Belts

cecil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been searching for a belt to match the colour of my Lofgren combat boots exactly / nearly exactly.  It's olive CXL. 

All options so far are a compromise and I limp on with my first world problem.   

Any suggestions?

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

https://www.hollowsleather.com     I don’t think Nick has any in store, but he has done Olive CXL before AFAIK ... or maybe he could do you a custom?

I think natural CXL might be a decent match in tone and he’s got that in stock or here at https://eastwestapparel.co.uk/shop/hollows-leather-double-prong-rail-belt-natural-cxl/ - Jamie the owner is a top guy

Thanks Duke.  Coincidentally Nick messaged me a little earlier as John Lofgren pointed me his way too.  He has no olive in atm but he said he'll ask in his next Horween order but no commitment on timescales.

That Hollows belt of Jamie's is very nice though I'm looking for a closer or exact colour match if possible. 

I have a green one from Equus that I can trundle on with.  I've tried the olive web belt from McCoys and an olive one from Anderson's but they're both too dark olive.  I have messaged Tanner too.

4 hours ago, MJF9 said:

I've been searching for a belt to match the colour of my Lofgren combat boots exactly / nearly exactly.  It's olive CXL. 

All options so far are a compromise and I limp on with my first world problem.   

Any suggestions?

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

My first post here, but I thought I'd make a suggestion for you. I have used Colin at Eternal Leather Goods for quite a few things. He could probably do a belt for you in Olive CXL. He just made me a watch strap in Olive Shinki Shell. His work is great. I have no relationship to him other than as a customer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So back to the belt and boots chatter from earlier and in addition to @Thanks_M8's fine belt which I'm very happy with...

I also contacted John Lofgren to ask for a link to the same olive CXL he uses for his combats - John kindly obliged with a link

@hollowsleather then kindly obliged in getting the leather in and making the belt

Really pleased with the excellent double pronged Rail belt from Nicholas

Thanks for all the suggestions earlier in the thread - appreciated gents... 

Quest complete - one brass buckled and one silver buckled - job's a good 'un...

20201017 Hollows belt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...