Belts

cecil

i actually have a couple of the belts from Kurt. they're really nice and the price is good as well (around USD $60 if i remember correctly). if i get a chance, i'll upload some pics.

he typically orders a bunch from a leather worker here in Taiwan and when his stock runs out, he'll order again. i don't believe he's got the one that he shows in the blog available in the shop right now though. it's possible to special order but the dude who makes them is S-L-O-W. i special ordered a belt and it took literally 3 months to get.

the belts aren't available online so you have to get them from his shop here in Taipei.

maybe someone who can read this can help me out here: the latest post on kurt's life & faith blog has some shots of what looks, to me, like a pretty awesome belt evolution, only problem is I have no idea what belt it is or where to kop.

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/zk2006/4570964

check dat shit out.

2lu4bj5.jpg

2uhr342.jpg

2cbxuw.jpg

Picked up a new WWII Garrison Belt from the bay... awesome belt and really nicely made. It was pretty stiff when I got it and I gave it a good soaking of Pecards for 2 days and then let it hang in the bathroom to get some moisture in it.

The best part is the color matches my Indy's perfectly!

3435540555_4f3cdee2a9.jpg?v=0

3435546089_5f68f6a5a9.jpg?v=0

What is the usual turn around time from Tanner belts? I paid/placed an order 3 weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything from them. They aren't responding to my emails either....

Same thing with me, but i just got an e-mail today saying it just got shipped.

What is the usual turn around time from Tanner belts? I paid/placed an order 3 weeks ago and I have yet to hear anything from them. They aren't responding to my emails either....

I always thought they were made to order, thus the long wait for the product. That's just my guess though, I had to wait about the same length of time for my belt too.

• 5 weeks later...

ok thats a point, thanks,. i havent bought it yet but i am thinking of getting it since i am going to b in munich on the weekend and i can try it on. .

• 1 month later...

Received my LGC belt today. Excellent service and the quality is super. They normally don't ship to the Netherlands but after some email contact with Bill LeClair he wouldn't mind. The leather is nice thick and the hardware feels solid. I personally think for this price you don't find something better.

foto.jpg

Hey all,

Just picked up a tan Sugar Cane Garrison belt. I've only had it 2 days and haven't had a chance to pick up any oil/wax yet and I already see some cracking around the flexing area at the tip where the belt reinserts into the buckle. Should I stop wearing it until I get some conditioner or oil on it? Thanks.