Belts

cecil

• 2 months later...
Corter Natural Leather

worn 3-4 months

tanned a couple times for 5-6 hours with Obenaufs LP

DSC04229.jpg

Couldn't get mine that dark, nice. I gave up after the last few tanning sessions with no change between them.

dolce vita belt

IMG_0525.jpg

samurai belt

IMG_0526.jpg

both started out as sd colored belts did a couple of treatments

alittle more on the sams while less on the dolce vita's

both came out pretty well after a year or so

on a mildly related note,

how important do you guys think it is to match the color of your leather belt and leather shoes? I don't think it's terribly important, but I have a friend who thinks that they should match down to the grain of the leather. Personally I think casual belts work with casual shoes, and dressier belts work with dressier shoes, and the color of each is secondary to putting together a good overall outfit.

Your thoughts?

how important do you guys think it is to match the color of your leather belt and leather shoes? I don't think it's terribly important, but I have a friend who thinks that they should match down to the grain of the leather. Personally I think casual belts work with casual shoes, and dressier belts work with dressier shoes, and the color of each is secondary to putting together a good overall outfit.

Your thoughts?

...i would say that as long as you're not clashing with the colors that you're ok...

but personally (i think i have OCD) i like to match my shit as close as possible...

on a mildly related note,

Your thoughts?

not important at all for me when wearing casual wear, never match belt with shoe, most of the time, my shirt cover up the belt anyway...but for formal wear wear when the shirt was tuck in. I prefer the belt be at least similar tone as the shoe.

nice belt you make there, emmit

^agreeded...

I use to be a db and think shoes and belts had to match all the time. But I also wore abercrombie and sevens once upon a time. Now it's casual belt with casual shoes like you said. Now for formal dressy occasions l might pay a little more attention to it.

Sorry it's taken me forever to answer the questions above but I tanned it right away when I got it then a couple weeks later I got the LP, applied it and tanned again. Belt is about six months old now and has startedtaking on an awesome color, I'm very halt with it. I'll get some new pics up before winter.

what kind of belt is more versatile for "streetwear", a brown or a black belt?

i don't think that you always have to match your belt to your shoes... anyone else feel the same?

just bought a brown belt, anything i shouldn't/should wear with it?

X-Post

another one of my tanner belts probably 8 or 9 months wear. I am really hard on these things. i scratch the fuck out of the backs everytime from skateboarding

23w8rja.jpg

comparison shot

33di2oj.jpg

*actually this belt is only like 6 months old

samurai belt sizing at BiG

Hey Kids...

Still confused about Samurai belt sizing...

I'm a 34 waist in my jeans (i.e. PBJ xx-005 post wash) and was wondering what size I should get for the belt...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!