jpg

that belt looks great lenn, wouldn't have expected anything else

too bad i can't rep you right now

I'd keep with a silver buckle, and I like the stitching. I got it on my LGC belt. I can get a pic or two of it up tonight if you're interested.

thank would be great..