Belts

cecil

1 hour ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’d fight him and if I lost I’d make one for him … but I wouldn’t, he’s a pussy 

Some Ukrainian confirms

Edited by Talan

One for @MJF9 - bridle leather around 9-10oz but a slightly narrower width of 32mm with a matte finish nickel plate brass buckle. A little bit ‘dressier’ I think and has been polished and conditioned within an inch of its life, with painted edges (pretty much any raw area was painted out) to give a soft sheen that hopefully is what he was looking for.

E523EDD2-7BE4-4012-9EDE-6959ED24D793.jpeg

@Duke Mantee Superb job - that belt looks spot on.  

I must shout out Duke's top-notch belt consultancy and meticulous focus on the detail, taking time to listen to what I'm looking for and guide an even better outcome.  Big thank you!  I'm looking forward to putting it to use.

2 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I like that last belt a lot Duke, it’s one of my favourites from your creations. I just measured my belt and it’s 1 9/16” wide. Is that a common width?

Thank you

1 9/16 is 40mm … very common. Most European and Japanese buckles are metric sized and in 5 or 10mm increments - so 35mm, 40mm 45mm etc; whereas most UK and US buckles are still imperial sized and in 1/4 or 1/2 inch increments - so 1½ (38mm), 1¾ (44mm)

You’ll note I’m talking about buckle sizes because you can cut a piece of leather to any width … but you need a fastener and they are only available in standard sizes

3 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

not exactly Duke levels of decoration but kinda cool IMO, all handsewn, played around with roughout and smooth sides of a few cuts I had laying around.

Was that felt you used? A lot of the old novelty belts used a kind of felt overlay.

It’s a nice idea to have the contrast tail and buckle fold.

13 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

thanks lads, will geht around to detail pics eventually. 

@Duke Mantee all leather, but used roughout for the tail end and a few of the other details.

Aha - the reverse/rough looked a bit like felt when I first looked and I assumed you were acknowledging the original materials. Great stuff

A nice simple Wickett & Craig dark brown bridle leather (8-10oz) with a hand bronzed solid brass buckle and so.I’d copper saddler’s rivets for an old neighbour who wanted a ‘proper belt like he had when he was a young man’ … he’s a great old lad, I was delighted to oblige 

FB67863E-DDD1-47AB-8AAF-825B7CC6FCFD.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

Here’s another for @patina.pals on IG - a plain strap made from F&FJ Baker’s bridle leather in their London Tan colour … this is a hefty sonofabitch at 5.5mm going on nearly 6mm thickness. Still it’ll be butter soft after a few weeks wear. He chose a swelled end buckle and matching keeper for this design.

F4336516-98B9-4454-ABD2-10E99A3CACD7.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

A novelty belt (one of two ordered)nfor @sjordanpalmer on IG. This in Hermann Oak bridle around the 8-10oz mark - 1½” wide belt with tan cobra overlays, solid brass buckle, antique finish brass spots, hi-dome jewels (very old school) and a NOS cowboy spot. Colourful and very cool …

D3CEFC7C-99F6-4F9C-BA3C-D2EA57C39428.jpeg

77CA508E-0C18-40A2-984D-289B7E021C6B.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee