Belts

cecil

I like to wear old biker belts from the 40's and 50's as well as old garrison belts from the late 30's and early 40's. Here's a 40's silver studded black leather belt. Since this photo was taken I've treated the leather with Pecards and it's restored it back to good condition.

belt.jpg

By far the best belt on this thread. Nothing beats these vintage originals.

do you guys think a nice belt is necessary if you never tuck?

Necessary? No. But neither is dry denim...But you'll be using your belt A LOT. The difference between a $10 belt from your local Ross/Marshalls/etc and any in this thread will be pretty noticeable - maybe not to another person if you never show your belt, but you'll know.

No. And If I'm going to wear a shirt untucked, I'll take the belt off. Depending on the type of buckle, it could wear holes into your shirt.

That is one of the most retarded statements ever - I have been wearing belts for longer than I can remember and I haven't ever worn a shirt on account of the belt.

Even if you don't tuck in your shirt, I'd still say having a "nice" belt is good. Nice doesn't necessarily mean expensive.

Just make sure the leather isn't all shitty and you're buying it as one solid piece of leather as opposed to two strips glued together. Then they'll separate and you'll look like the poor kids.

That is one of the most retarded statements ever - I have been wearing belts for longer than I can remember and I haven't ever worn a shirt on account of the belt.

well, it happened to me. probably from my shirt hanging over a slightly large buckle while wearing motorcycle jacket zipped up tight while riding. drilled several holes into my favorite motorhead shirt this way.

& what's the point of wearing a belt if your pants fit? pointless if you're going to wear a baggy t-shirt over it anyway.

sorry if this is mind-blowing to you. after all of your 12 years of belt-wearing experience it's obvious that your'e the go-to guy at your middle school.

well, it happened to me. probably from my shirt hanging over a slightly large buckle while wearing motorcycle jacket zipped up tight while riding. drilled several holes into my favorite motorhead shirt this way.

& what's the point of wearing a belt if your pants fit? pointless if you're going to wear a baggy t-shirt over it anyway.

sorry if this is mind-blowing to you. after all of your 12 years of belt-wearing experience it's obvious that your'e the go-to guy at your middle school.

I wear a Alpinestar SMK jacket and use a shitty kenneth cole belt with a medium sized buckle? I've never worn through my shirts or had it interfere with anything. I've ridden everything from standard cruisers to nakeds to melt-your-body-into-the-bike supersports.

Am I the only one who finds the thick, unreasonable belts by JP denim manu's uggo?

Much rather have an RM Williams, LGC, Filson, or Cabela's belt...

they are not ugly, but I have to admit that my samurai heavy curve belt is just too damn stubborn and thick to wear on a daily basis, it's like the belt wears you and not the other way around...

I'm glad I made the switch to RedMoon, don't think I'll ever wear another brand again (when it comes to belts that is)

Finally picked up a Corter belt. I was on the train and my buckle got snagged on somebody's luggage and the "leather", or whatever it was, just tore in two. It was already looking pretty bad with it tearing and all.

Unfortunately, I like black belts because brown just isn't my color. Is caring for a tan belt the same as a black one?

which would you choose this

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/sj-a103/ or this http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/rm-vb-01a-sd/ I know that redmoon is more expensive but do you think it is worth it?

^^^Get the Samurai belt. I think the buckle looks better, and I believe its made by KC's Leather. I have a few Samurai belts and they do not disappoint. Or just pm banh_trang. He's selling a Sammie belt.

I say get a RM belt, but not that one :P

is it worth the extra cash? that depends on what you want out of it

I own a RM belt and the samurai heavy curve belt and they are very different but both great belts in their own way...

I almost never wear my Samurai belt anymore, cause it's thick, stiff and heavy but when I first got it, it was real impressive and the quality is really nice, I just can't help feeling like the belt is wearing me though instead of the other way around...

RM belts are a bit less thick, still pretty stiff (specially new), a bit more comfy, not so impressive right out of the box, but when tanned and worn for a week or two, you'll notice that the quality is second to none and it'll impress you just as much as the samurai belt when it was new

personally I doubt if I'll ever wear a non-RM belt again...

RedMoon has alot of nice belts, personally I like (and own) the ones with the handstitched patterns on them, I just think it's a waste, if you're gonna shell out for a RM belt, you might aswell get something that's different, not just a plain sd belt, every brand can make that :P

that's just my opinion though

RedMoon has alot of nice belts, personally I like (and own) the ones with the handstitched patterns on them, I just think it's a waste, if you're gonna shell out for a RM belt, you might aswell get something that's different, not just a plain sd belt, every brand can make that :P

that's just my opinion though

I like your pattern better than this http://www.redmoon-shop.jp/shopdetail/021001000025/brandname/ were did you buy yours?