Belts

cecil

Couple of belts for @Broark - a nice simple strap in Walpier Buttero Rocky in Satchel Tan which is hopefully going to match in with some fancy footwear, and after many weeks of badgering a studded thing in Wickett & Craig Russet Harness (which will age spectacularly) with genuine Lapis Lazuli gemstones … because sapphire was just a step too far :laugh2:

5A598A58-8166-48ED-BF15-6788C778D768.jpeg

54C09831-9631-47D7-A1AC-95F1C30CB3ED.jpeg

C0E64E80-3C4B-4B6E-B84C-E116EFC34CCA.jpeg

May have to sort out a belt for me at some point after all @Duke Mantee. Don't know why l'm saying this now but it was something to do with the belt matching the footwear comment that got me thinking. Anyway, busy busy got the boy coming over soon for the weekend, know your busy too (with the new belt bizz but also with the fam) but will pm you later bud.

A Sedgwick bridle leather (about the 3mm thickness which straddles the formal/casual divide quite nicely) fitted out with a lovely hand forged solid brass buckle set for shadesofindig0 on IG

Sedgwick are a very traditional tannery and their bridle leather is still hand finished. It has slightly glossy finish and usually comes with the wax ‘bloom’ you might have seen giving the leathers a whitish coating. I’ve massaged that in and applied a couple more coats of Sedgwick’s own conditioner to preserve the finish and finished the edges in beeswax after a couple of passes of Tokonole gum.

This is one if the great leathers - top rank with only a few peers - and you can keep it in the condition you see here quite easily, but it also bends and creases to produce a beautiful aged look that many ‘denim heads’ want

038893AE-0222-4ACD-BBB6-41D28D70CEAF.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

… and another for @srudy - a ‘plain’ belt with a secret … but I’ll let the owner share that (if they so desire)

But a monster solid brass buckle of some 6-7oz on near 11oz Sedgwick bridle (I cut it from the ‘thick’ end) - so about 4-4.5mm thick. Immortal.

D459A513-B397-4414-848D-25CE23E08247.jpeg

4ABBF122-8953-49C3-B5F3-2EDB7E8052AC.jpeg

42DCC784-E80B-4174-B6C5-BB5F3257008E.jpeg

Edited by Duke Mantee

7 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Where do you gett al those buckles from? That one is really a monster...coould be used as a weapon

Military sources :wink: - but I’d need to kill you if I told you

… actually it might be effective if I threw it at Putin’s head …

Edited by Duke Mantee