football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

city owned chelsea. chelsea looked like they had no to clue what they do. struggled with possession throughout the entire game until the end.

Thats the reason why Chelsea wont win the BPL this season and Man U will. Chelsea cant seem to cope when the opposing team press them hard. Similar to what Wigan did to them. The only time they succeed was with Man U and that was at the Bridge.

Plus, City stopped attacking and defended the lead and only counter attacked when they got the lead. And Chelsea lost their composure as they accumulated cards after card. Maybe Wiley was more in favour of City but nothing Chelsea did went for them.

This coincide with Scolari's alarming fall from grace despite being League leaders. The good thing is Pool and Arsenal is shite this season. So Carlo will still get 2nd and Roman may just call in Guus again.

Anyway you know you will lose when Lamps miss a penalty for you. The only time I saw him miss a penalty was a penalty shootout with Barnsley I think and some Charity Shield thing.

BTW what was Rafa thinking? Experimenting with Kuyt infront? Now? When he needs points more than ever? And when got in Ngog, he immediately got 2 chances. Imagine what he can do if he got 90 min.

for once, thankful for a city win. haha.

Given City's tip top form, they may go into a series of draws again.

Hopefully they will make it to Champ League next season so we can see the likes of Balotelli, Maicon, Villa, Silva and CR& grace BPL. Plus whoever is player of the tournament in the WC. And throw in Kaka and that Brazilian lout from Juve while we are at it.

Having not seen Bolton much this season I was really impressed with them last night... Mark Hughes mustn't sleep very much...

Anyone catch Chelsea/Everton? Fuckin 3-3... ugh...

thank the football gods for Villa finding form!! hahaha

Having not seen Bolton much this season I was really impressed with them last night... Mark Hughes mustn't sleep very much...

Anyone catch Chelsea/Everton? Fuckin 3-3... ugh...

thank the football gods for Villa finding form!! hahaha

1. Already figured Bolton can get a draw from the Citizens. Aint nothing good about Bolton other than they are the pioneers of a form of footie that Stoke is glorifying for all. Sparky seems to be under a ton of pressure to date and his interview shows his frustration. He may get sacked before the end of the season as predicted.

2. Also figured Moyes will squeak a draw since it has been a scored draw at the Bridge for like 4 BPL seasons already and this was done without Cahill.

Guess Chelsea still havent solve their set piece problems and Cech has been exposed again. Maybe Turnbull will get his run although for the last Everton goal, Cech was unlucky. Drogs went to clear it but his header bounced off a Everton player's head and all the way into the goal and Ivanovic standing at the post cant clear it.

And it was this time one year ago, Scolari started haemorrhaging points until he got sacked. Maybe history will repeat itself?

3. Hope this doesnt mean Man U will slip. Towards the end, Villans were so clueless, even when they got the ball, they dont even know how to run the clock with it or lose it easy to Man U. Man U should have won it or get a draw instead. And Valencia despite getting into good positions, cant score. Its times like these, Ronnie is so missed.

Zhirkov Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayed

Actually I wanted to predict Chelsea will get a scored draw in view of the other 2 losing in away fixtures but alas! I did not do so. If I did, you would have marvelled at my accuracy instead of making snipy remarks .

I didnt think Chelsea will lose at Upton given WHU were lacking Carlton and Dean and Hines.

Here's another tip: Chelsea will drop points at St Andrews at Boxing Day. Carlo is too rigid with his diamond. Bet Jose will find it easier beating Chelsea than Man U. Anyway surprised Zhirkov played. I didn't think you would throw him in a derby match. Chelsea desperately need wide players if they dont want to be runners up in BPL again.

favourite player - dennis bergkamp.

still can rmb his goal against newcastle just before his retirement.

anyway,

what a weekend. manu/liverpool lost, chelsea drew. only arsenal claimed full 3 points

The BPL is for Man U or Chelsea to lose.

There are weaknesses in Arsenal and Pool is so long gone, making it fourth is a big problem.

Villa is still too thin to be champs but can be fourth, probably not though.

Spurs still can crack against the big 3 but can make it fourth.

Its too far for Man City to be champs but can also make it fourth once they spend another 100 million in Jan.

The BPL is for Man U or Chelsea to lose.

There are weaknesses in Arsenal and Pool is so long gone, making it fourth is a big problem.

Villa is still too thin to be champs but can be fourth, probably not though.

Spurs still can crack against the big 3 but can make it fourth.

Its too far for Man City to be champs but can also make it fourth once they spend another 100 million in Jan.

This is a good assessment. I think City will challenge for the title next year, and it will be more of a seven horse race.

With that said, the title is really Man U's to lose.

You have to remember about the African Cup of Nations..

With Chelsea's strong African core leaving for part of the season, they won't be as crisp. With Drogba and Kalou not up front who will run it? Of course, the Frenchmen Anelka might, and Malouda can chip in but I don't see them scoring enough to win it. Also, the ever reliable Essien will be missed without a doubt.

With City's current run of form I see them staying where they're at. Without

the African man up front to lead them on their form hasn't been as good as it could be, and he's not coming back for a while.

This is a good assessment. I think City will challenge for the title next year, and it will be more of a seven horse race.

With that said, the title is really Man U's to lose.

You have to remember about the African Cup of Nations..

With Chelsea's strong African core leaving for part of the season, they won't be as crisp. With Drogba and Kalou not up front who will run it? Of course, the Frenchmen Anelka might, and Malouda can chip in but I don't see them scoring enough to win it. Also, the ever reliable Essien will be missed without a doubt.

With City's current run of form I see them staying where they're at. Without

the African man up front to lead them on their form hasn't been as good as it could be, and he's not coming back for a while.

1. My assessment has always been superb and as 78 would attest, my predictions even more so.

2. Mancini cannot single handedly make City champions. Many top players are adopting a wait and see approach before joining them. They want to join a team fighting to be champs and euro champs annually.

So Mancini got to do it with his present crew and those of similar ilk. Therefore the talk about buynig Ribery, Aguero, Silva, Torres, Messi are all rubbish unless City pays 100 million or more for 1 of them and makes an offer no one will refuse.

Mancini though had a good run in Serie A, is unproven in European footie. Therefore, we don't know how fast he will adapt to BPL. No matter what, I don't think it will be a shoo-in for them to be 4th this season. But next season, they might be.

As it is, City should get rid of Bridge, Lescott, Toure, SWP, Zabaletta. He should get new back 4. 8 players to cover the positions. 2 good attacking midfielders since Gaz Baz isnt' working and Ireland is still not Lamps yet. City needs to get all 11 or 16 top class players. Those who are numbr one choices for their countries or even the entire world no matter what. Just look at Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal to see how many are first choice for their countries or any fantasy league no matter what.

Would Bridge, Lescott and SWP be top choice? What about Bellamy? Yes because Wales is small. Ditto for Ireland.

The question therefore is, can the Mancini name attract good enough players for City. Can City get Maicon and Chievallani or whats his name? Probably not even with Mancini there.

Therefore he has to man manage the egos and nutters there until he gets somewhere or before he gets the can. Unless he can spot rough talents and polish them into bona fide stars like Wenger.

2,. The truth is if Chelsea and Man U get their acts together, Spurs and Villa will never make it as champs and not even top 4 material since Arsenal will be top 4 and Pool should be too unless they blunder real bad.

3. Sturidge was a nuisance at Upton Park but Carlo would probably play a 4-5-1 during ANC with Anelka. He wont even use a wide formation and will use Cole or Deco as the tip of the diamond. Ballack as holding midfielder, Lamps as attacking and Belletti or Malouda or Zhikov as the other attacking midfielder. This X'mas may result in the repeat of Scolari's final days as Chelsea drop points. Starting with Birmingham, unbeaten in 9 games and at St Andrews.

4. As for Man U, I can understand their defence sucking but their midfielders and strikers? Come on! Whats wrong with them? Scholes, Rooney, Valencia all having bad days? Why isn't Giggsy playing? And what happened to Park? And Darren Fletcher being their best player? I can remember Fletcher and O'Shea being squad players and despite Fergie's affection for Fletcher, is he worth 20 million and more if he is sold? Probably not.

Why start with Owen at Craven Cottage? Can Owen create anything? I think Ruud on loan will be better than Owen for them and that will make it 4 strikers for them. Forget about Welbeck.

is essien going to the afc? i feel like i read somewhere that he was uncertain whether or not he was going to join up with them. i could be mistaken though. man utd need to get some defenders back. theyre shit at the back.

Of course he is going unless his knee or is it hamstring is so conked, he cannot go. If he can't go, means he cant play for Chelsea too. I think he is Ghana captain or some national hero in Ghana like Drogs is for Ivory coast.

Fergie just said he aint buying defenders in Jan. More good news for Kuczak, Carrick and de Lert or whatever his name is.

word.

what do you think about bellamy and given saying that they may want to leave because of the ways that hughes was sacked? think they will?

Bella maybe. And no one cares if he does because he is a Pool reject and he will rot in mid table with the WHUs and Blackburns of BPL.

If he leaves, he will end up in some exotic locale like Hull and Wolves and Swansea before calling it a day 2 years later due to his bum knees.

And lets face it, where will Sparky end up? Chelsea or Man U? Probably neither. He will end up in Blackburn, WHU or Hull which desperately needs him to stay up and Bella can join him there.

Givens wont leave because he remembers being in a crap club like Newcastle which makes him look shit. Its been often said Givens is Hughes best signing. Better than Robinho and Adebayor. If he leaves, he can go to either of the top 3 clubs but they probably wont want him if he leaves. So Givens best chance for glory and money is still City and he is at the top of his game at City. Yeah I know he aint got much clean sheets but he is still a good goalie.

You forgot Rocque. Mancini probably will sell him since he is a Bayern reject unless he really does well.

HQfJVFJsUrw

What retirement?

What i meant "before he left arsenal, like retire from the club"

anw, mancini will probaly sell off players that are probably gonna be against him, he will definitely bring in a couple of players, balotelli might be one of the few. if he were to manage the team well, (selling and getting the right players) could really see them fighting for a 4th spot.

For this season, at this rate, its either chelsea or manu or arsenal to win the title.