football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Guest I LOVE LFC

I defo agree with the winter break. Most from a supporters view, it's a fucking pain when games get called off and you're half way to places!!!!

I couldn't give a shit who wins the league as long as its not the manc bastards.

If it was anyone else managing Spurs and defoe wasn't there, I would want them to go for it. Even City winning it would be hilarious. I think Arsenal though. I think Wenger deserves it after sticking to his managerial strategy for so long too.

i believe if arsenal doesn't sell any players in the january window, they will win something. If not this season, the next season definitely.

Wow man utd, every other team has 4 to 5 losses and they are the only ones without a lost.

I'm not too sure if i'm the only one but i wouldn't want to see money city win the league.

Arsenal will fade away come jan/feb as they always do, if wenger broke the habit of a lifetime to actually buy a couple decent players for actual money they'd be good again but the longer he doesn't the happier I am.

Chelsea surely will regain form but who knows on this.

Man Utd will keep playing poorly but still win the league.

Man City could go two ways, they'll buy more overpriced but pretty good players in the jan window, will either propel them to the top or fuck the team up all over again.

Super Spurs will win the champions league and probably win the league too (ok maybe a tiny bit biased, was at the game yesterday and we really destroyed Newcastle, they were so poor in person). Realistically I hope we hit 4th.

Maybe Blackpool will win all their rescheduled games in one burst and break open the top 5

Arsenal will fade away come jan/feb as they always do, if wenger broke the habit of a lifetime to actually buy a couple decent players for actual money they'd be good again but the longer he doesn't the happier I am.

Chelsea surely will regain form but who knows on this.

Man Utd will keep playing poorly but still win the league.

Man City could go two ways, they'll buy more overpriced but pretty good players in the jan window, will either propel them to the top or fuck the team up all over again.

Super Spurs will win the champions league and probably win the league too (ok maybe a tiny bit biased, was at the game yesterday and we really destroyed Newcastle, they were so poor in person). Realistically I hope we hit 4th.

Maybe Blackpool will win all their rescheduled games in one burst and break open the top 5

Spurs will absolutely not win the champions league. I think its between arsenal and man utd for the title. I cant see man utd going through the season without a loss, quite frankly i think they have been mediocre. Chelsea will struggle to finish 4th. I can see spurs and city in the top 4 this year. City will really challenge for the title next season.

Guest I LOVE LFC
Hard to believe the number of 'pool supporters who want him back.

Funny, two seasons a go, under Rafa, we were only 4 points off winning the league, scored more goals than any other team and only lost 2 league games all season.

I'd have him back any day of the week.

Its crazy how in brazil every week there's always the next "Pele" these kids are just born with natural talent for sports. Well just have to wait and see, IMO I don't think there can ever be a "next" anyone, these records were meant to be broken and the game is always advancing to a higher level.

i will never understand 'pool fans and their love for rafa. he blew insane amounts of cash in the transfer market on players that never performed. that cancer is the reason pool is still suffering. any manager that takes over will have to deal with those failed transfers. every club has their share of failed transfers, but rafa's record is goddamn full of shitty signings.

glory glory man united. and all you scouse fucks who wrote off berbatov can eat a dick.

I have to say, I really don't know how I feel about this proposed move the Olympic stadium.

Now, on one hand - it's quite embarrassing how incompetent Haringey are being about this. Arsenal had so much support from Islington financially to build the Emirates, whereas if the Northumberland project were to go ahead it would cost £450m. Which is even more unfathomable considering the impending financial fair play rules, I simply can't see us competing at the top.

But. I take great pride in supporting Spurs, because that's where I was born. It's always been a North London affair for us, we of course stil give Arsenal fans trouble about them moving from South London over 100 years ago; moving to West Ham and Leyton Orient's turf in the east end just seems so, so wrong. Add to that David Lammy is saying he has a strong case in keeping us from using the Tottenham name, I can't imagine saying, 'I support Stratford'. I think this would alienate fans in much the same way Wimbledon did.

from what i've read, it seems likely that we're going to get it tbh. We're easily the best choice financially, have got AEG's backing and even using the Legacy fund to refurb Crystal Palace. It seems it's the better option in terms of us finally getting back up there with the big boys on more permanent level - but at what cost?

wtf man.