Belts

cecil

still, I don't know anything about belt construction so maybe you could explain your question and I can try to answer. If you mean to ask if there are two layers of leather pressed into each other to form one solid piece, then it's hard to tell because the black dye would cover any lines that might have been left by such a process--it looks like one solid piece of leather to me. If you mean are there two layers of leather that are bound together and visibly separate, then no. It's about 1/8" of an inch thick if that makes a difference.

18749.jpg

This is the Filson in 1 1/2 inch. My favorite is the DOUBLE version in 1 1/4. Stitch two of these together, and that's it. It is a really, really great belt.

cosign with leicalad on the double 1 1/2in belt from filson. so sturdy that makes me feel like that it will outlive me.

caclifton: they are snaps. they seemed quite strong for me.

truestorytravis: thanks for the info! because on sam's photo i see that at the buckle area theres two layers of leather. maybe i'm wrong. not that it's a bad thing. double layer belts are more sturdy and they retain shape very well. downside is that the glued one will seperate at parts after some wear.

Out of all my belts the only two i've had issues with are the two that are double layered.

Both of them have come unglued, i've attempted to get them repaired but they just come apart again.

I have yet to see some of these Japanese belts in person yet, but i'm hoping that they're either fused at the edges or one piece.

this is what i have been using for the past few mths, REPLAY customed...

it was originally just black leather with slits, i added python skin under n another backing on the back of it, n had everything stitched up, so that nothing will come loose....

really love it n now i'm workin on a new design for another belt...

P.S. didn't make the belts myself, only decided on the design n got a pro to do it...

img4809mk4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Love these belts, can't find anywhere online where they sell them on an english site.

We sell them via email if you want..

http://www.selfedge.com

We've got all the Sugarcane belts in stock, tan, black, studded, etc..

I think manufacture of those Flathead belts are subcontracted to The Manifold, virtually everything is the same as their belts.

What's The Manifold?

Flat Head is the only company i've ever seen that doesn't subcontract anything. Every single tiny thing is made inhouse. Their leather products (belts, wallets, key snaps, shoes, etc..) are all made here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiya/511868509/

I stumbled across the Manifold earlier this year via Rakuten stores Klax On and OTE, they seem to be a small label in the same spirit as Red Moon. I went on to buy this belt http://www.rakuten.co.jp/ot-emens/431252/431282/431361/ and it simply struck me that it and the recent FH version are remarkably similar hence me speculating that their manufacture maybe from one and the same source. For instance here is the pic of The Manifold OB-003 courtesy of OTE

img10571655543.jpeg

and here's the FH version courtesy of Selfedge (Kiya I hope you wont mind me using this image, please let me know if so)

fhtanbelt0_3.jpg

Those are produced by Flat Head.. All Manifold products are made by Flat Head.. But the way i understand it, the reason they're slightly lower cost that FH leather products is because the quality of the leather isn't as high as the Flat Head branded products.

:)

Flat Head doesn't outsource anything, and therefore they're found in the position many times of producing product for others.