football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

omjonat: good lengthy posts, albeit with blatant biases. In theory, I agree with the french team selections, a younger group following the mold in terms of choice that Germany has been following,These players are surely the class of ligue 1, but I wonder how that translates onto the international stage. Benzema, who was a dominant goal scorer in ligue 1, struggled even when fit with real madrid. Gourcuff, the French Player of the year and named the best player in ligue 1, struggled a bit in qualifying, and looked very satisfactory and nothing better in the world cup (this may be because of his struggles with the other members of the camp; btw, the stories about his involvement in the whole thing are pretty funny). I would keep malouda in the side, and also consider involving the likes of gomis, gignac, ben arfa, adille rami, and others as younger players. There has to be experienced leadership in the side to be successful, and I don't know where that will come from considering everyone with experience has issues. If henry is still playing in Europe, I see him as a possible choice solely for that reason. But it is surely a pretty steep hill to climb for the french national team at this stage.

omjonat : Unless marseille can bring 40 million to the table, Ajax won't even start talking.

Suarez told the daily star yesterday that he would love to go to the premier league as it is the strongest comp .

No word about France. Pity is That Ajax lost Rommedahl today to Olympiakos but is talking to Pantelic to review is needs for a 3 year contract...

Van der Wiel might well be leaving but we got a great replacement in the wings for him so that's no biggie. Two weeks to the champions league kick off, can you believe that??

Guest I LOVE LFC
omjonat : Unless marseille can bring 40 million to the table, Ajax won't even start talking.

Suarez told the daily star yesterday that he would love to go to the premier league as it is the strongest comp .

This is full on truth then ay lad.

Torres is going to have half a season again.

Guest I LOVE LFC
The reason england don't play together is the north/south devide. No matter how much the players say they get along, they hate each other deep down, hence the non-flowing, typically boring football, I don't like saying it, but they play like Liverpool, a lot of negativety.
that is such a load of bollocks

You changed your mind now the truth is out?

Firstly, I'm not sure if you're able to tell, but I do indeed posses the ability to read:

Ay, told you they hated each other and can't play together....

so you needn't repeat yourself.

Secondly, where is this 'truth' that is allegedly "out"? A shit team doesn't have to mean they all hate each other. There is that, other excuse you know, that they were *gasp* shit.

By your demented logic, if Rooney was ever to move down South, he'd automatically turn on Gerrard et al.

Feel free to prove me wrong with some facts. because just saying something repeatedly won't, contrary to unpopular belief, make it true.

yeah tell me you would rather have benayoun at spurs than joe cole? wheelin 'n dealin arry must be pissed he went up north :D

i'd rather have bellamy than cole - i see him playing as a slightly reserved left sided striker and making defoe into a 30 goal a season player with his movement. i spent a fair amount of time picturing how cole could slot into our midfield in a way that would improve it and couldn't come up with any.

actually my preferred setup with the squad we currently have is 4-2-2-2 similar to the way the US setup in the world cup... benayoun could be the fulcrum of a 4-2-3-1 if we ever had a striker who could function on his own up top.

not convinced suarez would be a good fit either btw

in any case i think benayoun was on 70-80 and cole on 80-90. i suppose liverpool need cash at the moment so it probably works to their advantage unless gerrard jets it

gerrard is staying, he already said so. i think everyone knows in what kind of financial shit hole we are, so it makes it even more surprising that cole picked us. not to mention lack of champions league. yossi is also two years older than cole, and apparently he had major beef with rafa.

with homegrown players rule and cole staying fit, he might be a very good signing for us. the problem is if he can actually stay fit.

Guest I LOVE LFC
making defoe into a 30 goal a season player

Funniest thing I've ever heard!

i think benayoun was on 70-80

When Benayoun left West Ham he took a pay cut to come. West Ham offered him £50,000p/w, Liverpool offered £40,000p/w. His wages haven't doubled in 3 years, fact.

Funniest thing I've ever heard!

When Benayoun left West Ham he took a pay cut to come. West Ham offered him £50,000p/w, Liverpool offered £40,000p/w. His wages haven't doubled in 3 years, fact.

oh awesome, i love liverpool FACTs. so what do you think the benayoun contract renegotiation in july 09 was about - getting a different shirt number?

you can laugh all you want about a bellamy/defoe partnership but bellamy made morten gamst pedersen look like a worldbeater and what has he done since bellamy left?

Yossi maybe started on 40k but he got an extension in 2009 and I'm sure he got paid more.

Bellamy would be good for you but he's also often injured. He doesn't pass as much as you think, he also has shit attitude. Not sure anyone would make Defoe a 30 goal striker unless he takes penalties and gets one 6-7 goal game per season. He still is a very good player that I think could walk into every club in England.

Guest I LOVE LFC

He might have had a pay rise, but at 29, it wouldn't have been £80,000. The offer of a 2 year extension at Liverpool at the time having just finished 2nd in the league would have been enough for him to sign a longer deal.

He still is a very good player that I think could walk into every club in England.

Are we watching the same Defoe like? Talk about a non-team player, Defoe is up there with Henry and Ronaldo, glory hunting little cunts.

Guest I LOVE LFC

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Liverpool. For a forward he doesn't score enough goals, he wastes chance after chance before he does score and he doesn't pass enough when better options are on, cos he's a selfish little shit, waving his arms about all the time like Henry used to do. I've seen him play at Anfield, overrated by a long way.

Doesn't matter if you think he is better than Kuyt, Babel or Keane, the best football we play is when Gerrards up there with him. If they had stayed fit together at the same time, we wouldn't be where we are now. Whether Gerrards going to be up there with Torres this season, who knows? It's going to depend a lot on if we get Remy, where Mr Hodgson decides to play Cole and the most important thing, if we keep hold of Torres.

Sorry I've gone off the point, what I'm trying to say is, I don't think Defoe would get in our team if everyone was fully fit.

If we would play 442 I think he would get in. He's no Torres but his scoring record is not bad.

I doubt we're getting Remy. I'm not sure if we even have that kind of cash. Hammers offered something like 13mil. No way we can do it unless Macherano goes. We really need a left back (or two) and cover for Torres. Not sure how we can do that with donkeys in charge.

Guest I LOVE LFC

I've heard they've offered 12mil with Plessis and El zhar going too. Remy has come out and said his prefered club is Liverpool, whether that makes a difference who knows.

Left back situation will be sorted when Wayne Bridge comes(hopefully). We should have signed him before he went to City really.

We have money, don't believe everything you read, I think we will be ok.

probably a fully fit (laughing while typing that) starting XI, hodgson would play torres with gerrard in support - similar to zamora and gera.

btw i said 70-80 for benayoun; it has been reported that he will be picking up 80 at the bridge - not bad for a guy on the wrong side of 30, as you put it.

however it's nice to see that liverpool's poor understanding of transfer business extends all the way to its supporters.

GUESS WHO S ABOUT TO COME BACK IN MARSEILLE?

20M and half of his salary paid by Adidas (remember that our owner is Margharita Louis Dreyfus... Owner of Adidas ;])

CAN T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS NEW SEASON

WE LL BE AT THE TOP OF EUROPE IN THIS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! !!!

____________Mandanda_________

Azpilicueta_Diawara_Mbia__Heinze/Taiwo

_____________AlouDiarra_____________

_______Lucho_________Cheyrou/Kaboré___

Valbuena_______Drogba________Niang

Coach : DIDIER DESCHAMPS

WE RE BACK