football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

the last thing i want is city to finish in top 4.

honestly i feel they spoil the whole damn game. throwing in money to buy big players.

they should learn from arsenal, scouting youth and train them out to become a superstar then selling them. i think thats the proper way of the game and not just throwing in big sum of cash and inflate the whole damn transfer market.

its pretty terrible. they got to remember $ cant buy u trophies.

fixed for you... btw using the arse as a paragon for how to run a football club in accordance with some fixed tradition is a slippery slope there.

btw, tell that last part to roman abramovich - won't he be embarrassed :rolleyes:

nah man. teams like that don't keep players for passion. also it's hard to imagine him having any big role in the dressing room. he might be good to the kids (which i doubt cause he's a cunt) otherwise if he's not playing he's surplus.

it's like rafa brought back fowler. yeah sure he can show young ones how to score, he's a joker in the dressing room but at the end if he's not fit to play he's useless.

i'm not sure if gary would follow in his brothers steps and go to a lower club. he might try for one more year and if he cant get fit he'll just stop.

i love neville. may not be much of a presence on the field anymore, but he always manages to tell the opposition what's on my mind.

Gary’s snarling pitbull persona and blind hatred for all ‘enemies’ of his club is an anachronism. At right back, Raphael has been chosen over him. He should be put out of pasture.

the last thing i want is city to finish in top 4.

honestly i feel they spoil the whole damn game. throwing in money to buy big players.

they should learn from arsenal, scouting youth and train them out to become a superstar. i think thats the proper way of the game and not just throwing in big sum of cash and inflate the whole damn transfer market.

its pretty terrible. they got to remember $ cant buy u trophies.

and no, im not a pool fan.

If that is the case, you would be opposed to Chelsea and Real.

The fact is this is how footie works now. The notion of players playing for and loving their clubs for life like Neville is antiquated. You do the best for your club and you leave for the betterment of your career like what Ashley did.

No one expects you to stay with your first employer for the rest of your life. So why bitch and moan about footies who do the same thing. That is why idiots who gripe at Sol and Ashley for leaving their clubs are just idiots.

cant believe spurs couldnt beat pool. im not fan of spurs but they are definitely better than pool.

but who gives a fuck cause arsenal is

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

If you betted on Spurs for that match, you should have read my comments before doing so. I mentioned Spurs are weak against the top 4 and lost to them except to Pool at WHL this season. I also thought Pool will rebound after falling to Reading and I did not think Stoke will beat them even though Pool lost key players and Stoke is the new Bolton ie. good at set pieces and can be physical. When Kuyt scored after 7 minutes, I turned off the telly knowing the match was wrapped by Pool at that stage. Better luck next season ‘Arry.

SPURS,VILLA,POOLS>MANCITY

period.

You are absolutely right. Provided the cream of Pool, Spurs and Villa are one super team and they practiced together long enough to be familiar with one another and take on City.

Friedel – GK.

Carra, King, and 2 other defenders or rightbacks.

Marsch – holding midfielder

Ashley and Gabby - wingers

Stevie G - midfielder

Nando and Defoe - strikers

And of course provided City don’t score the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Diego etc during this and the next transfer windows.

beast i had your observation in mind but pool has just been such shit lately i thought that even though spurs have a shit record against the top 4 that they could pull it off.

You are a good man for keeping my observation in mind. Better luck this weekend in the Cup draws.

Away at lower division clubs can be tricky for Chelsea and City. Think City should thump Scunthorpe easy but not exactly easy for Chelsea. If Arsene play his young guns against Stoke at Britannia, he may face a replay. Man U to crush Hull to be BPL leaders.

Aint matter. City can concentrate on better prizes than the Carling Cup which ranks above only the Charity Shield in importance. And I am not talking about those funny cups like Emirates Cup, Riverside Shield. Old Trafford Challenge and the Bridge Trophy.

Now City can concentrate on being 4th in BPL and win the FA Cup. Mancini struck gold in his 1st season in every club he's been I believe and the FA Cup is ripe for the picking with Chelsea the only main competitor left.

quickly had a look at facebook following today's big game after seeing the man u 's game aftermath and it was pretty much the same:

arsenal fans throwing a bitch fit, and actually saying how shit they are. Never seen a set of fans so fickle.

and these are the same people that used to rip into lesser clubs without provocation during the early 00s. jokers.

^ would you not question your manager if he didnt bring in a clearly needed striker when your best one is out for the rest of the season. or chooses to play a 5'7 russian against the likes of chelsea and uniteds defense. in the two games that will define your season the manager doesnt play a stiker. fuckin ridiculous. and what footbal fan isnt fucking fickle in this day and age. managers get the sack all the time for losing a run of games. arsenal supporters have stood by wenger for a long time and they will continue to do so. were just pissed that we were promised silverware this season and now its pretty much out of the picture.

promised silverwear, you have to be joking.

When you're winning you're gonna win the league. Then lose two (maybe three ) and suddenly the club and the manager that made it is shit.

The point remains, after the Liverpool game you have pretty much winnable games all the way up to season's close. Man U caught you up from a 11 or 12 point deficit and won the premiership years ago, it's definitely not over.

try supporting a club with real problems, 'doooon't beeeeat poooooortsmoouth'