football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you make it sound as though barca would take a careless approach towards the physical side of the game. though they aren't the most imposing side, it'd be naive to think that they take a backseat towards strength. messi didn't get all that power from just doing work on the pitch.

he just means they won't have to train him for lee cattermole n tings.

s

Edited by sarang hae

They're trying to re-build porto of three years ago with additional assorted old guys, and they're spending a hell of a lot of money on it. 

By the way, I watched a couple of leverkusen's matches last term, and carvajal looks like a really strong right back for now and for the future. He'll be back at madrid, and hopefully push arbeloa on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so the other day I tuned into a really high scoring game with Real Madrid and Manchester United (I think) and I was truly entertained by a match for the first time ever. It's got a really thrilling rhythm to it. Kind of want to get into it what are some og sites for scores and stuff??????

I think that was a friendly against Manchester City.

For scores and news, I suppose the BBC is pretty good. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

Whereabouts are you from? The US? The best thing to do is pick your closest team and follow them! It's far more exciting when you have a vested interest in a team and can actually go to a game. The whole build up to a match is great. I have friends that I now only really see at the football - we'll always have lunch and a few beers in the same place, watch the game, then back to the pub.

And away days are probably my favourite thing to do - have travelled all over the country watching West Ham. Suppose that's pretty easy in the UK as its so small, but atmosphere wise it can't be beaten.

renewed the old FPL league. the league number to join is:

241674-327394

there's no wager or anything but many of you on the thread probably has a team anyway so why not add an extra one.

fantasy.premierleague.com

Edited by sarang hae