football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

This made me laugh, hard.

... Proof you re stupide and dont know anything about football...

HAve you ever put a feet on a field?

He has the thing that the greatest have : the ability to be at their best when it s about serious stuff... World Cup, Euro, Marseille VS. Paris, the champions league 93 he won etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcVZq38V534&feature=related

And just so you know, in our bad situation, we at least have the 2 best keepers of the world :

Hugo Lloris and... STEPHANE RUFFIER

Yeah, those untested 23 year-old's are the 'two best keepers in the world'....just like Drogba is leaving Chelsea to play for Marseille this year.

Keep dreaming.

Lloris didnt proove anything?

Yeah ok.

He just brought Lyon, a real bad team, to a 1/2 final world cup with a weak defense (Cris / Boumsong)

He s just the best keeper in the world, and i m totally realistic. i hate Lyon and all their player but i must admit that Lloris is probably the best keeper. Ask Cristiano haha

For Drogba : Problem is that Chelsea don t wanna let Didier go for 15M, even if Didier found an agreement with us... But there s still a little hope if they trade Cole against Benzema (a terrible choice... Overrated player) and buy Neymar.

We can only put 15M for our striker... Luis Fabiano was ok to come, Seville ok to let him go but they asked 18M for a 30 y/o player with only a one year remaining contract... Stupid. Now, we're probably at a very expensive price one of this overrated young french. Loic Remy (bad), André Pierre Gignac (worse) or Kevin Gameiro (sounds interesting).

And I LOVE LFC : did you know football existed in the 90's? Just askin, cause apparently you didnt watch Fabien during this time.

Sorry to tell you that loving / working in the football world is not about lurking the internet and going to your stadium. It's more and apparently you didnt interstand that.

corridor talk :

- Mascherano won't leave Pool... At least won t go to Italia. Even if he wanted to join Benitez, fact is Inter never needed him. They have Cambiasso, and everybody in the business know that they hate each others (one of the reason Cambiasso didnt go to South Africa is that he didnt wanna be the sub of Masch).

- Tension is very high between Higuain and Benzema. Raul leaving, he left the number 7 to Cristiano Gaynaldo. Now, Karim "i like underage sluts and i pay them" Benzema wants the number 9. Higuain "Having the number 9 on your back doesnt mean you ll be in the 11" hahaha.

- Roman and Palermo made peace and are friends again. Good for Boca. The war between these 2 legends was just unbearable for the whole squad.

- Ben Arfa won t go to Newcastle. He and our staff found an agreement. If Hatem stopped saying shit in the media, we ll let him go, but to a club who offer cash money and not a stupid loan.

- Laurent Koscielny made his choice : He ll play for France and not Poland. Good debut with Arsenal.

- Chamakh and Gourcuff are still in love (yeah... Gay story, like Platini had with Olivier Rouyer) even if the distance between London and Bordeaux is hard to stand hahahahaha

This made me laugh, hard.

omjonat is extremely biased, but you certainly are incorrect on this one. You may have laughed at Barthez at the latter end of his career, but during the late-90s he was one of the better keepers in the world. It was in front of him that France won World Cup '98 and Euro 2000. The best keepers are those whose teams win matches and Barthez's teams generally did very well.

Guest I LOVE LFC
It was in front of him that France won World Cup '98 and Euro 2000. The best keepers are those whose teams win matches and Barthez's teams generally did very well.

This is my reason why I did not rate him. Same with Petr Cech at Chelsea. When called upon, not always on their game.

We had a discussion here about keepers before, it's not an easy topic. Barthez was often very good, but he very often played behind fantastic defenders. He played for a fantastic French side, but I mostly remember Blanc kissing his head and not his saves.

He also only had one good season for utd and he only played about half as many games for them and Cech, Reina, Dudek, Lehmann played for their clubs. Not to mention Given, Seaman, Van der Sar (fulham+utd). Whatever he did in french league, in all do respect, doesn't fucking count for shit.

Ozil!!! looks like bremen finally started to smarten up and realize that they were about to throw 15 mil away by keeping him another year. although are back line is obviously still flawed, in no way was paying that much for maicon warranted when we already have ramos. ozil, sami, di maria and canales (coming off the bench) are perfect additions since they are all young and promising talents to compliment all of the current galacticos. looks like VDV and M.Diarra are on their way out, but its for the best because they deserve to be starting somewhere else. hopefully jose and i are on the same page...

Pipita

DiMaria Ozil Cr

Alonso Sammi

Arbeloa Pepe Carvalho Ramos

Iker

^I can imagine the ridicule if it happens, fans already don't like 'Arry at all and I'm sure everyone's just waiting til we fuck up. Having said that, last season's work would have been all for nothing - I can't stomach that.

+

What is this Arsenal supporting virus going around the globe, why can't you just support Man U like everyone else?? :D

well to be fair, harry should bear the brunt of criticism for the way the match started - his starting XI showed no respect for the opponent despite his pre-match press conferences and set the tone for the casual way in which we went about defending.

before the season started, i predicted we would walk the city match and have problems with the away CL fixture, which was more or less correct.

btw, pm me next time you go to the lane, i am in need of a favor / pickup if you don't mind

This is my reason why I did not rate him. Same with Petr Cech at Chelsea. When called upon, not always on their game.

Yeah, definitely. I've been a Chelsea supporter ever since I lived in London in the late 90s. I cringe every other time I hear "Cech". The success came after he came, but in my opinion, Carlo Cudicini was a much better keeper. Its funny how things work out some times.

On the topic of Barthez, his club career was inconsistent. But his achievements for France in the big tournaments, including having the most World Cup Clean Sheets, make him one the better keepers of that generation with Oliver Kahn, Rustu, and maybe Seaman.

Oh, and, Tottenham is fine to go through. They were a bit complacent, but it'll work out fine. Don't think they'll progress in the Champions League any further though. In my opinion, they lack the composure of sides who have been there consistently in the past.