football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

the cesc shit is bullshit. i think the traore kid: (6'6 19 year old from the ivory coast). sounds like a more probable signing. but probably wouldnt be the best person to sign. we need experience not a black peter crouch to come in in the middle of the season.

the cesc shit is bullshit. i think the traore kid: (6'6 19 year old from the ivory coast). sounds like a more probable signing. but probably wouldnt be the best person to sign. we need experience not a black peter crouch to come in in the middle of the season.

Yup. Why get Higuain, the argentinean wonderkid who is overlooked by maradonna and scored regularly with Raul and now alone or with CR9 and can partner with top madrista players? Why spend 35 million for him when for only 5 million more, you can get a seasoned and experienced Argentinean striker who has experience in BPL and Serie A. Yup I can only be talking about Maurio Zarate.

One can only imagine the silky 1-2 he will have with another south American emirates future product - Denilson and with RVP, Fabregas, Diaby and Arsh. Oh yah. You need not worry about where the goals will come from when he is around.

ha. i dont think wenger would be that dumb to let trade feb for higuain. just another transfer rumour. :)

Probably the papers cooking up a Cesc transfer.

Think Barca will definitely gun for Cesc, a former academy player and Real will want to beat them to it and rub it in their faces.

Think of holding midfielders like Xabi and Lassana cutting out attacks. Xabi doing his short and medium range passes to Cesc who can pass long 2 CR9, who can pass to the left to Ribery. Who can pass to the striker in the hole, Kaka. Who can pass to Benzema or Higuain. With Saint Iker, the greatest goalie now and definitely in Spain, a team to beat in the World Cup and Saint Iker is definitely better than Dida or Julio Cesar of Brazil, that leaves 2 slots in the back for Pepe and Arbeloa I think. Haha!

Hope the snow wont mean postponed BPL matches this weekend. What a bore it will be.

Togo withdraw from ACoN after shooting

Adebayor and teamates really shook up after that attack. Quite a few of them were in tears afterwards.

I bet that will not stop the Gunners faithful from coming up with another song about Manny being a crybaby or he should have died in the coach (just like the songs about Ronnie should have died in the tunnel) after the one about his mum being a hooker and dad cleaning elephants.

Yea I watched a lil bit of the match too, conditions really did seem pretty bad. I did find donovan played ok for his first match.

i watched the match. thought he did ok. shit conditions, new team and all... fucking hate them anyway

i watched the match. thought he did ok. shit conditions, new team and all... fucking hate them anyway

Landon had cramps in his first match shortly after half time. If i didnt know better, I would have thought MLS matches last 60 minutes and maybe have 3 or 4 half times or breaks.

As SAF would tell you, slotting in some squad players to your 1st team can be disastrous like in the Leeds match. If a first team winger is playing, crosses from the right could be more accurate and could be converted into goals or better opportunities. But Moyes is a bit short of option here.

Sometimes in big matches, the margin of error can be so close and you need a touch of class from a top BPL pro compared to also rans to make a difference from 1 point to 3 points.

it's his first match in the premiership and he set one up... bit harsh but i suppose when the best your country can do is send players to indonesia, i guess all you gots is your hate

OH wow. Didnt know I would strike a raw nerve given you are the president of Landon's fan club.

Well SORRY!

He still suck BTW. Hope he gets better.

cant believe im even saying this but i guess it's now in the realm of possibility...torres and drogba=scary

If you are talking about the Great Nando sale, Chelsea will lose to whatever City is willing to pay for him and Nando is a better and more consistent striker than Manny and Tevez. Chelsea was willing to pay anywhere from 40 to 60 million pounds for him. City can pay 100 million for Kaka so they can pay as high as that for Nando if they want to, although Nando don’t have the pedigree of Kaka.

City can afford to pay Nando sky high wages. Chelsea got their wage structure and I think it will create tons of turmoil in Chelsea if Nando is paid too high. Many players like Willie G and Arjen left because Chelsea was unwilling to pay them high wages like Lamps, JT and Drogs. Nando always get groin injuries too so that may affect his transfer price although that could be due to insufficient rest given to him by Pool.

If City makes it to Champs League next season, all the more attractive for Nando to join City.

And don’t forget Stevie G could be on sale too.

If you are talking about the Great Nando sale, Chelsea will lose to whatever City is willing to pay for him and Nando is a better and more consistent striker than Manny and Tevez. Chelsea was willing to pay anywhere from 40 to 60 million pounds for him. City can pay 100 million for Kaka so they can pay as high as that for Nando if they want to, although Nando don’t have the pedigree of Kaka.

City can afford to pay Nando sky high wages. Chelsea got their wage structure and I think it will create tons of turmoil in Chelsea if Nando is paid too high. Many players like Willie G and Arjen left because Chelsea was unwilling to pay them high wages like Lamps, JT and Drogs. Nando always get groin injuries too so that may affect his transfer price although that could be due to insufficient rest given to him by Pool.

If City makes it to Champs League next season, all the more attractive for Nando to join City.

And don’t forget Stevie G could be on sale too.

hahaha liverpool is soo fucked.

just get rid of Rafa already.

hahaha liverpool is soo fucked.

just get rid of Rafa already.

They cant. They got no money to pay him and his team. Instead Kop is busy going after Hicks Jnr.

And Rafa is busy selling excess requirements like Voronin and Dosenna to buy god knows which table so they can make it to fourth this season.

Everyone in the Kop must had a sleepless night last night when City finally became fourth. Things can go bad for Pool very very quick if they end up in Europa League next season.

Will be interesting to see how Pool plays Reading midweek. Maybe Rafa will play all his squad players and concentrate on getting points for BPL. There is a certain air of resignation in Kop and rumours abound that Stevie G is not playing 100% and he and his boys are conspiring to make Rafa lose his job.

You are kidding right?

Are you saying the KOP is not aware of the real and present threat posed by City?

City aint Villa, Spurs, Everton and Fulham. With a lot of effort and bit of luck, Pool got the quality to beat them in BPL rankings and become 4th.

You think they can pip City? Hell, their manager is world class and as good if not better than Rafa. Their team cost 200 million and the Sheikh spent 400 million in 2 years and they are debt free. If the Sheikh wants, COM Stadium can be rebuilt to be a 100,000 seater stadium that makes OT looks like a pathetic training ground.

And look at Pool. Out of Champs League, a first for Rafa.

Desperately selling players to buy and who did they get so far? Maxi? You think Ruud will take a loan deal? Van Der Vaart? Well, VDV may join since he is injured.

And look at Pool’s pathetic form. Struggling to string together wins. Pathetic at set pieces, lost to Reading (I know they drew but drawing with a team like Reading is considered a loss).

The players’ body language shows and England and Spain are unhappy about Stevie G and Nando being pushed after quick recoveries from groin injuries. They think they should be rested for WC 2010 and undergo surgeries but the way Rafa is pushing them, they could be injured for good.

Yup. All is well at the Kop. Aint no crisis there.

Getting rid of Hicks and Gillette aint the solution but that is all the Kop can think about. That and fantasy footie like Jose can come in and replace Rafa. Hah! Carlos Queiroz maybe.

You are kidding right?

Are you saying the KOP is not aware of the real and present threat posed by City?

City aint Villa, Spurs, Everton and Fulham. With a lot of effort and bit of luck, Pool got the quality to beat them in BPL rankings and become 4th.

You think they can pip City? Hell, their manager is world class and as good if not better than Rafa.

I would disagree. Few Italian Cups and winning the league with Inter after biggest rivals were fucked for corruption. Later cash was thrown at him and you could see that Inter is much better than any other team. Just look at Liverpool - Inter in Champions League under Mancini. Team that was way more expensive then Liverpool and got spanked.

Oh and Mancini was one of my favorite players back in the day so I have no hate for him. He's a decent manager but I think Rafa is better.

I'm not gonna argue with you since you get your knowledge from the sun.

Liverpool won't get rid off Rafa because nobody wants to do that and Rafa doesn't want to leave.

Rafa is selling Degen and Voronin which he go FOR FREE!!! so yeah that's a real problem.

Please don't believe in what you read in some shit paper to be true. Just cause Daily Fail says that Gerrard is not happy with Rafa it doesn't mean it's true :rolleyes:

Anyone watched the MANC vs Blackburn yesterday?

I don't know but I thought they were quite a lucky team ever since mancini took over....

anyway for Liverpool, quite sad to see them in this stat, low on form and mayb on morale. guess they feeling the lost of alonso to cover their midfield.

yea gotta agree with mike dont believe the papers man. their rumors are just exaggerating to boost their sales.

Anyone watched the MANC vs Blackburn yesterday?

I don't know but I thought they were quite a lucky team ever since mancini took over....

anyway for Liverpool, quite sad to see them in this stat, low on form and mayb on morale. guess they feeling the lost of alonso to cover their midfield.

yea gotta agree with mike dont believe the papers man. their rumors are just exaggerating to boost their sales.

Benjani running about like a headless chicken is a sight to see. None of his shots hit the goal but he ended up having tons of assist to his name. Thats the new manager syndrome for you.

i hope city goes back on their run of draws soon and mancini's luck runs out^.

Aint no way. City is here to stay. No one pumps in 400 million in 2 years and walk away. And remember, that was converted to equity.

If City runs into a series of draws, they will get another world class first 11 and a world class coach until they make it 4th and then champions. Remember this is a owner which wanted to buy over Real.

I would disagree. Few Italian Cups and winning the league with Inter after biggest rivals were fucked for corruption. Later cash was thrown at him and you could see that Inter is much better than any other team. Just look at Liverpool - Inter in Champions League under Mancini. Team that was way more expensive then Liverpool and got spanked.

Oh and Mancini was one of my favorite players back in the day so I have no hate for him. He's a decent manager but I think Rafa is better.

I'm not gonna argue with you since you get your knowledge from the sun.

Liverpool won't get rid off Rafa because nobody wants to do that and Rafa doesn't want to leave.

Rafa is selling Degen and Voronin which he go FOR FREE!!! so yeah that's a real problem.

Please don't believe in what you read in some shit paper to be true. Just cause Daily Fail says that Gerrard is not happy with Rafa it doesn't mean it's true :rolleyes:

You want the truth? You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!!

Haha. OK. You want facts?

Lets talk facts.

Out of Champs League Group Stages, first time in the many years Rafa is in charge – Check

Halfway through the season where things should be stabilized and Pool is seventh. I know the points spread from 4th to 8th is close but Pool must acknowledge the City factor - Check

Losses and draws in BPL so far, worse than last season – Check

Lost Xabi due to Rafa’s wheeling and dealing to sell him to Juve 2 seasons ago backfired and Rafa burning his bridges with Xabi – Not allowing Xabi to go on leave for his kid’s birth. Xabi said it in an interview – Check

No proper replacement for Xabi unless you count Lucas (the next Kaka) and Little Prince though fit is warming the bench (his dad said it in an interviews). Resulting in poor passes from defence to offence - Check

Conceding goals again and again from set pieces – Check

Lack of funds to buy and Pool need to sell to buy – Check

Rafa saying if Pool is not fourth, they cant resist a big money offer for Nando – Check

Pool is in crisis. No doubt. Pool can string a series of wins to get 4th since Rafa said fourth is priority (he said in interview) and they probably aint focusing on Europa and FA Cup but Pool only got a few players to pick from and if they are injured like Marsch, Nando, Stevie, Carra, they are in shit. If Tevez is injured, City have Manny, and then Rocque and then Benjani and then Bella. Ir Robinho is injured, they get Bella, SWP and Petrov.

Pool is in trouble. Very very high chance they will not be fourth and do you really think after the poor runs and not making to Champs League, Rafa’s job is secured? I don’t think so.

You want the truth? You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!!

Haha. OK. You want facts?

Lets talk facts.

Out of Champs League Group Stages, first time in the many years Rafa is in charge – Check

[cut out bunch of crap]

Pool is in crisis. No doubt. Pool can string a series of wins to get 4th since Rafa said fourth is priority (he said in interview) and they probably aint focusing on Europa and FA Cup but Pool only got a few players to pick from and if they are injured like Marsch, Nando, Stevie, Carra, they are in shit. If Tevez is injured, City have Manny, and then Rocque and then Benjani and then Bella. Ir Robinho is injured, they get Bella, SWP and Petrov.

Pool is in trouble. Very very high chance they will not be fourth and do you really think after the poor runs and not making to Champs League, Rafa’s job is secured? I don’t think so.

I don't know where you're getting with all the "Checks". I only reacted to your post starting "They cant. They got no money to pay him and his team. Instead Kop is busy going after Hicks Jnr. " I stated it was bullshit and I stand by it.

Liverpool doesn't want to get rid of Rafa. There are maybe 2 options right now that are better than Rafa. Why would Liverpool get rid of him?

He won't be sacked even if we finish 5th. Simply there is no better manager that could replace him right now. There is The Special One and Guus. That's about it. First one probably won't come to LFC and I'm not even sure if Guus can do better than Rafa with current squad.

You're bitching about Alonso. Who cares? He's gone. Even if Rafa wanted to sell him or not he's out of the team and you can't blame the way LFC is playing on him leaving.

Why are you even comparing LFC and City squads is beyond me. Every idiot knows they have a bigger and better squad. Thank you captain obvious.

Oh yeah Lucas is next Kaka... Aquliani is not playing cause Rafa doesn't like him... It's all bullshit. Why would you even bother. Shit like that makes you sound like a 12 year old idiot that only plays football manager - Check

Oh I see. I thought you disagreed with my assessment Pool is going down the toilet.

Check means the points which are established truths that Pool sucks.

Pool are in the worse run for years and the manager wont get the boot? Why? Because there aren’t any better than Rafa? Was Average better than Jose? Scolari was sacked and Wilkins was a last minute replacement and Guus is a knee jerk replacement. You don’t need to have a master plan before sacking the manager. Therefore lack of alternatives is not a reason to sack Rafa. Remember Klingsman was eyed as a Rafa replacement and Pool’s form at that time was better than now. So if they were not shit then and Rafa can be replaced, what if they are shit now?

BTW in his last matches, Rafa was Jose’s superior so Jose is not good enough too huh?

The truth is Pool is great in history only. Which top class manager will want to join Pool even if they get 5 million pounds a year. Who wants to sully his reputation with a sinking ship? So which manager can they get? Well, not world class managers but you can get Hughes, Schuster, Laudrup, Juande etc etc and these fit Pool’s station in life.

Even Stevie G said (in an interview) one of the reason for Pool’s bad form is Xabi’s absence. You think you know better than Stevie G why Pool sucks?

Aquliani is not playing cause Rafa doesn't like him? Hello! Little Prince was bought by Rafa and not Rick Parry. Rafa can blame all the bad buys on Parry in the past but not GJ and Little Prince and Skrygiagos or whats his name. If its a bad buy, Rafa is to blame. Who ask him to pay 20 million for a banged up midfielder everyone knows cant complete a season? Who ask him to pay 17 million for a right back who cant defend? And Rafa shouldn’t get the sack for splurging Pool’s money on bad buys. It’s a law of BPL that managers get sacked if the results are poor. In the past, Gillette and Hicks were squabbling and issues abound about who is supporting Rafa. You think both Gillette and Hicks who cant get along, want Rafa there? And they want him because no one is better? Hell, anyone is better. Are you Major Oblivious?

i think it's well known that rafa does not overperform on the transfer market.

the KOP (lol) has knives out for rafa... did they say it in an interview? and if the reasons stated in beast's post necessitated action, how does this explain arsenal standing by wenger?

and because beast sucks so bad at the rhetorical question game - it's because wenger is performing exactly according to his requirements, despite having very little chance of winning either of the trophies that matter.

ps don't bother responding, you're on my ignore list