football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

bendtner is certainly is an oddity - an almost anachronistically limited striker in a team that depends on a system of play. also he has very little upside so it's unlikely he'll go before wenger deems him surplus.

i personally don't rate him - i mean he's probably better than crouchy but what is that really saying?

i'm not sure how drogba is difficult to manage but rooney is a choir boy? esp after all that "he wears his heart on his sleeve" talk from last week

Rooney's certainly a lot more temperate than he used to be, only had a small handful of bookings this season compared to the double digits he normally racks up. He's also different from Drogba in the sense that he was able to cope with playing second fiddle to Ronaldo with good grace and professionalism, while Drogba never showed a similar attitude when Scolari didn't give him the precedence he'd been used to under Mourinho. But I never said they were identical characters, just that they both exhibit an infectiously passionate love of playing football.

Rooney's certainly a lot more temperate than he used to be, only had a small handful of bookings this season compared to the double digits he normally racks up. He's also different from Drogba in the sense that he was able to cope with playing second fiddle to Ronaldo with good grace and professionalism, while Drogba never showed a similar attitude when Scolari didn't give him the precedence he'd been used to under Mourinho. But I never said they were identical characters, just that they both exhibit an infectiously passionate love of playing football.

right, which is just really a roundabout way of saying that scolari was a lousy man manager.

drogba can be nasty on the pitch but you never heard of him getting charged with assault

love you everton; city and villa dropping points, glorious.

so they join the quest for 4th (look at their fixtures, give your wallets to your bookie). I can't wait to see the highlights of mancini and moyes getting sent off haha; he's a better manager than hughes apparently :rolleyes:

and chelsea's win was far more than just the 3 points, they've levelled man u's goal difference as it seems it may come down to that possibly..

greatest season ever.

if we finish 4th and win the fa cup, i'm posting a nude waywt btw.

Man U should still make it to the semis. They just need 1 goal lead in OT and they are through. The French teams should be cannon fodder for them so they would likely go to their third final in a row which will be a record and Fergie has another chance to correct his tactical errors last season against Barca.

Fergie will win his 3rd Champs League medal if Arsenal, CSKA or Inter goes to the finals. Can't imagine what C Ron will think when they lift their Euro medal in Bernabeau. Probably realised he should stay if he wants another Euro medal.

Man U should have enough to win BPL even without Bobby. They just need to draw with Chel at OT which should be easy, even with Owen as the sole striker.

IMO Utd's EPL and CL title chances ride on Rooney being fit. Not saying they don't have any real fire power but the bloke's been in ridiculous form and winning games for them like no one else this season.

Chelsea will be fired up for the game on the weekend, they know this is a must win and most likely the game that could turn the odds for the title in their favour.

Likewise with Bayern, surely they'd be favourites to progress if Rooney is gone and Robben is fit?

IMO Utd's EPL and CL title chances ride on Rooney being fit. Not saying they don't have any real fire power but the bloke's been in ridiculous form and winning games for them like no one else this season.

Chelsea will be fired up for the game on the weekend, they know this is a must win and most likely the game that could turn the odds for the title in their favour.

Likewise with Bayern, surely they'd be favourites to progress if Rooney is gone and Robben is fit?

Chel will have to chase the game, Man U need not. Even with a draw, Man U will still be 2 points ahead of Arsene even if he wins and Arsene, after getting hammered by Barca, may not even win this weekend but probably will. Gunners under 12 can beat Mick's 1st team Wolves at the Emirates anytime.

Normally, teams after an away Euro game will drop points but SAF will just sit back and send Park, Nani and Valencia on the counter-attack and even a dummy cardboard cut-out of Bobby can tap the ball in from one of their crosses.

I predict Man U not to lose. Chel will drop points in OT, the former 3 Points Lane and the KOP. Chel to come in 2nd and Man U will be BPL champs for 4 times in a row. Think thats a first for SAF as well. Yay.

stylistically, they both play the same and that's gonna be arsenal's downfall. barca are obviously far superior at every position. although i'm a madridista, barca win 8 out of 10 times and thus should progress.