Belts

cecil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what leather crafter did you use? i want someone to put a large rivet in my FH shell wallet, out drinking this weekend one of my bead dangles tore off my wallet :(

You mean the restoration? I did that myself.

Sorry to hear about your wallet, is the outshell damaged at all?

You mean the restoration? I did that myself.

Sorry to hear about your wallet, is the outshell damaged at all?

Nope its all good! One of the ropes must have just been worn, it snapped off near one of the beads, no idea where they went. I may just order some other glass beads and see if i can cut the rope to make it look presentable but at a shorter length 

Nope its all good! One of the ropes must have just been worn, it snapped off near one of the beads, no idea where they went. I may just order some other glass beads and see if i can cut the rope to make it look presentable but at a shorter length 

Put up some photos if you do!

i got the impression only the buckle was restored, viewing on phone. Looks new. Excellent!

More here.

Edited by mikecch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We just received 3 colours of Obbi Good Label dress belts in London Tan, Ash Brown and Classic Black. Made of genuine cowhide leathers, double-sided, stitch-up on edge.

These Obbi Good Label Gentlemen Classic Leather Belts are handmade in OGL Leather Workshop in Singapore by well-trained leather artisans. Using vegetable-tanned leathers in London Tan, Ash Brown and Classic Black, they are skive down to achieve double-sided design. 

Before stitching up the 2 sides, another piece of leather is inserted to raise the belt body, which gives the wearer a classic dressy look, suitably for formal wear. The hardware used are made of stainless steel including the strong rectangular buckle that never goes out of style in formal wear. 

The belt design and concept is to be as conversative as possible, so that it stays low when coordinates with your three-piece suit or casual office-wear of shirt and pants. But the long-lasting characteristics of using genuine cowhide leathers, in double, allow this belt to evolve beautifully with age. 

The colour available is also carefully thought through to so that you can choose the best colour to match your dress shoes.

P9304839.jpg

P9294716.jpg

P9294711.jpg

P9294722.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, first time posting here. This is my burgundy bridle belt from equus leather after 15 months of wear. I feed it with sedgwick leathercare at least once a month.... there was a time I experiment this belt by drenching it in water just too see what will happen but it only became stiff for a couple of days. I think there is some minor peeling and drying at the buckle wear area so I feed that particular area with a thin film of sedgwick leathercare once a week lately. Most of the time I'm always with lighting that made the belt look brown instead of burgundy. It used to have a shiny sheen surface texture although not as glossy as shell cordovan or my loafer below but now the surface texture is totally matte. I think I should get Saphir Renovateur to supplement sedgwick leathercare to restore some shine to the belt. Hope you guys enjoy the photos. 

HWwh7R1

When it was brand new

1   Bridle leather Still looking New after 15 months Of wear

Now, taken outdoors

2   Made In England

3   Some cracks But still strong

4   minor discoloration

5   kP40xB9

7   J45NWw1

8   indoor lighting

Indoor lighting where it look like this most of the time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

quick and dirty pic of my new belt. Made by Ian Hubb in UK.

Sedgewick tan bridle, 5 mm thick, 1,5 inches width, I've bought the dull nickle buckle from Smoky Sumi store in Japan. looks and fits fantastic, the stitching makes the belt grip firmly to the jeans waistband. It's the first time I have a belt that doesn't move ever! I'll try and make a few better pics when I have time.

IMG_20170404_110015_493.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest