football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

i will join!

but there is an existing one btw

907595-221884

• 2 weeks later...

So glad football is back. Even though I'm a United supporter, I honestly can't see anyone but Chelsea winning it again. Unless they lose the plot and City remember they are a team and need to play like one consistently to win anything. It will most likely be a closer race this year than last but Chelsea are just so well disciplined that to me it's their's to lose.

well, mourinho is going to focus on the champions league this year. he sucks at rotation so i do not think chelsea have the league locked. if arsenal gets a proper forward instead of depending on giroud i think they might be able to win it.

join the sufu league at fantasy.premierleague.com. code is 907595-221884!

Also a Gooner so obviously biased ;) I kind of agree that Chelsea are the team to beat, but I also think their squad is really thin so lengthily absences from Costa and / or issue with their central defenders could cost them dearly. The jury is still out, but it doesn't look good for Falcao (I personally think he will never get back to his peak as he has been diminished by the knee injury) and let's not forget Terry is 35 here, playing every regular season's game like he did last year is pretty spectacular at his age and won't happen this season. They're also a bunch of cunts.

Arsenal got the best squad since the Invincibles, lots of depth which is something we haven't been use to seeing these last few years. Obviously a Benzema / Lewandowski would be a welcome addition, but it's not looking like it will happen. Depending on how effective Giroud / Walcott are as well as our injury record (which again is not looking good for Jack, long-term injury to Coq would be a disaster), I think we have what it takes to really push for the title. Still can't believe Chelsea let us sign Cech, really think (hope) it will come back to bite them. 

Man Utd, i am not too sure what to make of them. With the money they've spent and the squad they have, they ought to be pushing for the title as well, but there's still some obvious gap in their squad (striker probably keeper too) and I am not sure LVG has really found his winning formula yet so perhaps he'll continue to thinker with the squad and formations and improve on last season with a 3rd place finish, but I don't see them winning the league just yet.

Man City, it will all depend on the form of Kompany, Yaya Toure and Aguero IMO. Aguero was the only one of the 3 to have a good season last year so we will see if the others can bounce back. 

Liverpool (finally) did some smart shopping so I think they really have an improved squad (even with the departure of Sterling), but I just don't think it's good enough for a top 4 finish.

Altogether, could not be happier football is back!!!

Oh wow, didn't notice the other league. Looking forward to the season. Is the sufu one pay to play? If so let me know and I'll Paypal the appropriate individuals. Good luck everyone! Looking forward to an exciting season.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder if Vardy is gonna be a one season wonder. Leicester's defense is genuinely pretty good (physical). Mahrez is only 24, from watching the games I think he's just a player that was slept on (I think Marseille or Lyon turned down a deal with him earlier?) and actually has a future 

Also wonder whether Vardy's performance level will last, I do hope so for him, but I think it's a bit doubtful. the most he has scored in the last 3 seasons is 16 and that was in the Championship. 

Agreed about Mahrez, I think it will become a top player. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves to a bigger club next summer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lol

If you're referring to Portugal winning the Euro Cup.. i have mixed feelings about it, but it was fun watching even though it was a fairly eventless game.

Edited by kiya