football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

only saw the first hour of valencia-chelsea, and valencia was a lot better......chelsea maybe tried to attack, but there whole game is based on a brilliant drogba moment or pure luck. but valencia is stupid to, defending that much, those 5 minutes they really tried, they completely ripped apart the chelsea defence. and especially the first chance, the morientes shot on the post, that was 6 defenders against villa and morientes. valencia, however much i don't like them, do have a great team, with highly skilled players and it's nice to watch their fast attacks. and the first chelsea goal was so much fucking luck again.....i hate that, no idea what they're doing but score all the same....

have yet to see man utd thnx to fucked up dutch television but can't wait!

only saw the first hour of valencia-chelsea, and valencia was a lot better......chelsea maybe tried to attack, but there whole game is based on a brilliant drogba moment or pure luck. but valencia is stupid to, defending that much, those 5 minutes they really tried, they completely ripped apart the chelsea defence. and especially the first chance, the morientes shot on the post, that was 6 defenders against villa and morientes. valencia, however much i don't like them, do have a great team, with highly skilled players and it's nice to watch their fast attacks. and the first chelsea goal was so much fucking luck again.....i hate that, no idea what they're doing but score all the same....

have yet to see man utd thnx to fucked up dutch television but can't wait!

reckon pool can boot them out the next round?

yeah, but then I would've said that a lot of teams would be able to beat chelsea based on how bad and with a complete lack of ideas they play, but they seem to get lucky every time.....

when someone gets "lucky every time" it's time to consider whether its luck or skill...:rolleyes:

look, i hate chelsea as much as the next guy, but sadly, when you assemble an all-star team, you don't have to play a brilliant tactical game. if you have enough superstars, you can sit back and wait for them to do something super. certainly doesn't mean you win championships, but it will get you through a team like valencia which just doesn't have the firepower to put them away, hopefully liverpool will.

• 2 weeks later...

End of the dutch leage was crazy. I've never seen anything like this before.

And now PSV is the champ again. Anybody who predicted that yesterday would've been laughed at.

I'm so bummed ajax didn't score one more goal..

Ah well, every champ is a deserved champ. Hopefully ajax will win at least the cupfinal.

best day ever in dutch league^

i wasn't able to watch it on tv, so me (psv fan) and some friends who support ajax and some friends who support az were listening to the radio during the matches, maaannn it's even 10 times more exciting when you can't see what's happening! and unbelievable that psv managed to get it, deserved though, ajax and az weren't nearly trying as hard, they were almost subdued it seemed by pressure....

Liverpool are underdogs again, which is perfectly fine with me. I don't think this will be similar to the 2005 final. Milan has to step up their attack cause LFC defense is playing very well lately. Kaka is very dangerous but you can be sure that Rafa will put one of the defensive players on him and make the game very difficult for him. I'm pretty excited, sorting out my travel plans as we speak and I just hope that nothing will come up at work that will keep me from going to Athens.

shit ... mu blew it today everybody play like shit except maybe scholes and rooney who look like they still want to try to win something. well at least it should be an interesting rematch in the final. im a fan of AC milan too especially for maldini gattuso and sheva so im on milan to win the champions league

• 3 weeks later...
Fuck Milan.

Fuck the rat opportunist bastard Inzaghi.

double fuck Milan

they just send a really good message to the kids out there

"match fixing will bring you championships"

the only consolation is that i didn't call off work to watch the game, i would have been so pissed...

i can actually really respect inzaghi, the guy has no talent whatsoever with a ball, yet he's so unbelievably good at picking the right times to go deep, and he touched the ball 2 maybe 3 times today, 2 goals, amazing. there's no luck involved here, or opportunist, it's class, he's been doing this his entire career.

and again, fuck managers who make me not want to watch soccer