football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

did a quick read of hte last couple pages.

quick thoughts, sell scholes and giggs?? wtf would they sell the heart of man utd? they will both end their careers there, they are a testament to true loyalty.

IMO, nani is rubbish. poor mans ronaldo, but i will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he probably has time to develop into a much better play as ronaldo did.

berbatov is a different sort of striker to tevez and rooney who essentially do the exact same thing. and would be a fucking good buy. beyond that man u are prety much well covered everywhere else, both ben foster and tomas kuzcack to slip in once Van Der Sar moves on. Anderson is a natural replacement for scholes. only worry is if ronaldo leaves.

as to liverpool, kuyt to convert into a right midfielder much like rest of last season. the man is a workhorse, and it wouldnt surprise me if at times in matches it looks like their playing 4-3-3 on the attack as gerrard can easily just slide into the right hole if kuyt pushes up. yossi and babel to fight for the left wing spot, but if barry comes in i think alonso will have to go cause alonso really cant play anywhere else except the middle.

No!!!

Wazza and Carlos are strikers. They are staying no matter what. If they dont score, dont tell me Fergie should get 11 strikers?

if your strikers can set-up play, create chances, assist but not score enough, what do you do?

At any time, Fergies got Wazza, Ronnie, Carlos, Nani or PArk or Giggsy- 4 who are goal scorers. Plus now Berbs? HOw are they gonna fit Berbs with Wazza and Carlos?

PARK NANI GIGGS of all people? You're missing Brown, Fletcher, Ferdinand, Vidic guess what they scored goals too. They're 'goalscorers' too. :rolleyes:

Wes is a squad player. Not good enough. They should have gotten Dani Alves.

Kuczack aint Schumichael.

Brown was good enough defensively, maybe not so much in offense. But he played wel last seasonl imo.

And you're thinking of getting a top class keeper as a sub? good luck.

If Keano starts, whats Kuyt gonna do? Run up and down the pitch doing everything except scoring? Somethings gotta give. If Keano starts and we know Keano dont like being sub, Kuyt may leave and Kuyt is younger.

Kuyt has always been playing at right midfield. Let's not forget that Benitez rotates the fuck out of his team.

I can't believe I actually responded to this. You say the most ridiculous crap.

^^it's a generational thing, once you get the younger kids who weren't alive when liverpool were any good they'll say man utd ;)

i'm not big on fantasy, i don't really have too much time to watch anything besides spurs on a regular basis so i'd end up being that guy who never updates his team and finishes in last place.

i'm not big on fantasy, i don't really have too much time to watch anything besides spurs on a regular basis so i'd end up being that guy who never updates his team and finishes in last place.

great, join the fantasy league :D

he got number 7 shirt, i hope he wears it better than his colleague from leeds.

if your strikers can set-up play, create chances, assist but not score enough, what do you do?

PARK NANI GIGGS of all people? You're missing Brown, Fletcher, Ferdinand, Vidic guess what they scored goals too. They're 'goalscorers' too. :rolleyes:

Brown was good enough defensively, maybe not so much in offense. But he played wel last seasonl imo.

And you're thinking of getting a top class keeper as a sub? good luck.

Kuyt has always been playing at right midfield. Let's not forget that Benitez rotates the fuck out of his team.

The point is how many strikers can fergie keep?

If they cant score, what is Fergie to do?

Keep them? And end up with 10 strikers on his books?

They have to improve or Fergie will sell or loan them or play them in different positions.

He cant play Wazza, Tevez, Saha and Berbs all at the same time.

They wouldnt be happy to be rotated unless its for Carling Cup.

Nani, Park, Giggs are forward players. The rest are defending players.

Brown not good enough to be regular full team. When Gary gets phased out, he wont be Fergie's right back 1st choice.

Thats why Alves and Micah are considered.

Kuyt is a striker. He is taking one for the team by playing out of position.

He is a top class international and not content to be warming the bench to collect his pay cheque.

If he plays out of position all the time. he will quit to join another team that plays him in his position.

someone's gotta give beast a kick in the head and make him realise that fergie doesnt always line up a 4-4-2, and even if he did, rooney played out of position for most of the season.

If fergie continues to play rooney in the same position as last year, I don't see why rooney, tevez and berbatov can't play together. in fact, i think they might be a sick combination.

i want to neg beast so hard but im out of bullets for beast after turning him red the last time.

WAR.

someone's gotta give beast a kick in the head and make him realise that fergie doesnt always line up a 4-4-2, and even if he did, rooney played out of position for most of the season.

If fergie continues to play rooney in the same position as last year, I don't see why rooney, tevez and berbatov can't play together. in fact, i think they might be a sick combination.

i want to neg beast so hard but im out of bullets for beast after turning him red the last time.

WAR.

Just grow out of your diapers. Negative reps, kick in the head? Meaningless in the real world.

If you cannot accept a difference in opinion, you will be shit in the real world but a real hero on the internet. Real mature.

looks pretty happy. i love how everyone who signs for us right away says they supported Liverpool as a kid :D

ishackimagerw6.jpg

I am gonna take a guess and say he wasn't lying when he said he supported Liverpool as a kid. Either than or he was a United fan and is lying through his teeth. There aren't many irish guys of his generation who wouldn't be either ... and I'd say there's a leaning towards Pool with them. Not many Chelsea fans from that time.

He said he was a Celtic fan earlier in his Spurs career but what Irish kid isn't(?) I mean unless they aren't a Ger (obviously).

If you cannot accept a difference in opinion, you will be shit in the real world but a real hero on the internet. Real mature.

theres a difference between accepting a different opinion from a regular other person, and accepting a different opinion from a social retard.

but you're right. why am I complaining. No one here agrees with you, everyone thinks you don't have a clue what you're talking about,

bottom line is... you obviously don't play or watch soccer. credibility plays a decent part in opinions, and unfortunately my shit in the real world status still holds more weight than you.

tell you what, go sign up another account and try again, your reputation is ruined with the nonsense you spew.

theres a difference between accepting a different opinion from a regular other person, and accepting a different opinion from a social retard.

but you're right. why am I complaining. No one here agrees with you, everyone thinks you don't have a clue what you're talking about,

bottom line is... you obviously don't play or watch soccer. credibility plays a decent part in opinions, and unfortunately my shit in the real world status still holds more weight than you.

tell you what, go sign up another account and try again, your reputation is ruined with the nonsense you spew.

Oh I feel so hurt.

Kuyt is a striker. He is taking one for the team by playing out of position.

He is a top class international and not content to be warming the bench to collect his pay cheque.

If he plays out of position all the time. he will quit to join another team that plays him in his position.

KUYT: CHANGE HAS DONE ME GOOD

Kuyt believes his recent resurgence is down to a change of position which saw him shifted from centre forward to a new right-sided role by Reds boss Rafa Benitez.

"It's gone well for me," the 27-year-old said. "Sometimes things just fall into place. I had the feeling when it started that it was temporary, but it went so well we carried on.

"The way we play now for the Netherlands is very similar to the Liverpool system, and I think I have shown I can play there.

"You have players who can turn a match with one touch and players who perform in service to the team. I have no problem playing for the team.

KUYT: I’LL PLAY ANYWHERE FOR THIS TEAM

"I don't really like to be put in any specific bracket, a right midfielder, right winger, striker or second striker," Kuyt told LFC Magazine.

"I've probably got a bit of all these positions within my game. I can play as a striker, a second striker or on the right or on the left. Whatever that may be, I just like to do it my own way.

"But playing on the right is not exactly new to me. I've played there for two years in the Dutch national team and also for a year-and-a-half when I started out at Utrecht. I know what to do out there so it's not like I'm just learning the job.

"In this new role I have to work really hard in both attack and defence. Instead of always looking to get on the end of them I'm now always looking to provide crosses for the other strikers.

"There are still chances for me to score but probably not as many as if I was playing in the centre. I'm quite happy with my performances since I've been out there. I've scored a few goals as well as provided assists and so I feel it's going well.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

honestly i thnk kuyt's been a pretty good signing for liverpool. he's not really an out and out striker, i never felt that he would get you 20 goals a season. but he's a horse man, his work rate is insane. i think its worked out pretty well for pool.