football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

well germany are asleep... and should be playing with 10 men.

and the american commentating team are being really really sympathetic to the boos suarez is getting, as if every professional player would have done that in the same position. nevermind that his own comments after the fact make him completely insane.

and what's up with the kids that are supposed to give the player a new ball when it goes out of play? little shits have been sleeping the whole tournament and by the time they wake up to give out another ball, the one that flew into the stands has already made it's way back onto the field.

and the american commentating team are being really really sympathetic to the boos suarez is getting, as if every professional player would have done that in the same position. nevermind that his own comments after the fact make him completely insane.

probably every professional player would have. them's the rules, if you don't like them then they should be changed. professional foul is just a nice way of saying deliberate cheating.

yeah his post match comments didn't help but he probably did think it was ordained

michael bolton on uruguay has been my favorite player in the world cup. tough break on that final shot of the match

LOL @ Bolton

but definitely agree, Forlan has been solid as hell. I would have liked to have seen that shot go in / extra time. just purely for the entertainment value.

I'm starting out fairly indifferent for the match. But, I really hope neither david villa nor sneijder score - it would be great to see Forlan win at least a share of the Golden Boot because we know Fifa won't give the Golden Ball to a player not in the final.

I'm starting out fairly indifferent for the match. But, I really hope neither david villa nor sneijder score - it would be great to see Forlan win at least a share of the Golden Boot because we know Fifa won't give the Golden Ball to a player not in the final.

Agreed! Respect for the man!

holland's dirty playing has been disapointing to see. not that spain has been angelic, but come on.

Spain had to play tough too otherwise they'd get trampled... they usually play fair against fair teams like last game against Germany...