Belts

cecil

Its just more exclusive. The leather is 6mm thick in most cases and it ages, so it gets better and better over time. It will last a lifetime

doesn't need to be 6mm thick to last a lifetime and age beautifully in my opinion

Got this handmade belt from an old artisan in my town. I am really satisfied with the quality of the leather and the construction, and now I'm considering the idea of designing something different toghether with him. The guy is like 60 years old and his place is there since the 70's. This is really basic, 3mm thick natural tan leather from Tuscany with a brass buckle:

dsc04941py1.jpg

dsc04942iu8.jpg

dsc04943sn5.jpg

dsc04944ai5.jpg

just out of curiosity how do you guys like this one. its from the manufactum site.

the language is german, and the belt is 8 to 10 mm thick. i saw this one last week in munich and i think it is a bit to thick and heavy, but....

http://www.manufactum.at/Produkt/191427/1420431/GuertelOchsenleder.html

just out of curiosity how do you guys like this one. its from the manufactum site.

the language is german, and the belt is 8 to 10 mm thick. i saw this one last week in munich and i think it is a bit to thick and heavy, but....

I like It!! ( although i dont understand what its saying) its a pretty good color n stuff and thick . the only thing i dont like is the belt buckle itself.

A 10mm thick belt is gratuitous. There's no reason for that. Barring a motorcycle crash or a ninja ambush, you won't wreck a 5-6mm thick belt in three lifetimes.

from personal experience, a pair of jeans will add about 2 inches to your waist measurement for a belt, give or take. and different leather will stretch to a different extent.

the most accurate way to buy a good fitting belt is to measure one you already own from the prong to the hole you use.

if you want a nice belt that is not ALD and for a lesser cost I can recommend Hollows Leather and Corter. they both make kick-ass belts. Other than that, Leather Goods Connection is excellent quality for the price, or go all-out and get a heavy duty Sugar Cane/Samurai/Iron Heart belt.

looking to pick up one of these from lgc:

handmadeleather20392625je0.jpg

w558.png

and need some advice: my belt collection consist of a black 1-1/4 and light brown 1-1/2... if it helps, im 5'11 and i wear slim jeans.

1. do you think i should go for 1-1/2 or 1-3/4 (not sure if its too bulky) in natural?

2.should i get the border stitched with a wheat thread?

img10203756292.jpg

3. lastly, what do you think of black belt with brass buckle:

18749.jpg

will it clash with my silver watch ;)

cheers!