football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

carragher shoulda been shown a red

Nope. The ball was moving away so the ref was right in not giving a red. Anyway. SAF got it wrong. Even if Carra got sent off, with 10 min to go, Man U may still be unable to score anything given how bad Man U was playing. You know you suck when Lucas is the star player. If Man U still sucks, maybe Man U’s position as 09/10 champs need to be adjusted to runners up but Pool would still not be champs.

^ also micheal owen was equally all over carragher so a red would have been harsh. united looked flat and we're getting swamped by pool. they never looked threatening. they will not win the league.

Hope springs eternal. Pool will have the same problems again and again. Arsenal has a weak belly and cannot stand rough-house tactics and Chelsea's lack of width, old age and lack of speed would do them in.

I would still rank Man U and Chelsea as champions and all 4 would make it to quarter finals of Champions league and 2 to 3 would make it to semis and possibly 1 would make it to the finals.

^ also micheal owen was equally all over carragher so a red would have been harsh. united looked flat and we're getting swamped by pool. they never looked threatening. they will not win the league.

Actually Carra as a defender is as dirty as it gets although Owen was probably equally guilty. Shirt pulling and fouling and professional fouis in the box aplenty.

JT does it plenty too with hand balls innocuously disguised as him falling down and hitting his side arm. Although JT has tone it down alot probably because he is England captain.

Both are losing speed. Carra was turned inside out by the West Ham kid, Hines' speed. JT without Makele have to resort to fouls and body blocks to stop others from speeding past him.

Rio's back injury has taken its toll and he is also not as fast anymore.

yeah. true, how do you think barca and real will fair in the champions league this year?

Real defensively is still shit and even Benzema is complaining they dont carry out what they practice. Barca? Well, no team has won Champs League 2 seasons in a row.

But if Robinho joins them? Hmm. And what Robinho wants, he gets. remember him allegedly crying when Real refused to release him to go to his dream team, Chelsea, I mean Man U, I mean Man City?

Anyway the English team would still do well and the English teams have shown they can counter Barca and no matter how good Barca is, it is a matter of time before someone figures how to counter them.

Was referring to the owen situation dear sir.i don't think owen was even challenging carra. he did what he was known best. running behind defenders.

Owen was also tugging at Cara and Cara said as much in his post match interview. It could have ended up with Owen carded or both cautioned. Anyway Owen aint have no legs to run behind defenders anymore.

still shoulda got a RED... last defender... attacked CLEARLY had an advantage taken from him and if you call that a legit 'fall' into a guy running away from you YOU sir deserve a penalty for knowing shit.

ha

CHELSEA'S GONNA WIN IT ALL.

Barca can get undone with physical play... a couple weeks ago they squeaked a 1-0 win over Almeria (?)... CL teams will take note of that.

true and real madrid got beaten by that team that i dont even remember the name of. but i didnt see who played for them. was it actually theyre normal squad or what?

juventus looks strong on paper this season and it seems their results have been pretty strong thus far. can mourniho come away with anything with inter this season?

1. How can it be an advantage when the ball was going away from goal and Carra and Owen were heading away from goal. Also, I think they were on the same line with the other Pool defenders. Therefore, I dont know if Carra is the last defender.

2. If African Nation Cup does not kill Chelsea, the swine flu will.

3. Barca has the majority of possession even when away. Also, European refs are stricter than the English and you may not be able to do rough house tactics on Barca like what the lower teams do on Arsenal.

true and real madrid got beaten by that team that i dont even remember the name of. but i didnt see who played for them. was it actually theyre normal squad or what?

juventus looks strong on paper this season and it seems their results have been pretty strong thus far. can mourniho come away with anything with inter this season?

Of course it wasnt their normal squad. It was a cup squad with Jerzey Dudek played as well as Raul who was subbed by Ruud. But if you take away the main core like Ronnie, Kaka, Raul, 2 Diarras, Iker, the likes of Pepe, Marcelo are crap.

They didnt lose the match because Pellegrini fielded B Team.

Real will likely win in the next leg at Bernabeau but Pellegrini should get the sack soon and Juande is now out of a job. He may get a call.

2. Inter to be Italian Champs. Serie A aint that good actually.

word. yeah i figured they didnt play their normal squad.

serie a has gone down the shits in recent years. inter and juve are the only exciting teams to watch. inter is usually hyped up every year to win the champions league and then fall in one of the early rounds.

gunners pool game today was fun to watch. merida's goal was class but insua's was better. the one good thing bendtner did turned into a goal. hopefully we can carry this result into the spurs game.

1. How can it be an advantage when the ball was going away from goal and Carra and Owen were heading away from goal. Also, I think they were on the same line with the other Pool defenders. Therefore, I dont know if Carra is the last defender.

Did you watch the game?? Away from goal??!?! Owen had dribbled the ball ahead of Carragher and was overtaking the ol' fella when Carragher did the "I'm too old to catch him I better fall into him" challenge... as for last defender, do you even know the rules? Do you know where the other defenders were? Do you really think they could have caught up with Owen from their positions? No. Carragher was the LAST defender.

2. If African Nation Cup does not kill Chelsea, the swine flu will.

Who got the Golden Boot last season? Sturridge is getting more mintues and playing well... and we can get back Di Santo, who if you're paying attention is doin very well for himself lately.

3. Barca has the majority of possession even when away. Also, European refs are stricter than the English and you may not be able to do rough house tactics on Barca like what the lower teams do on Arsenal.

When you say "European refs" I take you don't think the La Liga is part of Europe?? The example I gave of the undoing of Barca was against a SPANISH team. Did you watch the Barca/Valencia game??

Beast, you need to watch more games...

Did you watch the game?? Away from goal??!?! Owen had dribbled the ball ahead of Carragher and was overtaking the ol' fella when Carragher did the "I'm too old to catch him I better fall into him" challenge... as for last defender, do you even know the rules? Do you know where the other defenders were? Do you really think they could have caught up with Owen from their positions? No. Carragher was the LAST defender.

Who got the Golden Boot last season? Sturridge is getting more mintues and playing well... and we can get back Di Santo, who if you're paying attention is doin very well for himself lately.

When you say "European refs" I take you don't think the La Liga is part of Europe?? The example I gave of the undoing of Barca was against a SPANISH team. Did you watch the Barca/Valencia game??

Beast, you need to watch more games...

Whatever, the ball was heading towards the left side of the goal.

Carra probably did it for the reasons you said but Owen probably crash into him as well. Owen aint no spring chicken you know.

Anelka was the golden boot at a grand total of 19 goals. I think if you are a golden boot, you should get 20 goals. Ronnie lost by 1 goal given how he was injured/rested/sub last season. If not, he should get golden boot easy.

So what if Sturridge is playing more minutes. How many league goals did he score or he will score for Chelsea? What about Di Santo? Or Sahar? Or Sinclair?

How many goals Di Santo scored for Blackburn? Wasn’t it against the team Blackburn annihilated and his goals don’t make a difference?

How many goals do you think they will score? How many goals have they scored? Why don’t you ask Carlton how many goals he score for Chelsea taking into account the time he played for them. Or you can ask Kalou. Who scored when he played as Chelsea B Team against Athletico and Bolton but probably wont even start or be sub against Bolton this weekend unless Chelsea is leading 100 – 0. If even a somewhat regular scorer like Kalou gets little chance, how much chance will Sturridge or that Italian kid get when they don’t score? I recall other teams allow their B team players to get 1st team chance when they perform well. But Kalou didnt start against Blackburn, he wasnt' even sub against Blackburn as his reward. Carlo didnt even look to him when they were trailing Villa.

You cant honestly think Carlo will rely on them to get him the goals or that they will get the goals. I wont be surprised during ANC, Anelka will play infront with 2 wingers (Cole, Malouda or Zhirkov) in a 4-5-1.

Compare them to Macheda or Rossi or Campbell or Wellbeck. Not to mention Wenger’s never ending conveyor belt of young strikers.

word. yeah i figured they didnt play their normal squad.

serie a has gone down the shits in recent years. inter and juve are the only exciting teams to watch. inter is usually hyped up every year to win the champions league and then fall in one of the early rounds.

gunners pool game today was fun to watch. merida's goal was class but insua's was better. the one good thing bendtner did turned into a goal. hopefully we can carry this result into the spurs game.

yes i do hope that they will do better. no more late goal disappointment please.

Guest umhaha84

anyone play videogame here? talkin about fifa or PES.

what do you prefer?

i've been a die hard fan of PES but lately I read so many good things about FIFA, are the reviewers paid off??

ive played fifa for a long time and the new one is really good. theyre all pretty much the same every year but this year they definitely enhanced the game play. it's much smoother and the players reaction are more real.

i played the pes demo last year and didn't like it compared to fifa. it kinda made me want to throw up.

you should definitely check out fifa though at least rent it.

Guest umhaha84

^lol

pes09 was considered failure, even the developer admitted fifa was better last year. think i'm gonna give it a try. I doubt I'll switch over, but pes sux balls if you wanna play online.