Belts

cecil

thanks tropic i will try those seller and hypen, I emailed Vikingleather and got a positive response, Frank was quick to reply even on a sunday and promised  that he will look on what stock they have.

some of you might be interested with this find, KAWATAKO belt!               http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWATAKO-DEVIL-HEAD-Japanese-Leather-Belt-Double-Buckle-/121251062897?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Belts&var=&hash=item1c3b206471

here are some of my belts. 

A local brand I found on facebook called The Leathersmith. they use vegetable tanned leather from Poland for the equivalent of $33, free shipping domestically (Thailand). The leather is so-so, not top notch and the leather surface does have some kind of shiny coating, but it does age well. here's after about a month or two of wear, few hours suntan, fed it twice with mink oil and whale fat. 

Belt-1.jpg

for $33 the seller threw in this thing as well, which i promptly used as keyring. well worth the price of $33 methink. 

Belt-3.jpg

My N&F thick belt. i know this is a no-go here, but i bought this when i started out last year and didn't know much about leather (i.e. before reading this thread and Mike's blog, thank you Mike!). the leather, as many have said, is spongy. It stretches as well, so it's not as thick as it was when i first got it. quite a bit boring with sub-par construction and leather, so i took the liberty of modifying it with belt puncher. 

Belt-4.jpg

details close-up

Belt-6.jpg

Belt-5.jpg

Belt-7.jpg

looks much better now imo. i dont care if the punches weaken the belt. eventually i'll replace this with other belt. 

tender belt. probably my favourite belt i have. unique buckle and wonderful leather. here's after 2-3 months of wear (initial coat of mink oil. urge, this was before i knew not to use mink oil.) age to a very beautiful ember brown. 

Belt-8.jpg

beautiful texture and colour. can't wait to see how it ages further. 

Belt-9.jpg

Latest additions. Equus belts. 

one Garrison belt in dark havana, but changed the buckle to Kensington while retaining two prongs. the other winchester quick release belt with sam brown stitching, in bridle russet leather.

Belt-10.jpg

I still can't fathom how thick the Baker Russet leather is! 4mm Equus leather on top, Tender in the middle (about 5mm), then the Baker Russet at 6-7mm. I'm sure it will age as well as the Tender belt. will be enjoyable to watch the evo. 

Belt-11.jpg

Don't even get me started on belts. I kinda have a problem... :)

Here's what I've been rocking lately:

Picture2_zpsd171f04f.png

13 oz. stripey Hermann Oak harness leather, brass hardware w/ matte nickel finish. Right at 1/4" (7 mm) thick. Love this belt. (I make em.)

(Those are 3W 1220FI's, at 1 year of daily wear. 1 soak, 2 washes.) 

Edited by BendixDrive

Don't even get me started on belts. I kinda have a problem... :)

Here's what I've been rocking lately:

Picture2_zpsd171f04f.png

13 oz. stripey Hermann Oak harness leather, brass hardware w/ matte nickel finish. Right at 1/4" (7 mm) thick. Love this belt. (I make em.)

(Those are 3W 1220FI's, at 1 year of daily wear. 1 soak, 2 washes.) 

where did you sourced your 7oz leather, would you mind sharing it? I tried Vikings leather but still waiting for an invoice for almost a week now.

While waiting for 2 buckles i ordered from Japan and straps from Vikings Leathercrafts and Outfitters Supply Inc.

Thanks Guys for directing me to those leather stores.

here's mine, Polo Jeans Co., Sugar Cane, RRL, and latigo that i made for my self.

image_zpsd52386d0.jpg

sorry for the confusion, i have this heavy buckle belt for 7 years and just notices it today that it is RLX not RRL.

Edited by syeh

I received Hermann oak Harness straps yesterday from Outfitters Supply. Nice quality leather strap and yes it is 13oz, 5mm thick and while waiting for buckles i ordered from Japan i did some work on the strap, ala Redmoon style.

image_zps904c75ac.jpgimage_zps266ee7bf.jpg

Edited by syeh

Hi, I am looking for a black brass Garrison belt in the US. Something similar to a Strike Gold belt. I really would like something in 13oz but most of the ones I have seen seem to be 10oz. I like Hollows but he doesn't carry a true black. I'm also looking for a lighter color belt but black just seems harder to find. Does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks

yes i order it online direct from Japan it took 3 days handling because of snow and 3 days shipping and its on my door here at Los Angeles Ca. I have a very nice experience dealing with Japanese seller like Rakuten, 2nd and Vari they are so honest keep you updated of your purchase.

you can order it from here, i ordered 2 for combine shipping.

http://shop.kcs-world.com/category/select/cid/494

and here how they keep you updated and he said 6 hours its 6 hours that's how disciplined they are.

Hello.

Thank you for your order!

Now we are checking stock in our office.

I will send to you answer within 6 hours.

then I can tell you when we ship your order.

Sincerely,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiyotaka Nakabayashi

KC,s leather Craft Handmade in Japan.

5470-275 Sakuta Kujukurimachi Sanbugun Chibaken Japan 283-0101

TEL 0081-475-70-4700 FAX 0475-53-6444

e-mail [email protected]

Edited by syeh

I was looking to grab 2, I saw that they had a brass one so 1 nickel and 1 brass. I'm located in L.A too! Now to figure out which is which, need something that'll fit my 1.5 inch belt.

Edit: your belt is 1.5 I'm guessing, so you ordered a 38mm one?

Edited by whackedout

just to warned you that the 45mm buckle is "HUGE" lol.

a comparison to my 1.56 mm Sugarcane.

image_zpscd969c81.jpg

Edited by syeh