football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

So you think they can finally sell out SOL if they bring Barca? Shit club if you ask me when they can't fill their stadium during even big games.

And stars like Henry and Ronnie? Are you having a piss? Henry doesn't have the speed anymore and you really need to see Milan play. I wouldn't trade Milner for Ronnie. Fuck, last match I wouldn't even trade Aurelio for him. Ronnie is done.

I still stand they can't bring Messi. Not a fucking chance.

1. who cares if they can sellout COM and not SOL. Anyway COM is pretty full these days at 40,000 for the big games like vs Arsenal. My point is at least the big clubs will go to places in England other than the usual big 4 stadiums.

2. When Man City went down to Camp Nou to talk about Robinho's loan, there was talk about players transfer since Barca cant pay for Robinho's transfer fee in full. The question is who will Hughes want? Messi is out of the picture. That remains older players like Puyol and Henry etc. Xavi and Iniesta are out as well.

3. They probably cant bring in Messi but thats what they said about Ronnie leaving Man U and see what happened.

4. I was taking about Cristiano not Ronaldinho. Henry may not have the legs but he is a BPL icon next to Cantona and if not for the Ireland trauma, which seems to have affected his peformance of late, he stil has it in him to get close to 20 goals a season. Not saying he still has the speed though.

i don't think burnley will be relegated whereas you do, which seems like a reasonable bet to me - rather than trying to trick me into taking pretty long odds on either of the things above. btw the quote you provided is out of context and was directed in response to this:

what i was pointing out that according to beast's own logic, there is a much stronger case to be made that burnley will be safe - yet he is stating the opposite.

yet again you are arguing a position i'm not making. grant wasn't brought in to pompey to win the league or beat liverpool. he was brought in to save them from relegation. this doesn't require brilliance.

this is exactly my point - hughes is obviously trying to stay away from blockbuster transfers for precisely these reasons.

i assume you guys are talking about COMS (unless we just switched to sunderland when i wasn't looking)... man city's average attendance figures have been higher than liverpool's this season!

I dont know how much pull does Hughes have. If the Sheikh can get Ronnie and I mean CR7 or is it 9, and Hughes think he has a big ego and cant be handled, do you think Hughes has the power to call off the deal?

arsenal overall skills are good. But they are not good enough to be at top 3 esp with the youngsters ? they need few oldies to balance the team.

Actually, I don’t know how true is this older v younger argument. Arsenal probably need ‘steel’ in their DNA and more experience.

Wenger got rid of Viera for Cesc. And when Juve played Arsenal, Viera was second best. Cesc despite being young has a few years under his belt. And Cesc while hot tempered, didn’t get redded as much as Viera.

Wenger got rid of Gilberto for Flamini and Flam and Cesc were a good combo.

Wenger got rid of Henry for Adebayor and Manny immediately repay Wenger by scoring 20 goals and earning Wenger a hell of a transfer fee. And even better still, he has RVP, who is a Henry/Bergkamp morph according to Wenger and Wenger need not pay a 20 or 30 million transfer fee for RVP.

I dont know how much pull does Hughes have. If the Sheikh can get Ronnie and I mean CR7 or is it 9, and Hughes think he has a big ego and cant be handled, do you think Hughes has the power to call off the deal?

it's unclear - i question whether or not he was on board the robinho signing though he wasn't really in a position to challenge his new owners. the moment they succeed in signing a blockbuster transfer will be the beginning of the end for hughes and the side's recent form isn't helping him delay that day too much.

Actually, I don’t know how true is this older v younger argument. Arsenal probably need ‘steel’ in their DNA and more experience.

like spurs, they need to up their wage bill to be competitive to the level they want. wenger has been systematically cutting the overall squad wages by releasing/selling his highest salaried players (fabregas a notable exception) and signing younger players who aren't in a position to negotiate huge wages.

transfer fees get the headlines but it's personal terms that allow you to attract the talent you need for a title challenge.

it's unclear - i question whether or not he was on board the robinho signing though he wasn't really in a position to challenge his new owners. the moment they succeed in signing a blockbuster transfer will be the beginning of the end for hughes and the side's recent form isn't helping him delay that day too much.

like spurs, they need to up their wage bill to be competitive to the level they want. wenger has been systematically cutting the overall squad wages by releasing/selling his highest salaried players (fabregas a notable exception) and signing younger players who aren't in a position to negotiate huge wages.

transfer fees get the headlines but it's personal terms that allow you to attract the talent you need for a title challenge.

True on the wage thing. ONly Henry got his 100,000 pounds a week deal. And Arsh has been moanin and griping about his 'low' pay. But even if Arsenal cant pay big, they will still have a steady stream of young players willing to join them since wenger will let you play 1st team as long as you are good.

Even Pool's wages aint too good. Stevie G got his 100,000 pounds a week. Nando gets a measly 70,000 a week I heard. Not sure about Carra.

arsenal didnt have the fight required to win that game.

citeh were ok first half but second half they came out flying, arsenal couldnt keep up.

thats another trophy challenge ended.

Carling Cup ranks low on Wenger's priorities so no sleep loss over this. But I wonder what piss him off so much that he refuses to shake Hughes' hand after the match?

Cockuta misses and why am I listening to a game on the radio? HAHA

Arsenal played fine for what they had on the pitch. City wasn't so much better, it was just individual players that outclassed Arsenal. Glad City got through, should help them down the table in the league.

You know you gonna lose a match when you get a German to take a penalty and he misses. And a German captain at that.

who do you think wenger will bring in january? chamkah? mario balotelli? or noone.

lost 3-0 to man city. didnt watch it but just saw the stats. outpossesed mancity 69 31 and had an equal amount of opportunities on paper at least.

Either no one or someone no one has heard of.

Jan are notoriously bad for signing unless you are talking about people who want away for more playing time like Ruud, Heskey or Pavluchenko. Imagine either 1 of them in a Gunner shirt.

this is why he didn't shake his hand:

"If people want to label Wenger a sore loser then fine. Frankly I thought Hughes behaviour on the touchline was appalling all night. Like a big blustering bully he prowled around, baiting Wenger, swearing at him, and basically behaving like an oaf of the highest order - then he complains at the end when a handshake is refused him? What a cunt. Honestly, if you behave like a cunt then people will treat you like a cunt and Hughes got exactly the kind of respect he deserved - none. "

and beast if any of those strikers go to the gunners then the world must be coming to an end.

this is why he didn't shake his hand:

"If people want to label Wenger a sore loser then fine. Frankly I thought Hughes behaviour on the touchline was appalling all night. Like a big blustering bully he prowled around, baiting Wenger, swearing at him, and basically behaving like an oaf of the highest order - then he complains at the end when a handshake is refused him? What a cunt. Honestly, if you behave like a cunt then people will treat you like a cunt and Hughes got exactly the kind of respect he deserved - none. "

and beast if any of those strikers go to the gunners then the world must be coming to an end.

Hey, you asked who can Wenger buy in Jan. Not like his options are great. Anyhow Ruud is still a good buy or loan deal. He may not get you 20 goals but 10 should be easy for him. No wonder 'Arry and Rafa are looking at him too.

And its not like wenger is a wimp. I recall him going toe to toe with the bear like Martin Jol. If Sparky swear and curse at him, Wenger can shoot him down just as well.

^ oh i know. it's just ruud's history with united and then pavlychenko's a spur. we need a defender and a striker. i doubt wenger would bring in ruud. does he ever play for them? well, im guessing not since he wants to leave.

Wenger's relationship with the other top 3 aint that bad. He got Silvestre and Gallas, sold Ashley to Chelsea but I think he refuse to sell Adebayor to Chelsea.

Ruud is injured most of the time, as usual. But with Ronnie in, I bet his time is up. He was kicked out by SAF largely I bet due to Ronnie and now he has to move again. Which is quite sad because he was delivering the goods for Real almost immediately when he joined Real.

And its not like wenger is a wimp. I recall him going toe to toe with the bear like Martin Jol.

if that encounter had become physical there would've been two hits - jol hitting wenger and the pedo hitting the ground. besides, being a passive aggressive bitch and refusing to shake hands instead of directly confronting the situation is pretty much textbook wimp.

would take ruud in a second but unlikely to happen due to the aforementioned wage demands.

pavs to scum is not a terrible idea (he can link up with his pal from russia) but we would piss ourselves laughing about it

It would be even more awesome if No Ko players defect to So Ko before a world wide audience. You can bet their handlers would be armed and ready and willing if they even think of that.

Plus even if the No Ko players are great, so what? I doubt No Ko would allow anyone to play overseas even in J League and I wonder what will be the penalty if the No Ko team dont meet their target for the World Cup.

so excited for the world cup. look out england. ha. should be a good match and both the usa and england should advance.

interested in seeing how south africa fairs in their group and obviously group of death.

Probably. Algeria would be like the Faroe Islands. At least Egypt should put up a better fight. Dont know about the Slovenians though.

Anyway if England beat US and US beat Spain in Confed's Cup, does it mean England will trounce Spain?

:>

Why didnt anyone mention about France's group? Picking South Africa is like playing against the world's pub team. And the Irish must be gripping when they saw that. Bet they wanted France to draw Brazil or Spain and Ivory Coast or Nigeria after Thierry Handball's antics.

Domenech should tell Les Blues to concede one and just score 2 in the second half and not totally demolish them. That will keep the hosts happy and not trigger a massive riot. Les Blues would just have to think about beating Uruguay since Mexico should be pretty good.