Belts

cecil

Kiya,

Do you think the flathead belt would throw off the proportions to a pair of slim jeans like the FH 3001 or pbj xx-005, or is it versatile enough to be worn with both slim and loose jean?. Just wondering, because the buckle seems pretty big, and might look alittle funny worn with a fitted top and slim jeans.

The flathead-belt is great, but i tend to stay away from anything with the word "nickle" in it, so i would probably chose the ironheart one.

-----------------------

Unless you are rocking full ironheart in 25+ degrees celcius,

don't even talk to me.

Kiya,

Do you think the flathead belt would throw off the proportions to a pair of slim jeans like the FH 3001 or pbj xx-005, or is it versatile enough to be worn with both slim and loose jean?. Just wondering, because the buckle seems pretty big, and might look alittle funny worn with a fitted top and slim jeans.

I personally love that look of a slightly large belt buckle.

I wear my Flat Head belt with all my jeans.. FH3001, Iron Heart 634s, Sugarcane 1966, etc..

My belts tend to split right in the middle after a few months.

why is that?

What's a good belt that won't split so easily?

Any of the quality belts on this thread. Any belt made from one piece of leather (as opposed to two thin pieces glued together (Hello, DKNY). And don't forget to oil them once a year. I use Obenauf's.

My belts tend to split right in the middle after a few months.

why is that?

What's a good belt that won't split so easily?

That's the sign of a two piece leather belt that's been heat glued together.

Not a sign of quality normally.

The Flat Head, Iron Heart, Sugarcane, etc belts are all one piece..

Hi Kiya, do you ship to the UK?

I'm after a Sugar Cane Garrison belt and a Sugar Cane studded belt to fit a 36" waist on the middle hole. I'm a bit wary of ordering from Japan in case somehow I end up with the wrong size in translation. Could you help?

Thanks

Hi Kiya, do you ship to the UK?

I'm after a Sugar Cane Garrison belt and a Sugar Cane studded belt to fit a 36" waist on the middle hole. I'm a bit wary of ordering from Japan in case somehow I end up with the wrong size in translation. Could you help?

Thanks

yup, we ship worldwide.. just email us at denim @ selfedge.com and we'll get you sorted..

The flathead-belt is great, but i tend to stay away from anything with the word "nickle" in it, so i would probably chose the ironheart one.

Well here's where things get really confusing. If the google translation of the OTE link I posted on the previous page is to be believed, then the Manifold belt buckle is heavily silver plated on brass.

I mention this in response to your quote because Kiya reliably informs that the Manifold belts are in fact produced by The Flathead and are not quite as up to scratch as models branded 'The Flathead'. The translation info appears to fly in the face of such a notion, as does my personal experience - the leather on The Manifold OB-003 belt I have is simply the finest leather I have in my possession and it is in good company - nestling amongst belts from Red Moon and Samurai. With the greatest respect, I would be very surprised indeed if the leather on the Flathead belt was any superior at all. Cheers.

Well here's where things get really confusing. If the google translation of the OTE link I posted on the previous page is to be believed, then the Manifold belt buckle is heavily silver plated on brass.

I mention this in response to your quote because Kiya reliably informs that the Manifold belts are in fact produced by The Flathead and are not quite as up to scratch as models branded 'The Flathead'. The translation info appears to fly in the face of such a notion, as does my personal experience - the leather on The Manifold OB-003 belt I have is simply the finest leather I have in my possession and it is in good company - nestling amongst belts from Red Moon and Samurai. With the greatest respect, I would be very surprised indeed if the leather on the Flathead belt was any superior at all. Cheers.

In all honesty.. I do see what you're saying, and both the Manifold and Flat Head belts look amazing. But i'm just repeating what i've been told by the president of Flat Head regarding the differences between Manifold and Flat Head leathercraft items.

When you've got two items that are of extreme quality it's hard to tell the difference between leather grades if you're not a long time expert on leather, which is why i went straight to FH and asked the difference..

i have bought three belts from this guy, they are super thick, sturdy, replaceable buckles, a single piece of leather. you won't outlive this belt I"m sure.

the sizing is kinda funny, i like my belts extra long so i had to return a belt for sizing but if you size normal you might want to think about going a size extra, not a lot of length after the middle hole.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-DARK-CHOCOLATE-BROWN-LEATHER-BELT-1-1-2-Size-36_W0QQitemZ230152266641QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2993QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just got back from BIG picked up a new samurai belt. The thing I cannot understand is the sizing on these things. I wear a 32 in Sams and eternal 872, but my smaurai belt is a 38. I am fairly new to the scene but is that normal ???

i have 2 sam belt a snakeskin and a leather one.. snakeskin is 36 and leather is 38 both fit ok its just that the 38 has like 2 inches of tongue sticking out on the buckle.. while the 36 fits right

On the topic of belt,

I'm looking for a belt something similar to what skull did

313ll51.jpg

Unfortunately, they are all sold out .. i know you can find lots of woven belts like this

but im looking for a good quality one bout 100-150 price range perhaps

any idea?

and no i cant afford the visvim ones =/

muji has these

I just got back from BIG picked up a new samurai belt. The thing I cannot understand is the sizing on these things. I wear a 32 in Sams and eternal 872, but my smaurai belt is a 38. I am fairly new to the scene but is that normal ???

which samurai belt did you get? and how much do they go for at BIG?

has anyone bought one of the iron heart belts? i'm trying to decide on the sizing. my waist is 30 and my hips are 34, i probably wear my jeans in the middle, but i suspect the belt needs to be a touch bigger to account for the extra circumference of jeans, underwear etc. can anyone confirm whether the M (29-34) will fit me properly, or should i go up to the L?

has anyone bought one of the iron heart belts? i'm trying to decide on the sizing. my waist is 30 and my hips are 34, i probably wear my jeans in the middle, but i suspect the belt needs to be a touch bigger to account for the extra circumference of jeans, underwear etc. can anyone confirm whether the M (29-34) will fit me properly, or should i go up to the L?

The medium ironheart belt measures around 40 inches from the tip of the buckle to the tail, so the belt will probably fit someone who wears size 30 jeans well. Just out of curiousity, where did you measure your waist? At your navel, or two inches below? I'd suggest measuring 2 inches below your navel, or measuring the waistband of a pair of your best fitting jeans to determine your size. By the way, you could always go with the large ironheart belt, since the IH belt is meant to be taken apart and can easily be cut to achieve perfect sizing.

Dan, thanks for the quick reply! I measured a 30" waist at the navel, being the narrowest part of my body, and 34" just below my hip bones, I'm guessing around 32 at the 2-inches-below-the-navel point. It sounds like the Medium belt would work fine, although I might be on the last notches if I'm wearing my jeans off the hip.

Update: Just measured one of my belts and found the true 'used' length of my belt is 34-5" (again, because it is on the outside of the clothes). From what you said about 40" being the length of the Iron Heart belt, looking at the pictures of it, 5-6" in from the tip of the belt probably takes me exactly to the middle hole. Perfect! Thanks for the info mate!!

the Rockaway, NJ Uniqlo is on some summer-long sample/outlet sale, where half of their stock is covered in "UNIQLO SAMPLE" stickers with all chinese tags and the other half is stuff from soho that didn't sell and had nowhere else to go. nothing is over $20, which can be great.

I picked up a couple of their $10 belts after reading this thread. good stuff.

891410016_c62d6f8edf.jpg

891409928_5f234588f8.jpg