the I love 90's skateshoes thread

cheapmuthafukr

Man those SLB's make me cry.

I remember being 9 years old and reading CSS and TransWorld every month. I finally found an ad for Concrete Jungle (I don't know how I remember the name) and got my Mom to order me the Brown/Gum ones. To this day, those are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUUUUCK... Those Howards are NO JOKE!!

eS and DC PLEASE take notes.. Koston and Howard even though you're doing your Lakai thing PLEASE let them retro these.. Can someone PLEASE send them this link..

PRETTY PLEASE...

WITH SUGAR ON TOP..

oh ddamn

the eS site had this whole retrospective thing

im gonna see if i can find it.

Also, those dc's with the strap. so recognizable. i remember HUF wearing those for the longest. wish i had a scanner. for some reason this thread is bringing so many good memories back.

Also, those dc's with the strap. so recognizable. i remember HUF wearing those for the longest. wish i had a scanner. for some reason this thread is bringing so many good memories back.

every nyc pro was rockin the howard 2's w/the strap to death at the time, it didn't matter who their actual shoe sponsor was...i was living in Tucson at the time, and on a visit back home to Michigan checked out a Zoo demo...pretty much every last one of them dudes was rocking the 2's...

a friend got me into my first and only ASR show feb 98 in long beach...i walk up to the vert ramp area and there's Howard, decked out in fourstar, just towering over everybody...i look down at his feet and he had on the grey/orange samples w/the straps just busting out from his jeans...the combo of seeing this dude, who was an idol, plus the shoes...i was just like OH MY GOSH, fanning out in complete stunned silence haha...i had to wait soooo many months for those things to finally drop haha, sooo stoked when that ad (and subsequently the shoes) finally dropped