football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Praying West Ham draw Spurs at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup. Couldn't get a ticket for last night, but was there for the 0-3 to see Allardyce hammer the first nail into AvB's coffin. Very rare we get one over this lot, so to do it twice in one season at their place is amazing.

They make some baffling decisions with managers. Martin Jol gets them to 5th - sacked. Redknapp gets them to 4th - sacked. And now AvB. 

Personally, I wish nothing but misfortune on Daniel Levy.

AVB took Tottenham to their highest ever points total in a Premier League season. He has the best win ratio of a Spur manager. Claims of his poor management skills ignore Bale and other players running to hug him after scoring goals last season. He is not merely a lucky manager and he's not half bad a that. For all the poor results so far they are still within reach of 4th (and in a higher position than Man Utd). It's ridiculous that Levy was so quick to fire him especially with no proper replacement readily available.

Well, it sure makes the Premier League race even more entertaining so thanks to Spurs management for that.

bale took tottenham to their highest ever points total.

Praying West Ham draw Spurs at White Hart Lane in the FA Cup. Couldn't get a ticket for last night, but was there for the 0-3 to see Allardyce hammer the first nail into AvB's coffin. Very rare we get one over this lot, so to do it twice in one season at their place is amazing.

They make some baffling decisions with managers. Martin Jol gets them to 5th - sacked. Redknapp gets them to 4th - sacked. And now AvB. 

Personally, I wish nothing but misfortune on Daniel Levy.

speaking of arry i just read this http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/05/harry-redknapp-played-fan-west-ham

everyone know this story prob but :'-)

was capoue positioning supposed to be like javi garcia positioning (cleaning up after advancing mid?) i know injury n avb likes his lebron hairline 4back but just for sake of productive discussion :-)

capoue was playing at center half, and was at fault for at least two of liverpool's goals, as jan vertonghen, younes kaboul, and v. chiriches were all injured. also kyle naughton a right back played on the left.. it was a mess.

this is pretty funny.. 

Leonardo da Vinci, Albert Einstein and Nikola Tesla were all very smart men. They're also all dead. So that means Andre Villas-Boas is the smartest man alive. That doesn't make him the greatest football manager ever, but by getting sacked when he's gotten sacked, he's proven to be the most brilliant.

The only thing better than getting paid to work in football is getting paid not to work at all. At 36 years old, Villas-Boas has already mastered this. He was given £12 million to stop working at Chelsea after just eight months on the job and now, less than two years later, he's getting £4 million to stop working at Spurs. Both of those were very well negotiated three-year contracts and he's only had to do a total of 13 months work between the two jobs before getting his payoffs, allowing him to spend the rest of the time with his family and do things that are actually important while still maintaining a handsome income. And since both of those jobs were in the same city, he didn't even have to travel much to collect all this money. Genius.

i thought he was released by mutual consent, though? so he wouldn't have been paid to leave tottenham

Edited by joeyod007

joey i already knew fhat. i was talking about the type of center back he was assigned to play as. did i not say i already knew about the injuries (and even if i did not say that i can certainly read and recall who the center backs were from a standard match report).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fuckin dumbasses thought it was a rugby game or something cause they stopped playing just after 80 minutes. and why the hell is moyes using tactics from 1999? they don't have someone like beckham, who could actually pick people out with crosses, and they don't have anyone like dwight yorke, who could actually head the ball. they just kept sending one aimless inaccurate cross after another into a penalty box full of 6-8 defenders.

Was hoping Manchester United would win that and keep Fulham at the bottom, to be honest.

I think it'll finish

1 City

2 Chelsea

3 Arsenal

4 Liverpool

18 Sunderland

19 Fulham

20 Cardiff

West Ham have a lot of players coming back so I'm reasonably confident we can finish just above the bottom three. Really hope Fulham go. A nothing club with dull fans. Add nothing. Nice away day though.

At the start of the season I thought the 3 teams who came up to go back down, so apart from Cardiff they've done well. But I think your right with;

18 Sunderland

19 Fulham

20 Cardiff

I’ve really enjoyed watching Man U having a hard season and its also nice to see some mid table teams pushing up the league, its better for the spectator.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Man U having a hard season and its also nice to see some mid table teams pushing up the league, its better for the spectator.

I don't take a lot of pleasure from seeing any teams apart from Millwall and Spurs do badly, but after dominating for so long, it is nice to see Manchester United slip up finally.

Speaks volumes about the amount of pressure he's under. Not to mention Rooney losing his shit after Carrick's goal https://vine.co/v/MWJ1PJAPt5t

With United out of the running for anything worth a shit, I'm looking to the Cardiff relegation battle to keep my blood pumping. 

West Ham have a lot of players coming back so I'm reasonably confident we can finish just above the bottom three. Really hope Fulham go. A nothing club with dull fans. Add nothing. Nice away day though.

Four days ago West Ham were at mixing it up at the bottom of the table. Now they're sitting pretty in 10th haha. There's still plenty of time for more ups and downs before the season is over but I don't think anybody really believes Big Sam will get you relegated. That said, I know many west ham fans don't like his brand of football. Do you think he should be replaced?

Four days ago West Ham were at mixing it up at the bottom of the table. Now they're sitting pretty in 10th haha. There's still plenty of time for more ups and downs before the season is over but I don't think anybody really believes Big Sam will get you relegated. That said, I know many west ham fans don't like his brand of football. Do you think he should be replaced?

To be honest, I like Sam Allardyce and would like to see him stay. I'm not a scholar of the game, so don't really get excited when I watch teams like Barca pass the ball around in triangles endlessly. I mostly watch West Ham and I like seeing us win, ergo, Sam is the best manager we've had in recent years. Zola got us playing some neat football, and we got battered every week.

And to be fair, Sam does mix it up quite a bit. The 0-3 at White Hart Lane was the best away game I have ever been to and will always love him for that.

i don't think sunderland will get relegated. even if they do i would be surprised because they have been playing so well since gus poyet came in and changed things up.

i'm personally rooting for southampton but i don't want them to go to europa. just keep luke shaw etc. n go big next year B)

also big respect to big sam!! if anything because he is so colorful on the sidelines.

• 2 weeks later...