football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Carragher was the LAST defender.

i half slept through the match after a long day so can't remember the incident - however there is no "last defender" provision in the fa laws. i believe this is covered under being denied a clear goal scoring opportunity which should govern the decision.

not to argue with the point that carragher is a snaky c**t or that beast's understanding of the game is more influenced by received wisdom than actually knowing what's going on

yeah it is part of the goal scoring opportunity, and is covered in the SENDING-OFF OFFENSES (pg.37 of the Referee Rules book).

• denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving

towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a

penalty kick

http://www.footballreferee.org/laws_game.php

When I took my ref's exam in yr9 I remember we were taught that if it is the last defender, then it's pretty much like a keeper taking down the attacker. Instant red.

yeah it is part of the goal scoring opportunity, and is covered in the SENDING-OFF OFFENSES (pg.37 of the Referee Rules book).

• denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving

towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a

penalty kick

http://www.footballreferee.org/laws_game.php

When I took my ref's exam in yr9 I remember we were taught that if it is the last defender, then it's pretty much like a keeper taking down the attacker. Instant red.

Hmm, I guess you are right and everyone else is wrong.

I recall SAF going on about the same thing you did and how Carra should get the red but he was slammed by the Refs association and columnist that he doesnt know the rules or he doesnt know what is talking about.

i half slept through the match after a long day so can't remember the incident - however there is no "last defender" provision in the fa laws. i believe this is covered under being denied a clear goal scoring opportunity which should govern the decision.

not to argue with the point that carragher is a snaky c**t or that beast's understanding of the game is more influenced by received wisdom than actually knowing what's going on

Yada Yada. What matters is that I am right. As usual.

and liverpool still suck.

Well, they do suck at times but Rafa took a gamble which didnt turn out that bad. He took out Nando and Benayouin and figured they have enough to win given how they dominated in the first half against Fulham. At the worse, it would be a draw.

As it turned out, they lost. But the other teams around them dropped points. So they are still in the running for a top 4 place.

But if they drop out of Champ League, then they got a big problem. And although Rafa wont admit it, I bet Champ League glory means more to him than the BPL, which he really wont win no matter what with his present team anyway.

^ fifa is good. supposedly there were a fair a number of glitches in the new one especially in manager mode but they already released a patch to fix it. which is impressive cause it seems like EA usually takes a while to do anything with fifa involving fixing,

As it turned out, they lost. But the other teams around them dropped points. So they are still in the running for a top 4 place.

Are you watcing the same season!??!?! Chelsea won, Man Utd won and oh yeah Arsenal won as well...........................

^woohoo arsenal! and hopefully man city are about to draw. guy from birmingham got knocked out and swallowed his tongue. when he came to he freakin out and rolling out trying to breath. pretty scary.

theyre were 8 red cards yesterday and now a birmingham player just got one too. damn 9 in one weekend.

Are you watcing the same season!??!?! Chelsea won, Man Utd won and oh yeah Arsenal won as well...........................

Spurs dropped points. Everton dropped points and Villa dropped points. Sunderland dropped points. And oh yeah City dropped points. Stay with the programme. Pool is not challenging for the title no more. Now, they have to ensure they will remain in the top 4 to go to Europe next season and to be specific for you, I mean Champs League not Europa League.

if you notice, the current top 4 lost only twice except for man city once.

pool, spurs, sunderland and everton have lost 5-6 times. they are totally out of the race for the champs league. pool doesn't stand a chance.

I don’t know how ‘scientific’ is your logic. I recall the champs and the other top 3 would lose plenty before getting into Europe (Champ League for 78 – wink!).

The problem with Pool is that no doubt Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U would drop points but Rafa would drop even more points. And the sadder thing is that while the Kop direct their anger at Hicks and Gillette, their rage should be directed against Rafa as well.

Anyway Sunderland has no chance of getting into Europe. If they get into Europa League, it will be like godamn chrismas for them. Pool still has a chance of making it 4th or their familiar 3rd. Provided Man City don’t open their money bags this January since their away form looks bad. Their plan of buying 10 strikers obviously failed. I bet they will aim to get a creative or attacking midfielder type since Ireland seems to have falter a bit. Would Hicks and Gillette say no to a 40 to 45 million quid bid for Stevie G?

The other reality is no one can get into Europe unless one of top 4 falter. From the looks of it, that will be Pool or Arsenal. Man City, Villa, Spurs, Everton and even Fulham would be in the running.

Lastly, this Super Sunday, I bet a draw or Chelsea to nick it. SAF in the past seems content with a draw at the Bridge.

pool, spurs, sunderland and everton have lost 5-6 times. they are totally out of the race for the champs league. pool doesn't stand a chance.

spurs have lost 4 times so far and only once where we had won the corresponding fixture last season. i doubt you could make any claim to us not making the champions league until december (where we face a run of fixtures we won last season) or february (lost last season).

Who watched Chelsea v Man U?

Jonny Evans’ kungfu kick was straight out of the Eric Cantona’s greatest hits playbook. The legend would have watched it with a tear in his eye and gulp in his throat.

If the angle was a bit off, he could have killed Drogba if he hit him in the throat or face. And Atkinson carding Drogs yellow should lead him reffing the Coca League for the next few months just like the ref who fumbled with the SOL beach ball.

^ yeah that was bullshit. terrible reffing. i wish united had gotten a draw. last 20 minutes were crazy. drogba fouled brown during the goal. and the whole evans carvalho incident late in the game. stupid.

check out how vicious these girls and how poor the reffing was:

UvEobeNfGcc

^ yeah that was bullshit. terrible reffing. i wish united had gotten a draw. last 20 minutes were crazy. drogba fouled brown during the goal. and the whole evans carvalho incident late in the game. stupid.

UvEobeNfGcc

I was hoping for either team to get 5 yellow cards and be slammed by the FA with another 25,000 quid fine for failing to keep their players under control.

Drogs may have fouled Brown by pulling him down but even if he did not, the ball would still have gone in. Felt some sympathy for Drogs for getting that yellow but his acting while kungfu kicked by Bruce Jonny Lee was hysterical.

His involuntary writhing of his legs like he swallowed his tongue matches his best Oscars moments of writhing around in pain when tackled in the box. Those must go into the Stamford Bridge Oscar moments together with that evening when Del Horno and Messi were rolling around in pain after making sure the ref was watching them.

Drogs should just lifted his shirt and show the ref Jonny's boot and his studs on his chest and ask the ref how he got it if Jonny did not do it.

UvEobeNfGcc

yes draw game and arsenal will be on par with chelsea if they win their next game. haha very nice.