football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Agree Hilario looked shit, but to be fair he's had very little match practice and had no defensive cover. Back when Hunt comatised Cech he made solid cover I seem to remember, keeping clean sheets in half his games or something. Mind you that was before John Terry gave up playing football for the life of an overpaid gambling tabloid philanderer and cup final bottler. Cunt.

Was working all day yesterday, left the kitchen in midservice lull to check the scores. I'm left completely gutted by Ramsey's injury. I've watched him a lot this season, always tenacious and fearless if sometimes slightly wayward. I share the opinion of many other gooners that the constant media harping of arsenal not liking it up em has led to three potentially career ending injuries on our young players in the last four years. Not saying any fracture was intentional, but symptomatic of a widely held belief that it's acceptable to routinely kick lumps out of more technical opponents. It's not.

And now spurs are playing really well against everton. What a bittersweet weekend. Anyone watching this? Krancjar and Modric combining beautifully, even Pavlyuchenko looking lively, always thought he was shit for Russia, just scuffed in on or two of a multitude of chances created by Arshavin.

I think there is such a thing called reserve matches and training for Hilario(US). I remember the first time he covered Cech for Chelsea v Barca. He cried after the match cos he kept a clean sheet. Think he made one good save but at that time, BPL’s strongest defence covered his ass. At that time, he was more concerned about his golf game and after so many years as a professional GK, can’t even do a proper goal kick and needs a Chelsea player to do for him.

You know if one thing Jose is good at, besides self promoting, is his indepth dossier on opposing team. And he knows how everyone in Chelsea plays and even how Carlo plays. Chelsea is so screwed.

Don’t worry. Spurs will self destruct as usual before end of the season. Europa cup for them and no Champs league. Probably no FA Cup either.

Yeah I felt very depress after watching that tackle. Did you guys check out the pictures? His ankle was dangling. :(

And yes shawcross is good. Everyone knows he didnt meant that tackle. It was just bad timing for both of them. Guess thats football. All the best for both of them.

It wasn’t his ankle. Its his lower right leg dangling at an unusual position.

Yep. Shawcross is good. A few years ago, he fractured another player’s ankle with a tackle from the back. I don’t know why Capello invited him to the England team. Can’t imagine if one of his Scholes-like tackle takes out Bobby Wazza. That will automatically drop England a few rungs off the world ranking and aint no way England would win any World Cup this year.

I don’t know why Capello invited him to the England team. Can’t imagine if one of his Scholes-like tackle takes out Bobby Wazza. That will automatically drop England a few rungs off the world ranking and aint no way England would win any World Cup this year.
How would that work? Why would England drop in the rankings because of a tackle?

This season Shawcross is better than Ferdinand, Lescott, and Upson. I think he should be called up, even for getting familiar with the national team. I doubt he will play in the World Cup, but I wouldn't completely rule that out.

If Bobby Wazza is taken out and no longer playing for the 3 kitties, you think 3 kitties stand a chance even against Algeria? Imagine GK with Carson or Foster or Robbo or James making howlers that even Fabianski would shake his head at. Left back with uh, Baines or Warnock since Cashley is so dejected Cheryl dumped him, his heart aint in the game no more and Bridge aint playing as long as JT is playing. Right back with Micah, the bull in the china shop.

Imagine Rio with his back injury, JT blundering here and there. Shawcross getting red carded within 10 seconds, Stevie G and Lamps cant play together, SWP running like a runaway train, Owen having another hamstring strain.

I dare say if Bobby aint going to South Africa, the bookies will drop the odds on 3 kitties going to quarter or semis drastically. It is frigging essential Bobby is fit and motivated.

I remember in the 2006 campaign, there was a hush at the Bridge when Carvalho took out Bobby. And Bobby was rushed back and nowhere near as good as he was. Now Bobby is in the form of his life. If he takes penalty duties. I bet he can make it 40 or 43 goals, beating C Ron’s best season. And that’s with 10 BPL games left and a few Champs League matches left.

Fuck Shawcross. I know he had no intention to break Ramsey's leg but to say that he is not a dirty player is out of the question. He broke Francis Jeffers ankle in 2007 and also had this late tackle on adebayor last season when adebayor was out of fucking bounds. He made adebayor miss three weeks due to that tackle. Cunt. It is absolutely ridiculous that shawcross breaks ramsey's leg and gets a 3 match ban while song gets his 10th yellow and has to miss 2 games. Breaking someones leg and leaving them out for probably more than a year if not their career and you only get one more game banned than you would if you got 10 yellows. bullshit. the only way this will ever be addressed is if, God forbid, someone breaks an English players leg to bits off a dirty tackle. til then fuckall.

Breaking someones leg and leaving them out for probably more than a year if not their career and you only get one more game banned than you would if you got 10 yellows. bullshit. the only way this will ever be addressed is if, God forbid, someone breaks an English players leg to bits off a dirty tackle. til then fuckall.

i wish no injury of that sort on any player - even one who plays for the scum. but if wenger doesn't like the style of play in the premiership, he should do what his players do and go to spain.

barring professional bookings (intentional cheating), a yellow card accumulation suggests a history of dangerous play. conveniently, wenger never mentions that arsenal has consistently led the league in indiscipline during his tenure.

it is a shame what happened but i saw nothing egregious about the challenge other than the result.

maybe if arsenal would have at least one player who can retaliate, they wouldn't get kicked around so much :D

stoke almost have to play like that. they don't have players with great technical abilities, so they have to get physical. sometimes it can go too far.

maybe there are some stats but i'm sure every supporter knows who broke and got stuff broken on their team. both alonso and luis garcia broke lampard's foot, riise broke smiths leg. lucan neil broke carragher's leg, lest not forget cisse's break from mceveley, ramsey's break looked like a scratch compared to that.

^ i do agree that we need someone that will retaliate and not get bossed. but we are one of the smallest teams in the league so its easy for bigger teams (like stoke) to come in and push us around. i understand that footy is a physical game i have no problem with that. but 3 leg crunching tackles in 4 years? that's fucked up man.

i wish no injury of that sort on any player - even one who plays for the scum. but if wenger doesn't like the style of play in the premiership, he should do what his players do and go to spain.

barring professional bookings (intentional cheating), a yellow card accumulation suggests a history of dangerous play. conveniently, wenger never mentions that arsenal has consistently led the league in indiscipline during his tenure.

it is a shame what happened but i saw nothing egregious about the challenge other than the result.

would any manager like the style of play when in two seasons in a row he has to witness eduardo's and ramsey's injuries?

and i don't think we've led the league in indiscipline since the invincibles. i think during the invicibles we got quite the lot of red cards but since then i'm pretty sure we've been tame.

nah man. maybe now it's more of a big deal because of tv and 35 camera angles. he's a young player and he'll get better. i'm not sure how old you are, but if you would see gerrard in first few seasons you would think shawcross if are real gentleman.

now if you go back to players in recent league history like roy keane or stuart pearce you can see how those guys cleaned up against smaller men. or if you really want to see some shit, look up footage of souness, marco tardelli, paolo montero... i'm pretty sure each of them ended at least half dozen careers.

nah man. maybe now it's more of a big deal because of tv and 35 camera angles. he's a young player and he'll get better. i'm not sure how old you are, but if you would see gerrard in first few seasons you would think shawcross if are real gentleman.

now if you go back to players in recent league history like roy keane or stuart pearce you can see how those guys cleaned up against smaller men. or if you really want to see some shit, look up footage of souness, marco tardelli, paolo montero... i'm pretty sure each of them ended at least half dozen careers.

yeah i'm a little to young for those days. back then i didn't follow footy as much as i do now. i'm just pissed/gutted man. ramsey is one of my favorite players so it sucks. and i'm sure (like you said) there were/are much dirtier players but i'm still going to go after fucking shawcross.

Its a terrible thing, even as a Spurs supporter I have to admit, but Shawcross had every right to go for the ball as Ramsey. Red card was certainly harsh given the pace of the situation, no one could go in for a 'controlled' challenge there. You can see afterwards that Shawcross had no intention to be malicious. A cunt? No, if you want to see cunts, have a look at Adebayor, you don't kick a former teammate in the face unless you're Wayne Bridge. Not to mention Sol Campbell.

haha i love how everything always comes down to whos a bigger cunt.

i think it has to be a red card. he puts another player's health in danger. he comes in too strong and breaks his leg. i think the rule states "serious foul play". i'm sure he's not trying to break his leg but i think we can all agree that he was going to fuck him up.

too bad for ramsey. i wouldn't wish that injury on most hated players.

No, if you want to see cunts, have a look at Adebayor, you don't kick a former teammate in the face unless you're Wayne Bridge. Not to mention Sol Campbell.

you forgot vieira... hmmm, what do all those players have in common?

arsenal have the fourth worst disciplinary record in the history of the premier league and rank third in red cards. of course wenger's hypocrisy would never allow for discussion of this, a large part of why everyone hates him so much.

arsenal have the fourth worst disciplinary record in the history of the premier league and rank third in red cards. of course wenger's hypocrisy would never allow for discussion of this, a large part of why everyone hates him so much.

hmm you're right. i never looked at those records. strange thing is that if you look at each season only 96/97 (worst team) and 01/02 (second worst) they are even in the bottom 5. i guess it all adds up somewhere. viera helped few seasons with 9-10 cards.

wasn't his game was it? I rate Bendtner, there are strong elements to his play, he has good creative vision (often demonstrated when he receives passes with his back to goal and feeds overlapping wingers with his first touch) and a lively work rate, but his finishing is appallingly inconsistent. I do however think he's useful as a third choice striker behind RVP and Eddy, he definitely provides a bit of a greater physical presence in the box, shame he often miscues so terribly. Mind you, Arshavin had a couple of howlers there before he netted at the death. I'm still gutted about van Persie, he'd be up there with Drogba and Rooney this season not for that stupid friendly.

it's a tough call. He's useful cause of his size but I don't see him playing for Arsenal with finishing like that. If it wouldn't be for injuries, he would probably sit on the bench most of the time. Coming next season if there will be a new striker (highly possible), he shouldn't get any games. I know he's still young but I'm not sure if he can correct his finishing anymore. He fucks up so many chances.