Belts

cecil

That KMW belt is nice at $95, but any belt priced at $360 better be made from unicorn.  The new price isn't a crazy bargain, just sensible.

Yeah, just because something is on a crazy sale doesn't mean it's suddenly a bargain. It's original price may very well have been marked up like crazy sure to various factors.

However, if it's a quality product and it suddenly goes on a crazy sale-and becomes reasonably priced-and it's been an item you've been eyeing for a long time, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger, haha.

KMW belts are a great deal at $95.  I wanted one for years but knew that $360 was just a ridiculous price and while they were nice they weren't that nice. They were stupid at $360, I don't think any leather belt is worth that unless the buckle is made out of something valuable.  But, at $95 I think the KMW belt is a steal for the quality of leather and the fantastic design of the buckle.  I bought three of them.  

I have a few Tanner Goods belts, a Jean Shop, and a couple Context house brand as well.  They are all nice but the KMW is at another level for sure.  Based on what those sell for I'd say $150-200 would be a fair normal price for the KMW probably, so the current price is really good even if the original price was just stupid..

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a thick black leather belt with garrison style buckle, dual prong preferred. Sugar Cane or Samurai would be an option.

I know that the Samurai A 103 fits like a dream in 38, but is also the most expensive one. Does anybody own a SC belt - how are they sized?

Does anybody have other good models? Not too pricy but good quality.

On the double prong..

I have on of these coming..

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/129871318/custom-175-wide-natural-heavy-duty-2?ref=listing-shop-header-4

I am looking to change the prong with another buckle

I will let you know how they are in comparison to my tanners..

I would have opted for a tanner but since they don't wanna do custom orders..

Max, Rivet and Hide sell belts by Crispin, who made the HWDC merchandise. The London tan one is particularly gorgeous.

img_2032b_1.jpg

I'm sure Danny could sort you out with sizing.

Ah, I see you're after a black belt. I don't think he has any in stock, but you could always try Equus Leather.

Edited by Graeme

New to this forum I started to browse the content and I got hocked by this belt thread. After about an hour I made from 2007 to all the posts since then. Quite impressive ones I saw and that speaks about the passion of the users and the sense of quality. 

Today I sew a Feinschmuck cast bronze buckle to a nice piece of brown leather from the Schachenmayr Tannery

Here just some images. If you like them more you will find here. (I do not want to offense the others by wasting their bandwidth)

D%C3%BCrers-betende-H%C3%A4nde-G%C3%BCrt

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good stuff~!!  

I've just started making my very own belts with thick Italian Veg Tanned leather and solid brass buckle.  I've worn mine for 2 weeks and it's starting to look interesting.  

P.S. Camera battery went dead on me..... pics to come soon. :) 

Where can i buy 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 wide,12 to 14oz leather belt straps only. i been searching the ebay and web for quite a while but no success. help will be greatly appreciated.

As long as you're not looking for belt blanks, I bought mine from Viking Leathercrafts. It's not lightning fast, but is fast enough, and if you email you can get a custom width (I got some of the 13-15oz cut to 1 11/16" width for belts).

It took my leather about 1.5 weeks to ship (custom width), and I was refunded since I had checked out with the 2" in my cart.

785U6XX.jpg

Edited by Hyphen

Top (lighter) - Corter natural belt, ~2008 - 2010, outgrown.

Bottom (darker) - Corter heavy natural belt, ~2010 - present

Both treated with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP a couple of times during break-in.

PtfbHpa.jpg

Vemk90h.jpg

gkbC32y.jpg

VUU4JQ1.jpg

Edited by blackfuture

It's been a few years since I bought a belt, I love the black double prong Tanner I have and wanted to get another but I don't see them on the website anymore. Who makes a similar belt at a similar price (around 100 or so)?