football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Yeah the espn/abc coverage is pretty terrible besides the games being a little bit boring. I've been noticing this, but mike tirico from espn keeps saying "goaltender" and ruud gullit or jurgen klinnsman smile every single time.

it is a million times better than past tournaments, especially on commentary. you had martin tyler and efan ekoku sitting next to each other for the opener, what more could you want? i find jurgen the german's contributions particular "awesome" although lalas calling him "jurgs" almost made me retch

btw i finally got around to posting my group stage predictions, see the link in my sig and let's be 'avin ya

it is a million times better than past tournaments, especially on commentary. you had martin tyler and efan ekoku sitting next to each other for the opener, what more could you want? i find jurgen the german's contributions particular "awesome" although lalas calling him "jurgs" almost made me retch

btw i finally got around to posting my group stage predictions, see the link in my sig and let's be 'avin ya

I was watching '06 in the UK, so very, very different. Lalas is pretty funny in his bad analysis, "You just gotta put that ball in the back of the net". Thats the insightful analysis. But anyway, Martin Tyler and Andy Gray are on top of the commentary.

The North Korea-Brazil game should be fun. I'm going to be watching it with a North Korean friend (a member of one of 9 North Korean families legally living in the US).

swiss were pretty disciplined in the back and spain (puyol,pique, casillas) really made one mistake the whole game and paid for it. wouldn't blow this loss out of proportion though, because la furia roja are still going to progress but now it's gonna be interesting to see if they end up finishing second and possibly draw brazil.