Belts

cecil

Guest ManOfSteel555

damnit, i partied too hard on new years and totally didn't realize context was having a sale...now all the ALD brown saddle belts are gone.

anyone have any idea where i can score one? i think it's a lost cause.

Guest ManOfSteel555

i'm debating drytillyoudie. it's overpriced though, with conversion and duty taxes i think it would be 50 dollars more than with context...not sure why it's 69 euros, i've seen it for 49 euros on other websites.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Shiite.

That Swedish belt is amazing..

Similar to an upcoming belt from W-Child.

I need to pick up a belt, since the only one I own is a ratty brown canvas dump. I don't purchase leather, so my options are pretty limited. I'm torn between brown and black for this belt:

calculator_dark_brown.gif

calculator_black_photo.gif

I've seen the brown one in person, and it has a really nice sheen to it; it's sort of a dark caramel colour...like a dark red ale. I'm sort of worried, though, because I wear black jeans about as much as raw denim.

That's sort of a problem because the only shoes I wear are white. My spring/fall jacket is raw denim, and my winter coat is slate gray. I suppose black is the best colour, then, but I think that belt looks too 'business-like' in black.

how much extra belt length should be left after 'closing' the buckle?

The buckle should close on the middle hole. Usually belt measurements are given from the end of the leather where the buckle is attached to the middle hole. Sometimes it's from the end of the buckle to the middle hole. Some like Atelier LaDurance recommend you measure your jeans waist and buy that size.