football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

I fucking hate it when a Referee decides he's the center of attention. Please just let the game be decided by the players not the god damn officials. I wonder how much Platini and Blatter forked out to the ref to fix it so United went out? The ref also blew a penalty on Ramos there at the end. Oh well, I'll root for CR7 to win it now. Then he'll come back to United and win it again with them.

fucking dumbass turkish ref wins the game for real madrid.

my bad, meant to give positive rep. Mourinho was honest when he said the better team list tonight. United have a right to feel aggrieved and yet period of their performance

8535242657_aeff58daa1_o.gif

As a neutral watching the game, I guess I was a little bit more in favour of Madrid to win it. Good for them. That being said, I feel the weirdest desire for CR7 to go back to United. Not saying he doesn't love Real, but if he wins the Champs League, why not go back to United? I dunno. Plus, the front three of Ronaldo, Rooney and Robin would be terrifying.

Suprise, suprise, after the early goal it almost was inevitable they would end up going through. I watched the Schalke vs Galatasaray match which was really good.

TBH, sometimes I avoid watching Barca matches- I did catch the second half today. But, as they're so dominant in possesion it can be slightly tedious the way in which they suffocate matches, tactically amazing, but from an enjoyment stand point.. a bit tedious.

Am I alone? If your a Barca fan then watching them week in, week out would be fantastic..

EDit: I was meaning to ask, what do you Americans think of Gus Johnson? I live in Canada so I obviously don't get American streams and I have never heard a match commentated by him. But honestly, whenever I hear an American (with a very American accent) commentating/ analyzing I cringe slightly.

Edited by joeyod007

I felt like that watching Spain in the last Euros, especially because they didn't play a real striker like Villa.

That said, I think Barca have enough variability and individual talent to keep it interesting. I just finished watching the Milan match and it was gripping stuff, although partly due to the appaling defending form Barca.

EDit: I was meaning to ask, what do you Americans think of Gus Johnson? I live in Canada so I obviously don't get American streams and I have never heard a match commentated by him. But honestly, whenever I hear an American (with a very American accent) commentating/ analyzing I cringe slightly.

don't know who that is, but i generally think american commentators are terrible and can't stand them. like rob stone and julie fowdy. they just make me angry. i grew up watching the english league, with british commentators and so i'm used to and prefer that style.

^ ya, me to.

I dont know much about gus johnson, but I think hes one of those commentators whose worked on every other sport before moving to football commentating. so his mannerisms and references aren't particularly football related, if you know what i mean.

this is a joke video, but you kinda get the idea..

Edited by joeyod007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh no! definetly have done the same thing before though, haha. i watched the dortmund malaga match, but at about the 60th minute mark i switched over to the madrid game and saw the score was 3-1! if ronaldo had not scored that away goal, would have been really interesting as well. i suppose it finished 3-2 in the end though.

• 2 weeks later...