football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

have you watched everton play? this season? do you know who they purchased? aside my hate towards them, putting them in top 6 is crazy and top 4 is just lunacy.

So? Have you watched Portsmouth or Man City played last seasons, a few months into the season they were sitting on top and based on their results at least, you would think they can get into Euro free and easy and what happened to them end of the season?

Man U sucked the beginning of last season and sucked this season (albeit without Ronnie). So according to you, they should be written off? I mean come on! The same old tired faces. And you know you are in trouble when you have to rely on the new Thierry Henry, Darren Fletcher to score dodgy goals for you.

Moyes is at the very least consistent. He managed to get in a few buys before 1 September this year and time would tell whether they can be good buys for him. No matter what, Man City would have to climb over Moyes at least not counting Arsenal and maybe Liverpool to get 4th. BTW I am not saying Pool will be 4th or 5th. They will probably be 3rd considering all the monies Rafa spent. BTW I am also not saying Pool is rich and they get afford Gaz Baz and Stanley Park easy

Getting to 4th is not so easy. Ask Lewis, Comolli and Levy and find out how much they have spent thus far and with the result of 5th their best.

But what do you know. I bet if Man City beats Chelsea 2 weeks from now based on a superlative performance from El-Ro-Jo, you will be doing cartwheels in the streets and declaring them as CL participants next season or BPL champions.

polish, beast is like the kid with autism. you can't reason with him. his analysis is trash, but we should all know that by know after 1000 over of his posts in this thread alone.

on a brighter note.

82621570.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19368FFB0B613D6DEB0464B8D8D2B14988DE30A760B0D811297

Oh really? Guess I must be real offended, coming from a guy whose nick is plongin.

Smell the horseshit spewed by you and get back to reality. Only pre-pubescent teens with no life would get upset about what is written about footie on the net and bitch and moan and moan some more and post negative rep etc etc.

<3 this transfer window, runs like a soap opera.

Everton won't do well this season.I reckon the main reason they had been doing well for the past few seasons was their v.good start to the season and mediocre for the rest; hence the 5th spot(s). They were defensively solid then too. Not anymore though.

1. Yes on potential. But they cant just get top class strikers and think they can go to CL. SWP has shown he is not top class anyway. They need better midfielders than Ireland to partner Elano and someone to replace Hamann very soon. And when Man City start losing, you bet Hughes will get sacked in favour of an international manager.

2. I thought Robinho looked good last season in Real but great player? Did he even make it as one of the finalist in Euro players of the season this year? Ronaldo and Kaka, now those are really great players who can single handedly change the game for you but Robinho? Sometimes in Real he can get them the goals and be a catalyst but remains to be seen whether he can do so with a supporting cast like SWP, Petrov, Ireland, Vasell and Elano.

I'll go with that, guess we'll have to see how he does I suppose. There's no guarantee he'll even adjust the prem, but nevertheless - man c vs chelsea should be a great game to watch ;)

*Regarding everton, i think they've made a big mistake only buying that standard liege guy (for £15m no less), same goes for Arsenal. I cannot believe Wenger didn't buy anyone, maybe he's finally losing it? Or maybe as usual he's going to be called a master tactician when they fluke to the CL final or something :D

**lol at the picture of berbs up there, he's actually smiling

Man U sucked the beginning of last season and sucked this season (albeit without Ronnie). So according to you, they should be written off? I mean come on! The same old tired faces. And you know you are in trouble when you have to rely on the new Thierry Henry, Darren Fletcher to score dodgy goals for you.

Before I puff out my chest & draw for the trophy cabinet...was this an attack on Man Utd?

I think it will be pretty much the same as last season, i mean with the top 4, in any order.. man u didn't start as they did last year, as they don't have ronaldo on the pitch yet. And all the commotion with ronaldo unhappy with the real-transfer makes me think that he won't do as good as he did previous season, regardless how proffesional he is. He was/is an invalueble asset to uniteds success, not that they hadn't won anything before he came along, but at current status, alot rests on him, deny it or not. I don't see them winning CL this year, not BPL either.. yet... it's a shame though, because I <3 man u ;)

I can't believe arsene didn't sign anyone to fill in the gaps in our weak midfield. Denilson is to inconsistent to really be there all season and behind him theres song and aaron ramsey who's only 17. hopefully his decision was the right one but i don't see why he wouldn't buy is the funds were there.

man city picking up robinho was quite a shock especially since i heard that chelsea was so certain that they were going to sign him that they offered robinho shirts in their online store.

^^^typical arrogance, classic that they got "chelski'ed" by another club at the last minute. i would argue it's good for football that the big four can't just do whatever they want and get away with it (tapping up, cough cough). otherwise we might as well have the european super league and get it over with.

not so happy about berbs but at least we got maximum valuation, hopefully this campbell fella won't be the new rasiak.

very happy about the corluka signing. i'd be happy with top 7 and a cup win this year to be honest.

the scum aren't guaranteed top 4 and liverpool are also vulnerable (albeit less so). it'll be a really interesting season, very annoyed that the int'l break has started just when things have gotten really exciting.

there just can't be a new rasiak. i saw the boy play in preseason and he was ok. a lot of pace but you already have that. should be fine to come of the bench towards the end of the match and beat up on the tired legs.

i think liverpool - utd game next sat will be important. lfc never beat utd and now with torres out and most likely not a fit gerrard it might not happen again. perfect stage for robbie to open up his account only if rafa doesn't fucking play him on left wing.

and didn't you guys tap up for your manager? come on lets have some standards :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4086955,00.html

"Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160million (£90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more; I would think $240million (£135m). But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

It is also reported City will look to target the likes of Liverpool striker Fernando Torres and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas as the club aim to build a side capable of achieving success in Europe's most prestigious competition.

and didn't you guys tap up for your manager? come on lets have some standards :D

there's a difference between making a hash out of something vs systematically unsettling players. i wouldn't be surprised if man utd did the same thing re: bale and hutton who were both linked with the club prior to coming to spurs.

in recent memory, here are the crimes vs spurs:

man utd: berbs

bin dippers: defoe, keano

chelsea: arnesen

You really think Arshavin is in Berba’s class or better?[/font][/size]

Reading is fundamental innit mate?

I never said Arshavin was better than Berb. I was saying Tottenham bought a player because they knew the Berbatov transfer was going to happen. They should have spent the extra money on the better player they wanted initially. They made more money than they spent this summer. So its not like they didn't have the extra funds.

have you watched everton play? this season? do you know who they purchased? aside my hate towards them, putting them in top 6 is crazy and top 4 is just lunacy.

LOL, I know your talking about this season but I remember all the Liverpool twats talking like this until the end of the 04/05 season, even Bolton were on your ass. But definatly wont see any of that this season.

United would be silly not to sell Ronaldo for 135 million. Definatly will help with that debt we still have around our neck.

Reading is fundamental innit mate?

I never said Arshavin was better than Berb. I was saying Tottenham bought a player because they knew the Berbatov transfer was going to happen. They should have spent the extra money on the better player they wanted initially. They made more money than they spent this summer. So its not like they didn't have the extra funds.

LOL, I know your talking about this season but I remember all the Liverpool twats talking like this until the end of the 04/05 season, even Bolton were on your ass. But definatly wont see any of that this season.

United would be silly not to sell Ronaldo for 135 million. Definatly will help with that debt we still have around our neck.

You said they should have spent the money on Arshv. If he aint as good as Berba, why buy him, unless Spurs aint got no choice and have to sell Berba and might as well get the next best thing, which is not Arshv BTW.

Agree on Ronnie for 135 million. That is insane on so many levels. The Dubai folks might as well spend more dough to upgrade their stadium and squeeze more asses in. But let them spent that kind of money on Ronnie, Torres, Cesc etc. They may end up as the 2nd coming of the Galacticos which won shit for years.

You said they should have spent the money on Arshv. If he aint as good as Berba, why buy him, unless Spurs aint got no choice and have to sell Berba and might as well get the next best thing, which is not Arshv BTW.

Agree on Ronnie for 135 million. That is insane on so many levels. The Dubai folks might as well spend more dough to upgrade their stadium and squeeze more asses in. But let them spent that kind of money on Ronnie, Torres, Cesc etc. They may end up as the 2nd coming of the Galacticos which won shit for years.

No he aint as good as Berba but considering thier options and the deadline that was bearing down on them. Arshivn was the best choice for Tottenham because Zenit was already willing to sell him. I think most Spurs fans would have rather have got him rather than Pavlyuchenko.

BTW I hope you know City dont play for Maine Rd anymore. COMS is good enought for them.

Angola striker Manucho can finally play for Manchester United, after receiving a UK work permit.

Manucho joins the likes of Wayne Rooney, Christiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez in a formidable United attacking line-up. The departures of Fraizer Campbell and Louis Saha give him a better chance of earning a start.

Im guessing they wrote this before the transfer window. Who is this kid? Is he any good?

No he aint as good as Berba but considering thier options and the deadline that was bearing down on them. Arshivn was the best choice for Tottenham because Zenit was already willing to sell him. I think most Spurs fans would have rather have got him rather than Pavlyuchenko.

BTW I hope you know City dont play for Maine Rd anymore. COMS is good enought for them.

Angola striker Manucho can finally play for Manchester United, after receiving a UK work permit.

Manucho joins the likes of Wayne Rooney, Christiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez in a formidable United attacking line-up. The departures of Fraizer Campbell and Louis Saha give him a better chance of earning a start.

Im guessing they wrote this before the transfer window. Who is this kid? Is he any good?

I wonder why Spurs didnt make a play for Eto'o? Barca was willing to dump him but did an about face when they couldnt do it. He would be better than Pavluchenko.

Manucho was pretty impressive in the ANC. He was picked ahead of Drogba as striker of the tournament.

He had some pretty beastly

too. He is lethal in the air, strong, has some pace on him and has a shot on him.

I figure we'll feature him in Carling cup, provided our youngns get past boro. The squad is shaping up really well. Sir Alex has always talked about having a 4 striker force like we did in the great treble season. I think we have a great lot to pick from.

Pool in for a bashing soon.

simple, he didn't rate Spurs enough. Can't remember the exact quote, but it meant something similar.

Of all the 3 Barca wanted to let go, I would think Eto’o has the most upside.

Plus with Sir Alex and Rafa looking for strikers, I wonder why they didn’t get him?

He couldn’t have cost 20 million pounds or more and Eto’o is sure better than Keano. I know he is outspoken but when you can produce the goods, all is normally forgiven.