football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope they pass on Reddknap..Maybe Louis van Gaal??

He is free and a whip over those pretty boy guys would sharpen up the spirits and show some proper footie

Any thoughts on the Suarez incident?? Looks to me that Evra was hesitant to say the least to shake his hand , even dropping it a bit.

Think Luis thought f**k it then ..

Then the celebration dance in front of Suarez, Fergusson should have smacked the kid in the head for behaving even worse...

• 2 weeks later...

anyone else watching europa league today? Legia Warsaw (fuck 5.0 for not allowing me to capitalise) is my club. i'm super hyped despite the odds, and I hope for two things today: 1. amazing determination on the team's part and a good result 2. not getting a fucking heart attack

edit: well fuckkkk

Edited by fruitbrute

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think that we can now say, without regard for the eventual champions, cup winners, or those who finish in the European qualification places, that Wigan Athletic FC are this Premier League season's true winners. They are a team that has single-mindedly made the determination that they weren't going to be relegated, all the while showing a passion for the game and commendable joie de vivre in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds, I tip my hat to their admirable endeavor. For all this season's unsavory stories, tales of poor officiating, disgusting racism, unsportsmanlike behavior, and shameful acts from supporters, it is teams like Wigan that make following this game worthwhile. And should they somehow manage to fail to beat the drop from their current place of apparent safety, they can leave the Premier League with their heads held high, having at times outclassed some of the best teams in the world. Thank you Wigan, you are an inspiration.

overall good match, wasn't as dirty/violent as previous ones

looks like mourinho remembered his chelsea days,

Xavi should've scored his chance, also Tello needs to flee catalunya tonight.

Edited by OTL

The Barcelona goal was pretty crazy. Three shots before Alexis somehow got it in? Casillas is ridiculous.

While I wanted Barcelona to win and am a huge fan, Madrid was playing so well today that I'm okay with them winning.