Belts

cecil

Just arrived, the final prototype of the "Military belt" project with Equus Leather before the project belts get made.

The hand-stitch has been upgraded, some spacing aspects adjusted, and the pin is the finalised version:

P1200226.jpg

P1200205.jpg

P1200206.jpg

P1200210.jpg

P1200219.jpg

P1200187.jpg

P1200228.jpg

Still taking orders for a short while before the leather from Baker's is delivered (PM me for details) :)

For the rant, see here.

Edited by mikecch

Posted · Hidden by Foxy2, January 29, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Foxy2, January 29, 2012 - No reason given

got bored and did take a few picture of my pherrow's belt - my current favorite...

th_60d898b2.jpg[/url]

Have belt for at least 2-3 years. worn quite a bit during that time.

treated with mustang paste once, not that it was needed.

My Terry Dear belt from Mike's first project

And the leather starts to crack a bit...might should have oiled it more often to keep it pliable?

Nice evo on the leather mate!

I can recommend feeding the leather once every 30 days of effective wear, it being a rather raw (and thus drier) leather compared to the traditional bridle & harness leathers that Baker makes.

It's a good idea to give it a couple of layers of conditioner before use, if anybody has just purchased a new one.

^

Dang riff, your scratching me where I itch. I have one order from Nicholas, should be here in two weeks, hope mine looks that nice.

Edited by Robroy

My Equus leather project belt arrived last thursday. Thx to Mikecch!

EQUUS-1.jpg

EQUUS-2.jpg

EQUUS-6.jpg

EQUUS-4.jpg

EQUUS-5.jpg

EQUUS-7.jpg

Better pix are on their way...

Got myself another harness leather belt, by unlucky.

The leather is a 16 oz Triple C harness, a pure vegetable tannage from Chahin that's been stuffed with oils but manages to retain the "natural" colour.

Pics taken after one coating of Sedgwick's leather feed:

p1130253r.jpg

p1130222r.jpg

Elk tendon:

p1130224d.jpg

p1130234g.jpg

p1130243.jpg

How would I go about getting one of these?

Finally got my Equus Military Belt today! Just finished applying some of the leather feed they included with it. It's really beautiful. It does kind of bug me that the brass buckle obviously doesn't match the steel hardware on my wallet/chain/etc., but it'll probably look fine once everything ages a bit. It's about as thick as my OGL belt but not quite as wide (1.5" instead of 1.75") so it's a great fit. I'll take pics later.

thanks for clearing that up mike, im cool with that. my package just has to get out of customs :/

edit: got mine today. it's the polished buckle would have preferred the default, oh well its still a lovely belt.

The default one is still quite shiny to begin with (default is featured on my belt and the earlier prototype.)

If you didn't asked for it to be polished than it is unlikely Charlie would have done it for you

(•‿•)

I'm looking at getting the same belt mike posted.

The watch I wear on a daily basis is stainless. Would the belt look better with the brass buckle or stainless?

Which belt are you referring to skyler?

The Military belt (project belt with Equus) only comes with the brass double-pin garrison.

An update of some of my belts made with harness leather, all from different tanneries:

p2070176.jpg

p2070194.jpg

p2070206.jpg

p2070222.jpg

Some of the older ones have a funny shape because the leather has moulded with wear...

Edited by mikecch

the second one. i'm getting scott to make me one and can't make up my mind on the buckle. i originally told him stainless because i thought it'd work better with my watch. i just really like the way brass looks as it ages.

p2070194.jpg

The default one is still quite shiny to begin with (default is featured on my belt and the earlier prototype.)

If you didn't asked for it to be polished than it is unlikely Charlie would have done it for you

(•‿•)

hehe I must be confused, thought unpolished would look similar to the one beautiful_freak posted. anyways this belt is about to blow the loops off my new roys. thing is a beast, so thick at the buckle. Still its surprisingly soft compared to the russet bridle belt, which is very stiff.

Edited by jim_n

Unlucky + 3 months and one treatment of Obenauf's leather oil /new Equus

Thanks again to Mike for putting this project together, and apologies for the blatant theft of the design on the Unlucky belt.

Looking good!

Which leather did you get for the sword-tip belt? W&C skirting?

Edited by mikecch