Belts

cecil

So do people buy a new belt for each pair of jeans they have? It seems that whenever I see pictures of people's collections, they have a different belt for each pair. Or do y'all transfer belts from pair to pair?

I transfer my Sugar Cane Garrison belt when I switch jeans.

yo farmer, stop fucking playing games man, it's too early on a saturday for this bullshit. we demand more pics and info that belt is the maybe the most beautifuly ugly shit ive ever seen. if there was no such thing as grail belt status, there is now

Question.. Why do people oil and tan their brand new belts?

Isn't that the equivalent of starching your jeans to speed up wear?

I understand that but all commercial grade leather is lightly treated, untreated leather isn't leather, it's rotting skin.

Treatments range from vegetable tanning to rawhide treatment (where the leather is soaked in lime and stretched) to chromium tanning. In the end it's treated with something.

I understand that but all commercial grade leather is lightly treated

This is the ticket right here.

I never recommend an oiling right away unless the goal is darkening the leather.

Unless the leather gets soaked (then air dried) you don't need to oil most leather stuff more than once or twice a year to keep it happy.

This is the ticket right here.

I never recommend an oiling right away unless the goal is darkening the leather.

Unless the leather gets soaked (then air dried) you don't need to oil most leather stuff more than once or twice a year to keep it happy.

do they honestly need oiling at all? like some guidelines on when oiling would be required would be nice. i'm assuming everyone is talking abt mink oil here too.

i dunno, i mean this belt is *money*, yo:

BL-155A.jpg

4090.jpg

Isn't there a thread about denim like this? "The Ugliest Jeans In the World" I believe. There's a good reason these are only $20 belts.. It's called supply and demand. Low quantity demanded = low price

sorry dude, but -rep