Belts

cecil

thanks mike, yeah I'm pretty happy with the color, what do you think about the leather from looking at the macro shots?

^ I really like it - to me the strong grain definition as well as the amber tinge in the brown tells me that this saddle leather was either finely tanned or well stuffed post-tan...a fine, currier-finished product, not something you could get from Tandy.

It's saddle leather like this that we were trying to explore in the Joe Hill belt project (part of it anyway), and I will use your RM belt as a standard bar to compare my Joe Hill belt evo!

I just received my tanner goods belt I ordered. I got a size 28, thinking it would fit like every other leather belt I have. But for the tanner goods one, I have to clip it up to the very last notch.

So I'm going to exchange it for a bigger size. If I'm a waist size 30, which size in tanner goods belt do you guys suggest I get? A size 30, or a size 32?

hey Ive been looking into buying a corter belt, but they don't seem to have anywhere to pick a size. I figured maybe I'm just supposed to email them? But I wanted to make sure, anyone know?

When I ordered one, eric (corter guy) emailed me a couple days after asking for my size. :cool:

Guest nooblet333
so process = place order now, I SHOULD get an email, and then how long will it take to come?

Probably at least 2 weeks, since Eric(corter) is very very busy! Also he has to make a custom one just for you!

^ Similar to Ord's belt on the previous page if you wear it long enough?

But other than the grain being more defined and the odd bit of scratches in the short-term, I don't see the black leather changing in any dramatic way.

SG's belts are made by Kawatako using Italian saddle leather, IIRC.

Edit: We need more pictures in this thread!

^ Similar to Ord's belt on the previous page if you wear it long enough?

But other than the grain being more defined and the odd bit of scratches in the short-term, I don't see the black leather changing in any dramatic way.

SG's belts are made by Kawatako using Italian saddle leather, IIRC.

Edit: We need more pictures in this thread!

I had the same opinion on black belt until I saw a sugarcane belt posted on this thread awhile back... the black leather on SC does age very beautifully...

I got some new goodies in recently, so I decided to make myself a new belt for the summer.

5582400786_786c43d062_z.jpg

What is most attractive to me about this belt are the tear drop holes. Very nice. I bet when punching them they would be hard to keep horizontal to the side of the belt especially when punching through 14 oz leather.

Here's some pictures of my new brown belt. 10 oz US steer, made by a guy named Skip Joacim from southern Indiana. I actually found his site via Google and decided to support my state economy and give him an order. At $22 bucks, it's was a worthy gamble. Having never heard of him, I didn't know what to expect, but his site said he'd been making belts for over 30 years. I replaced the original buckle from one I bought from Tandy.

TnbdPl.jpg

PfGXql.jpg