football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

they never should've gotten rid of sir bobby, imo. kind of disappointing, but not really suprising when you look at the last few managers they've had (sounness? wtf? he gets respect for tackling yorke in training though). i wish they could've gotten o'neil back then. it's interesting to wonder how they would be doing if they had eriksson too. anyway it's depressing as fuck, although it's better than being a yid. well no, not really. :(

allardyce's style is too boring though! having a poor defense is okay as long as you can compensate. :D

I'm a Liverpool supporter, you don't have to tell me about boring :D

At the end who cares as long as you win. I wonder who will take over for him. Though times for Geordies.

1. so how many goals did henry score in those CL and FA cup finals? i'll give you a hint - it rhymes with "hero." the best of the best turn it on for big games, just ask landon donovan

2. so berbs should leave spurs (because they're not big enough, according to you) and go to man city? because they've had so much more of a storied past? because we're not willing to spend enough (17 million on a fourth striker doesn't mean we have money to throw away)? because he's a big fish in a small pond (elano will be gone within a year and a half and then where will man city be)?

3. however well carrick is doing at man utd (and he did plenty well), the fact is we sold the lynchpin of our team to another english club. and we should learn from that mistake. if you've ever seen carrick play in person (not on tv) you would realize how good he actually is & if you saw the woefully crap performances we put on the first half of last season you would know how much we missed him.

4. lucking into fourth place (which everton did, and spurs almost did) isn't good enough. you have to make it to at least the group stages of the CL (at least) when you do get there and qualify again the next year to ensure a steady stream of the big CL tv money (just ask leeds). to do that you have to have a strong enough squad to mount a successful european campaign as well as not dropping points domestically. name one team outside the top 4 that has a shot at doing that given their current squad besides spurs. how many teams have successively finished 5th in the premiership?

5. who cares about bolton, really

no need to reply on the board, i'm sure everyone else is as bored of this as i am. you can pm me if you're bothered

1. Henry did play in Champs League finals 2 seasons ago and countless FA Cup finals. He may be bad for the youngster's growth in one way but his quality is there.

2. Thaksin spent 50 million pounds during last transfer window. He is also willing to spend where it is needed. He got one of the most important buys - Sven. If Newcastle got him instead of Big Sam, would they be in such shits? Sven brought in Petrov and Elano. Great buys. Sam brought in who? Geremi? Viduka? Capaca? I heard Thaksin is willing to fork out another 50 million this window. Who will Sven get? Crouch? Adriano? Defoe?

3. Carrick aint doing well in Man U. He would be relegated to a squad player next to Park and O'Shea and Saha in the bench soon. Anderson and Hargreaves and Scholes and Giggsy will be Fergie's go to guys in midfield. Good thing is Ronaldo seems to be converted into an advance position, so 1 more slot in midfield or winger to be filled.

4. In order to crack the top 4, you have to basically wait for one of the top 4 to crack. Thats what happened to Liverpool when Rafa took over and Everton got in. Spurs almost got in thanks to Jol if not for that tainted lasagna? at West Ham and Arsenal's sputtering form.

As it is, the top 4 spends too much and have too good a quality of players to fall outside top 4. But Moyes have shown as long as you have consistency, you can make it.

Its doubtful Spurs can crack top 4 this season since they dropped too many points. Unlikely next season unless Ramos has free rein but Ramos shows his success in cup runs and not La Liga positioning.

5. Bolton probably wont be relegated this season considering how badly others are playing.

I think they should've kept Big Sam. It's too early, if he's capable to get into Europe with Bolton he would do it with the barcodes as well. People are stupid to expect results after 6months/1 season.

dude, newcastle is a BIG CLUB. they even have a beer named after them.

though i am a bit confused as to why the the geordies would criticize fat sam for playing boring football... um, hello? fa ducked a bullet with that one, what with the bungs and all.

instead of getting rid of sam, they should have got rid of owen. what the hell has he done in the last 10 years except being consistently hurt. and they still want him to play for england? martins is 10 times faster and better, but they'll still bring in owen just in time for him to screw things up.

Good, fuck that fat cunt. Now let's see Shearer take over, punch Barton in training and get them relegated :D

What you say is probably true. Shearer leading Geordies to glory is as likely as Cantona replacing Fergie tomorrow and winning the treble. No idea why Sam bought Barton in place of Parker.

instead of getting rid of sam, they should have got rid of owen. what the hell has he done in the last 10 years except being consistently hurt. and they still want him to play for england? martins is 10 times faster and better, but they'll still bring in owen just in time for him to screw things up.

Owen? Not only will they keep him, I bet they will make a play for Heskey to pair up with Owen considering how well they played together recently for England. Viduka although looking just as beefy as Heskey still cant link with Owen good enough.

I think they should've kept Big Sam. It's too early, if he's capable to get into Europe with Bolton he would do it with the barcodes as well. People are stupid to expect results after 6months/1 season.

The problem is that there is no progression. We dont see Newcastle going nowhere. There is no shape and form to them. Alan Smith sucks under Sam. Sam dont know what to do when team is trailing.

Now its even worse, because the ship has no bloody rudder and they have no one lined up to take over from Sam before sacking him.

Now Spurs are having their own clearance sale with Robinson, Lee, Pascal to go.

Hey, why isnt Kaboul on the list?

The rumour is Defoe and Bent are getting the sack because Berbs think they are beneath him. Haha.

Too bad young Theo scored the equaliser last night. But with an away goal in the bag, Spurs can still proceed in the Carling Cup, which could be their only chance for glory this season since their next FA Cup tie is Man U at Old Trafford.

1. so how many goals did henry score in those CL and FA cup finals? i'll give you a hint - it rhymes with "hero." the best of the best turn it on for big games, just ask landon donovan

2. so berbs should leave spurs (because they're not big enough, according to you) and go to man city? because they've had so much more of a storied past? because we're not willing to spend enough (17 million on a fourth striker doesn't mean we have money to throw away)? because he's a big fish in a small pond (elano will be gone within a year and a half and then where will man city be)?

3. however well carrick is doing at man utd (and he did plenty well), the fact is we sold the lynchpin of our team to another english club. and we should learn from that mistake. if you've ever seen carrick play in person (not on tv) you would realize how good he actually is & if you saw the woefully crap performances we put on the first half of last season you would know how much we missed him.

4. lucking into fourth place (which everton did, and spurs almost did) isn't good enough. you have to make it to at least the group stages of the CL (at least) when you do get there and qualify again the next year to ensure a steady stream of the big CL tv money (just ask leeds). to do that you have to have a strong enough squad to mount a successful european campaign as well as not dropping points domestically. name one team outside the top 4 that has a shot at doing that given their current squad besides spurs. how many teams have successively finished 5th in the premiership?

5. who cares about bolton, really

no need to reply on the board, i'm sure everyone else is as bored of this as i am. you can pm me if you're bothered

I'm a Liverpool supporter, you don't have to tell me about boring :D

At the end who cares as long as you win. I wonder who will take over for him. Though times for Geordies.

True true. Its OK as long as you are not Real or Abramovich. Who cares if you grind out 1-0 wins all the time with play enough to send fans into comas. What matters is the points and the trophies.

source is whatever stupid transfer gossip column you choose to believe in since the information comes from the friend of gus poyet's uncle's hairdresser. ramos has no influence on the signings, but berbs does? ridiculous.

btw away goals don't count for anything in the league cup, if you watched the same semi fixtures last year you would know this. coventry didn't fear old trafford and neither do i, but first things first.

Wait. . . Landon Donovan? Best Of the Best? The same Landon Donovan who couldn't hack it in Germany. Best of the best hahaha:rolleyes:

source is whatever stupid transfer gossip column you choose to believe in since the information comes from the friend of gus poyet's uncle's hairdresser. ramos has no influence on the signings, but berbs does? ridiculous.

btw away goals don't count for anything in the league cup, if you watched the same semi fixtures last year you would know this. coventry didn't fear old trafford and neither do i, but first things first.

2 Seasons agio, Wigan beat Arsenal by away goals. They were so inexperienced they didnt realised they got through. I cant remember the last time Spurs beat United especially in Old Trafford.

ramos has no influence on the signings, but berbs does? ridiculous.

The fact is that Ramos was asked about Spurs bringing in Hutton and he dont even have zero clue on a transfer that was already in negotiations. That shows he knows nothing about it. As a manager, he should at least be consulted on which defender is needed.

As for Berbs, as a star they are desperate to keep, it is not surprising if they bend over backwards to cater to him.

I dont think the rumours are true because Defoe and Bent dont suck as bad as that. But overall quality is poor. Whether this would result in a clear out of Spurs solely because of Berb's moaning is likely.

beast - i'm done with you - you're not even consistent in logic from post to post, do you even read what i'm actually saying much less think about it?

mag - it's probably the fact we have a sizeable following and therefore sell papers. plus we have money to burn and everyone knows it.

leumas - i suppose being a northern pikey you have no sense of humor or irony

:D :D :D

it's finally getting like a real footie forum here

I think few more loses and Ramos will get pissed. He's going to start benching people, selling whatever he can and rebuilding his squad. If the board doesn't listen to him than the club won't move anywhere. Simple as that. Results don't come immediately unless you spend like Chelsea.

:D :D :D

it's finally getting like a real footie forum here

I think few more loses and Ramos will get pissed. He's going to start benching people, selling whatever he can and rebuilding his squad. If the board doesn't listen to him than the club won't move anywhere. Simple as that. Results don't come immediately unless you spend like Chelsea.

He has already started benching players, Robinson was dropped for the arse game and apparently 8 players are on there way out. Defoe has been told he can leave.

He has already started benching players, Robinson was dropped for the arse game and apparently 8 players are on there way out. Defoe has been told he can leave.

About time to bench Robo but that was only a cup game, now do it in premierleague. Defoe is told every season he can leave and somehow he's still there, lower the price and sell him to Villa, he just takes up space on the bench.

About time to bench Robo but that was only a cup game, now do it in premierleague. Defoe is told every season he can leave and somehow he's still there, lower the price and sell him to Villa, he just takes up space on the bench.

unlike jol, ramos has the stones to make changes like benching robbo.

defoe was never told by jol he can go; i don't think he wants to leave (anymore than carrick did) and we will miss him a lot when he does. at any rate it would be stupid to sell him in january, surely we remember the kanoute/rasiak (aka mongo) debacle? to the extent that we have done well this season, it's largely due to the quality of strikers we have on the bench - i can't think of any english club that has a better set of four. four 20-30 goals/season strikers who are proven as such in the premiership, what more can you ask for as a club in our position?