football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

I don't want Suarez to leave Liverpool, but it's becoming more apparent that he's simply playing better football than everyone around him. I know, new system under Rodgers, and the team is chock full of kids, but he's mercurial. Hopefully Sturridge can provide some more attacking power.

yea suarez won't be leaving soon if i were to guess. i just wonder why liverpool keep mucking around signing players with no proven ability. signing suso for a few years, sahin, assaidi, borini. none of these players look likely to amount to much. sterling is by far their best product. now they bring in sturridge who has had a few decent games for chelsea, with some of the best players in the world playing him the ball. you'd think liverpool would have the financial backing to make a real purchase.

i watch epl mainly but the fuck is this shit

transfer window open. time to spice things up.

really wanna see falcao come to england. it's so useless to play in la liga and not play for barca or real. same with cavani. he needs to leave.

espically know with chamakh moving to west ham, and gervinho off to the african cup of nations. idk though, i have a feeling he'll stay, but will be interesting none the less. there also been talk about adrian from athletico madrid moving to arsenal.

rewatch haha 98/99 - 2nd leg

51KJSXPJRTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

yea suarez won't be leaving soon if i were to guess. i just wonder why liverpool keep mucking around signing players with no proven ability. signing suso for a few years, sahin, assaidi, borini. none of these players look likely to amount to much. sterling is by far their best product. now they bring in sturridge who has had a few decent games for chelsea, with some of the best players in the world playing him the ball. you'd think liverpool would have the financial backing to make a real purchase.

Suarez has repeatedly stated his allegiance to the club, I just hope the club can keep up with him.

I don't know about 'no proven ability'. Sahin was voted best player in the Bundesliga for the 2011 season, though his disappearance after a broken nose is worrying. The other two? Actually, yeah - Unproven may be the word. Keep their age in mind, however. Sterling is definitely a gem though.

I'm very confident in Sturridge after his debut (his finishing could have been more clinical though, and he could have had three in 20 minutes instead of just one), and I think that Liverpool is definitely investing in the future - Sturridge is still young himself. I don't think that saying that these players aren't 'real purchases' is entirely correct, I think that the club is banking on growth and improvement rather than instant gratification.

I'm also curious o see where David Villa will end up. Arsenal could need someone up front?

Villa's cool but I want someone younger. I don't see why Arsenal weren't going for Remy, seems like the exact type Arsenal would go for. I guess Newcastle is the new Arsenal these days in terms of French players though.

I'm very confident in Sturridge after his debut (his finishing could have been more clinical though, and he could have had three in 20 minutes instead of just one), and I think that Liverpool is definitely investing in the future - Sturridge is still young himself. I don't think that saying that these players aren't 'real purchases' is entirely correct, I think that the club is banking on growth and improvement rather than instant gratification.

Remember Mansfield are in the Blue Square. He won't be playing against defenders at that level ever.

Whats your guys take on the FIFA Team of the Year?

What jumped out to me was Gerard Piques inclusion, apart from the European Championships, he had a poor season. Due to a mix of poor form and injuries he started just 17 times in the La Liga, completing the full 90 on only 13 occasions. Come on, Giorgio Chiellini's Juventus went unbeaten throughout the whole season, while making it to the final of Euros.

Edited by joeyod007

would of loved to see pirlo in, but... its FIFA, what do you expect.

just reading an article now who are critical of Dani Alves inclusion.

"Statistics from Barcelona's La Liga campaign sum up Alves' minimal impact. Alba has contributed two goals and four assists from 15 starts, Adriano has scored five times from nine starts and even Montoya has provided two assists from four starts. Alves has begun 10 matches, yet hasn't directly contributed to a single Barcelona goal." - - (the stats are from 12/13 season so-far.)

But compared that to the season of Philip Lahm, who captained Bayern to the CL finals, and Germany to the Semis. Whereas Barca and Alves, who yes, play beautiful football, didn't win one award apart from the CWC.

Edited by joeyod007

classy move. naturally filling in the vacancy as opposed to displacing some poor gaffa.

it's like a big f u to the trigger happy oil/airline tycoons.