Belts

cecil

In Osaka there is a store called 1203 Mano Fece, meaning 1203 Hand Made in Italian. This store specializes in leather products and accessories. Everything I have seen there is really nice quality stuff. I bought one of their belts in-store, almost everything is made-to-order. You can choose the leather, buckle, distressing, and can even add some stitching details. I'll post some pictures later.

quick update. Just added the new Unisex Skinny Standard to our line.

3046348842_91189dc514_o.jpg

We’ve been secretly making this thinner version of our classic Standard belt for a few months now, and have finally added it as an official release to our line. Measuring 1” in width, it’s a great alternative for those who have pants with smaller belt loops.

quick update. Just added the new Unisex Skinny Standard to our line.

We’ve been secretly making this thinner version of our classic Standard belt for a few months now, and have finally added it as an official release to our line. Measuring 1†in width, it’s a great alternative for those who have pants with smaller belt loops.

Those are some very nice belts that should look terrific with any pair of jeans plus a white shirt tucked in. Well designed but yet simple.

So i recently bought a flathead belt from selfedge and i must say it is extremely nice! The leather and the buckle are both top notch!

before tanning...

100_5352.jpg

after tanning...

100_5495.jpg

and comparing the color before and after...

100_5468.jpg

out of curiosity, what did u use to tan?

I'm looking for a more affordable belt for around 110 dollar. SugarCane has one, but it is not available till february... Anyone has a suggestion? As long as it is ~5mm thick tan leather with a nice buckle its fine!

Are you planning on getting it through Self Edge? You can just proxy SC stuff from Japan. I've found that it'll generally save money (IIRC, SC requires their stuff to be marked up stateside). I got the basic SC belt from Vari for like 80+shipping...around 95.

..so i'm new to the conditioning leather biz and thought I'd try out some lexol...I just used some lexol conditioner on a small part of my sugar cane studded belt and after the conditioner dried, the leather seems more prone to wrinkling and it doesn't seem to feel as smooth as the non-conditioned areas....is this normal? thanks for the help...

I was thinking of getting a sugar cane belt too and i was thinking if Sugar Cane is best for its price. Is it thick and wide?

either that or a iron heart belt but those are really expensive.

The SC belt is like 1.6" wide and 4mm thick or so. Samurai is around 6mm, FH is about 5/6mm I think, IH - not sure. In regards to JUST the leather, I think the best price/quality ratio might actually be Corter's "premium belt" - 15oz leather. It won't have as nice of a finish as these big companies though (after all, you can only do so much with a single person leather operation), but I think the leather itself is pretty darn rugged.

The SC belt is like 1.6" wide and 4mm thick or so. Samurai is around 6mm, FH is about 5/6mm I think, IH - not sure. In regards to JUST the leather, I think the best price/quality ratio might actually be Corter's "premium belt" - 15oz leather. It won't have as nice of a finish as these big companies though (after all, you can only do so much with a single person leather operation), but I think the leather itself is pretty darn rugged.

cool man, ill look into that. thanks

Just some obligitory Tanner Goods info.

Our standard belt is made from 10 oz leather hides sourced right here in Oregon.

Ill throw up some more belt evo pics when I get a sec later today.

My eastern bloc has been getting some run as of late. Need to switch to the London tan soon tho...