football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

i think it's well known that rafa does not overperform on the transfer market.

the KOP (lol) has knives out for rafa... did they say it in an interview? and if the reasons stated in beast's post necessitated action, how does this explain arsenal standing by wenger?

and because beast sucks so bad at the rhetorical question game - it's because wenger is performing exactly according to his requirements, despite having very little chance of winning either of the trophies that matter.

ps don't bother responding, you're on my ignore list

I don't know where you're getting with all the "Checks". I only reacted to your post starting "They cant. They got no money to pay him and his team. Instead Kop is busy going after Hicks Jnr. " I stated it was bullshit and I stand by it.

Liverpool doesn't want to get rid of Rafa. There are maybe 2 options right now that are better than Rafa. Why would Liverpool get rid of him?

He won't be sacked even if we finish 5th. Simply there is no better manager that could replace him right now. There is The Special One and Guus. That's about it. First one probably won't come to LFC and I'm not even sure if Guus can do better than Rafa with current squad.

You're bitching about Alonso. Who cares? He's gone. Even if Rafa wanted to sell him or not he's out of the team and you can't blame the way LFC is playing on him leaving.

Why are you even comparing LFC and City squads is beyond me. Every idiot knows they have a bigger and better squad. Thank you captain obvious.

Oh yeah Lucas is next Kaka... Aquliani is not playing cause Rafa doesn't like him... It's all bullshit. Why would you even bother. Shit like that makes you sound like a 12 year old idiot that only plays football manager - Check

Well Pool is out of FA Cup and this is with almost the first team and at Kop. Pool not in crisis mode and Rafa wont be sacked? Haha.

You forgot this season Rafa was among the top candidates to get sacked until the bookies refused to take bets on it anymore.

Whats that? You apologise? I am right all along?

I don't know where you're getting with all the "Checks". I only reacted to your post starting "They cant. They got no money to pay him and his team. Instead Kop is busy going after Hicks Jnr. " I stated it was bullshit and I stand by it.

Liverpool doesn't want to get rid of Rafa. There are maybe 2 options right now that are better than Rafa. Why would Liverpool get rid of him?

He won't be sacked even if we finish 5th. Simply there is no better manager that could replace him right now. There is The Special One and Guus. That's about it. First one probably won't come to LFC and I'm not even sure if Guus can do better than Rafa with current squad.

You're bitching about Alonso. Who cares? He's gone. Even if Rafa wanted to sell him or not he's out of the team and you can't blame the way LFC is playing on him leaving.

Why are you even comparing LFC and City squads is beyond me. Every idiot knows they have a bigger and better squad. Thank you captain obvious.

Oh yeah Lucas is next Kaka... Aquliani is not playing cause Rafa doesn't like him... It's all bullshit. Why would you even bother. Shit like that makes you sound like a 12 year old idiot that only plays football manager - Check

Well Pool is out of FA Cup and this is with almost the first team and at Kop. Pool not in crisis mode and Rafa wont be sacked? Haha.

You forgot this season Rafa was among the top candidates to get sacked until the bookies refused to take bets on it anymore.

Whats that? You apologise? I am right all along?

Pool signs Maxi Rodriguez and gets booted out of the cup...

Bottom line is : The team i support sucks balls this season.

They will rawk the minute Rafa gets the sack - new manager syndrome. Actually probably not and they will end up outside top 4 in BPL. You have to be real precise here due to _____ like readytoignite.

Although with both Nando and stevie G subbed out and if they are injured, I think Pool will find the bottom of the barrel has a new cellar.

I dont know how good is Maxi if even Athletico lets him go and they are having their own battle to ensure they make it 4th in La Liga. Maxi and Aquilani can share notes on the bench while the camera zooms in on their pissed off looks when Lucas and Kuyt and Riera are playing instead of them.

Pool signs Maxi Rodriguez and gets booted out of the cup...

Bottom line is : The team i support sucks balls this season.

They will rawk the minute Rafa gets the sack - new manager syndrome. Actually probably not and they will end up outside top 4 in BPL. You have to be real precise here due to _____ like readytoignite.

Although with both Nando and stevie G subbed out and if they are injured, I think Pool will find the bottom of the barrel has a new cellar.

I dont know how good is Maxi if even Athletico lets him go and they are having their own battle to ensure they make it 4th in La Liga. Maxi and Aquilani can share notes on the bench while the camera zooms in on their pissed off looks when Lucas and Kuyt and Riera are playing instead of them.

Don't see Rafa leaving either, the amount of money 'pool would lose in compensation for him, bringing in a new manager and players, and on top of that the next season would be considered one of those 'transitional' phases..

Ah! A voice of reason in this sea of stupidity.

In the real world, Rafa shouldnt get the sack. Just because he has a bad half season is not a reason to sack a guy who has proven his credentials. But in footie, even world champs like Scolari can get the boot after half a season. Pool is a top 4 side and has great aspirations and expectations and such deplorable run is justification enough for the owners to sack him.

I think Pool will have the cash to pay Rafa and his back room boys. If they get a new job quick, I think Pool will pay lesser. But the problem is can Pool pay for a new manager and all the new players etc he brings in?

I dont think this season can be a transitional season. Pool as I said is a top 4 side and most successful BPL club (for this season only). So they should be challenging for everything. Even Man U in their transition phase, ended up 2nd in BPL and collected the odd silverware.

this week roundup,

great result for chelsea but it seems like sunderland didnt play with their hearts. manu and arsenal both did enough to win except liverpool somehow yet another draw. I didnt catch that match though, how did pools played?

mancini tried some weird tactics and it didnt play off losing to everton.

idk but i must say i dont manc finishing in the top 4.

great result for chelsea but it seems like sunderland didnt play with their hearts. manu and arsenal both did enough to win except liverpool somehow yet another draw. I didnt catch that match though, how did pools played?

i only caught the first half but the liverpool goal seemed against the run of play... on an unrelated note, the usa chants at goodison were priceless

results turned out well for spurs except our own :mad:

btw what is up with all these big clubs walking around like their shit don't stink (the ongoing antics of supporters united, liverpool supporters when the glazers took over)

i can't tell you how pissed off i am btw

every fucking time we have a chance to pull away from the others, we bottle it. i really don't care that we got beaten quite badly by man u, arsenal or whatever, it's the results against stoke, wolves and hull AT HOME that have made me feel disgusted (really should have beaten villa and everton away too). Those points we've dropped are going to fuck us up the arse come May.

and agreed with the comment about the fans, man u fans want sir alex to resign in protest? fucking mugs.

every fucking time we have a chance to pull away from the others, we bottle it. i really don't care that we got beaten quite badly by man u, arsenal or whatever, it's the results against stoke, wolves and hull AT HOME that have made me feel disgusted (really should have beaten villa and everton away too). Those points we've dropped are going to fuck us up the arse come May.

the problem is now everybody knows you can come to the lane, park the bus and pinch a result - a nice alternative for some who prefer that to being beaten 9-1.

in a weird way this is also the problem with the scum...

fuck me i need another drink now

this week roundup,

mancini tried some weird tactics and it didnt play off losing to everton.

idk but i must say i dont manc finishing in the top 4.

1. The Sunderland match shows Chelsea still has weakness in set pieces and as expected, Carlo didn’t play Sturidge in a 4-4-2 with Drogs away. Sunderland was pathetic in defence and if not for the keeper, would have lost by 9 or more goals.

2. I don’t know what weird tactics you are referring to by Mancini.

He played with De Jong and Gaz Baz with 2 wingers and 2 infront. Think this is how Hughes set up as usual.

Like the commentators said, Mancini should have scouted Everton last week and know how Everton set up and will play. Everton pressed City all the time and their midfield swamped City’s. When the chips were down, City lacked the midfielders to stop Everton and replaced a winger Robinho, with another winger, SWP.

Viera is not a solution. City should buy a few attacking midfielders like Ballack and Gerrard. Throw in Carrick but he and De Jong are the same.

Micah was mad to grab hold of Saha’s shirt continuously but hopefully he will learn from it with time with maturity.

whatever it is, I wish them luck. still hope to see them finish in top 4

no offence, but why??

this season is genuinely quite exciting and it's mostly because the big 4 aren't so.. big. it would be healthy if nothing for the premiership to have other teams finish in the top four (except city)

*great game of football just now, fun.

they might just get chakmah.

whatever it is, I wish them luck. still hope to see them finish in top 4

Unless you are a big Pool fan, why?

You should support City. City has enough money to ensure all the big stars will join. And they need Champs League and a challenge for BPL to get the stars. Would you rather see Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ribery, Iker, CR9 in BPL playing for City or Skrtel, Riera, Kenwyne playing for Pool lurching from one disaster to another.

Pool to play Spurs tonight. They will be in deep shit unless Spurs falls victim to their usual inability to get 3 points from the big 4 like against the other big 3 away.

the last thing i want is city to finish in top 4.

honestly i feel they spoil the whole damn game. throwing in money to buy big players.

they should learn from arsenal, scouting youth and train them out to become a superstar. i think thats the proper way of the game and not just throwing in big sum of cash and inflate the whole damn transfer market.

its pretty terrible. they got to remember $ cant buy u trophies.

and no, im not a pool fan.

Unless you are a big Pool fan, why?

You should support City. City has enough money to ensure all the big stars will join. And they need Champs League and a challenge for BPL to get the stars. Would you rather see Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Ribery, Iker, CR9 in BPL playing for City or Skrtel, Riera, Kenwyne playing for Pool lurching from one disaster to another.

Pool to play Spurs tonight. They will be in deep shit unless Spurs falls victim to their usual inability to get 3 points from the big 4 like against the other big 3 away.

you probably know my opinion on the frankenstein bros but... don't you feel that he's liability on the pitch now? i'm surprised fergie keeps him. his wages have to be high and he's not even close to his best.

it irks me when he starts and there's a better option on the bench, but other than that i don't particularly mind. admittedly i don't think he's around for his on-field contribution but rather an off-field one. there's talk of this being last season, and if so it isn't so bad. as a united fan though, his antics from the sidelines are great.