Belts

cecil

So, looking to buy a Sugar Cane Garrison Belt through Vari or Himeya. Before I start trying, how do I go through this process? Haven't been looking into it, but I've seen around here things such as a proxy service?

Use this link to get it to an english checkout

http://en.item.rakuten.com/vari/10012882/sn=vari:sugar_fo1406&sid=209694&f=1&k=FO1406&vm=2&f=1

you can pay in usd and use paypal

it'll wind up being around $110 shipped

i agree that they look a lot nicer. its just that 100+ bucks for a belt, is kinda hard to dish out. if i get one though, it will be a sugarcane one. anyone know/have experience with the tan SC belt?? does indigo rub off and stain it?? thanks

I've got two SC Garrison belts, tan and brown. The tan one darknes nicely with sun/wear to a more caramel colour. Indigo rubs off in high-friction areas on the inside only. I can take some pics if you'd like?

Some of the best money I've spent. They really are great quality belts. I can justify the price when I think that these belts will last 5-10 years, and look better and better with age. If you're looking for something similar but a little cheaper go for Corter's premium leather belt.

I've got two SC Garrison belts, tan and brown. The tan one darknes nicely with sun/wear to a more caramel colour. Indigo rubs off in high-friction areas on the inside only. I can take some pics if you'd like?

Some of the best money I've spent. They really are great quality belts. I can justify the price when I think that these belts will last 5-10 years, and look better and better with age. If you're looking for something similar but a little cheaper go for Corter's premium leather belt.

ya pics would be great! since theres so much praise for the belt, i guess ill be getting an SC tan belt in the future ( maybe during summer)

got this link from lightning magazine.

anyone here ever heard of IDAHO LEATHERS?

here are two links, seems like they make really nice belts

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/stax-clo/913244/983737/983738/

http://vintageblue.co.jp/list.php?br=il

Idaho leathers specializes in western gun holsters, and also makes belts for the motorcycle leather company, Langlitz Leathers. I own two belts from them and they are very thick. I like them, but their thickness makes it somewhat uncomfortable to wear.

cool levistrauss,

although looking at the pics they dont look thicker then lets say sugarcane belts. and on the links i have posted they say the belts are around 4,5 to 5 mm.

and they look softer.

any pics of yours you could post ?

I don't have any pictures, but they're both very basic (a black money belt and another in natural finish). These belts are wider than sugarcane belts, 2 inches, so that's why they feel so thick.

I once owned a sugarcane belt and ended up selling it. In terms of quality, the Idaho Leather belts are far superior.

cool levistrauss,

although looking at the pics they dont look thicker then lets say sugarcane belts. and on the links i have posted they say the belts are around 4,5 to 5 mm.

and they look softer.

any pics of yours you could post ?

I'm going to open an online store for good, high quality leather belts in the style of the Japanese selvedge denim makers. 10+ ounce leather with various styles such as Samurai's stitched belt and Real McCoys Buco belts and some classic tooled styles. They will be in the style of those belts but made here in the US and probably cost about half of what you would pay for the Japanese stuff. Would people from this forum be interested in that? What widths do people usually buy? 1.5" or 1.75"? Should I offer both widths or even more?

I'd be interested in 1.5" wide models. My LGC belt has stretched so much over a year or so that the smallest hole is barely small enough now.

This is what I'm taking about.. I've got belts that are 20+ years old and they're not stretched? What's with these belts from Japan?