Belts

cecil

28 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

Bonus points!

No it’s not mate - I was trying to get a pic done before the rain came on and I slung the buckle on back to front … I thought ‘fuck it’ and took the pics anyway 

D1E7148D-B749-4352-B172-958800410540.jpeg

No, the bonus points go to @indigoeagle and even more so to Tilmann - I'm very impressed with their delicacy. After all, they saw it but didn't ask :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

Yeah I knew the word but wondered why you asked - a) because I already said it was overdye; b) because pretty much all leather that isn’t struck through is ‘tea-core’

I was just pointing it out. Some people are very into it and also just double checking.

1 hour ago, Talan said:

No, the bonus points go to @indigoeagle and even more so to Tilmann - I'm very impressed with their delicacy. After all, they saw it but didn't ask :rolleyes:

Didn't notice it either :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hand painted Vachetta with pigskin overlays, vintage steel buckle, copper hardware and goldstone and quartz gemstones - there were a few challenges with this belt, not least was painting the belt to capture an actual piece of artwork

E6A6DD97-53DA-4B35-894F-6405B96CA14B.jpeg

482829CF-4857-48D8-9A29-4A69A058C8AF.jpeg

0C98C02F-C3EA-4EC2-AAF5-F9A49880D436.jpeg

7A0197F4-0585-4130-B490-66B760B02EF1.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

On 3/3/2023 at 3:45 PM, Duke Mantee said:

Customer wanted me to use an old Tender buckle on the chocolate strap

1442309C-944C-4CC4-95C0-C787F024CA1B.jpeg

It's beautiful, but the buckle's upside down! I've never tried it this way up,  maybe it'd work really nicely. Lovely job though, and great to see a unique take on this buckle :-)

11 hours ago, rodeo bill said:

It's beautiful, but the buckle's upside down! I've never tried it this way up,  maybe it'd work really nicely. Lovely job though, and great to see a unique take on this buckle :-)

Thanks mate - it actually sits very neat reversed, and a bit smoother at the coiled section holding the pin. I’ve got 3 of your belts and I never thought about it until discussing during the build.

Edited by Duke Mantee

• 2 weeks later...

Another for @Low Key - bridle leather in a lovely satchel tan colour with a variation of a design from my own belt - the swirling logs (swastikas) were potentially a step too far so I’ve remade the pattern and incorporated a thunderbird symbol. The buckle steel and studs are nickel plated steel

4A0A1E0D-5812-4AA0-B10F-A1FA16EC6359.jpeg

D79E3B5E-EF6B-4F39-9D65-ABA89D3937B6.jpeg

F36E0C4E-4481-4D2F-8F86-27AEDD566D0E.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

One for a friend of a friend … the mighty Rob Peru on IG. This is a 12oz (5mm thick) harness leather with a solid brass buckle I’ve stripped back and rubbed down to give it a matte finish … both leather and brass will patina quite significantly - oh and held together with solid copper saddlers rivets

BA85AFF7-E4E0-475C-85B4-F6C8BCE2DD9A.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

@hollowedlungs on IG wanted a belt to replace his Warehouse belt which he wasn’t entirely satisfied with - and coincidentally the exact same belt that made me decide to do what I’m doing.  Anyways a solid brass buckle set on a 32mm width 11oz Wickett & Craig bridle leather strap - edges painted 

IMG_0992.jpeg

A belt for @andymui97 on IG who chose an array of vintage jewels and overlays as a nod to to the luminous (radium) overlays used on a run of novelty belts in the late 20s~early 30s

The leather is J&FJ Baker oak tan bridle, the overlays are pigskin, the jewels are vintage glass and the hardware is brass with an antique finish

IMG_0994.jpeg