Belts

cecil

Hey b_F, yeah, I just saw it on mynudies, it looks really nice :)

Mmm, the last time I talked to James he said they weren't using 15 oz?!?!

Maybe I should get in touch with him again soon.

But I'm hoping to get a natural belt from Terry first though...since oak-bark tan isn't available in most places, especially at the price Terry is offering :)

Other than that - my next belt will most likely be made from natural vegetable tanned Tochigi leather.

It's the stuff Kawatako uses - full of oils and has a nice, smoky grain <3

Maybe next year...

• 2 weeks later...
Terry's oak-bark tanned belt for the win :)

Grain has expanded nicely with some wear...

dsc04631ey.jpg

dsc04626r.jpg

wow that sure looks different from the regular veg tan leather

By the way is that the same dark brown belt you got from terry some weeks ago? It looks way lighter in color than before. In fact it looks like natural tan :eek:

Nice pics Mike.

And thanks for your mail with the pics of the tan leather. Hopefully the belts are soon ready

Thanks b_F.

I'll send you more info. tomorrow ;)

wow that sure looks different from the regular veg tan leather

By the way is that the same dark brown belt you got from terry some weeks ago? It looks way lighter in color than before. In fact it looks like natural tan :eek:

Yep, same belt.

These pictures were taken in natural Australian sunlight, so it looks lighter :)

Here's my new 15 oz brazilian leather Obbigood belt.

After fearing that my belt might have gotten lost, it arrived finally today. Everything's just perfect. the thickness of the leather is incredible, the surface is super soft and it feels bulletproof. I also enjoy that it's broader than the usually model I initially got. The beltholes are on point. Now I wait for some days before oiling it and then hope for a nice patina.

sany0445q.jpg

sany0447.jpg

sany0448.jpg

sany0450u.jpg

sany0451o.jpg

Sorry for those crappy pics. But at least you can see the colour difference to my 2 months old key rein, which has been oiled twice.

Got some cool pics of really nice belting leather, I thought I'd share...

So a bunch of guys got together and coerced Terry-the-uber-leathersmith for some thick natural leather belts - we wanted some nice Celtic leatherware to kick some Americana butt :P

This is the result: 16 to 18oz, 12 months oak bark tanned leather (I'll calliper the leather for precise thickness when I get mine).

This is a one-off from the tannery, a limited edition leather if you like; they took special care to ensure they maximally emphasise the texture of the grain - something they call 'growth'.

So yeah, this is oak bark leather plus :)

fullbutt.jpg

thickness.jpg

graino.jpg

Photos by Terry.