Thoughts on Levis 511?

barnstormer

Is there any way to tell if they're raw by the tags? "Levi's skinny lot no. 511" The tag is blue rather than red and the brown tag on the back is pretty beaten up. The fact that they're 100% cotton; does that mean theyre raw? They were on the sale rack and there weren't any others like it...so Im not sure.

img2977px6.jpg

img2976pl8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to pick up a pair of these jeans and give em a try. What size do you guys recommend I get. I usually wear a 30x30 but the 30W is probably really tight so should I purchase it anyways. Will it stretch in the waist? Or should I go up some sizes and try soaking them if they shrink any?

• 2 weeks later...

From my experience, you could size up and it would fit good, but I'm thinking I should've bought it True To Size. I wear size 27 in RRDS, 28 in SJDJ, 28 in SDA 103 and a 29 in these 511 soft rigids just for reference.

Pros: Pretty good fit, the fade picture that I saw on this thread was pretty good considering it is a cheap levi.

Cons: Pretty low rise, nut crunchers.

100_0738b.jpg

100_0734.jpg

i'm 5'5 135 lbs.

First picture: Levis 511 Soft Rigid

Second picture: LVC 1947 501xx one hot soak

How are the fits?

this is weird that this thread came up.

i was in nyc a couple of weeks ago, tried on some black 511s, fuckin loved the fit. i usually wear 30 or 31 in raw and had to get 32s for a decent fit. i passed cause the denim was so shit for 60 dollars.

we need these in a premium denim, badly.

ill prob pick up a pair if i see them <30 tho.

I have 511's but I'm gonna be selling them. They fit weird on me. They're comfy enough, look fine-ish from the front, fine from the side, but the back....weird. They're not tight anywhere but they're too defining for me. On me they don't give the drainpipe look, they go in at the knees and around the calves too much for my liking.

Mine are 34x32's in black. Half an inch of spare room at the calve...

Where exactly are these raw/dry/rigid for purchase online? I checked Sears, but they weren't the kind featured on this thread. When I googled I only found a few results, Urbanoutfitters had them in 'Riff' for 49.99, but I'm not sure that's the same. Anyone?

I purchased mine (pictured in this thread) at Urban Outfitters in Edmonton Canada.

A search for "levis 511 rigid" on google shows that JC Penney is selling them at $34.99 each if you buy 2 pairs or $54 for a single pair:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=53091&CatID=53091&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=1235f88

The "Riff" model on Urban Outfitters is a washed/distressed denim - not what you want.

As a side note for anyone that's interested, Levi's site says that the 511 uses 12.5 oz denim.

• 4 weeks later...

question for you guys

some guy working at FCUK had these 511s that were an extremely light grey, almost white wash that looked AWESOME

kinda like these but i think lighter:

http://www.levisstore.com/product/in...entPage=family

those are it. 511s in chain link... wicked wash .

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not going to disgrace the current awesome page in evo, so I'll post this here for now.

8 months, a few soaks, 2 washes.

img1948yz1.jpg

Cat, 7 years, lost count of washes.

img1942qh1.jpg

img1944qh0.jpg

img1945vc7.jpg

Weird combs...

img1947zk9.jpg

Now I where 511s exclusively. The denim is nowhere near as good as my Samurais or Iron Hearts, but I honestly have never had jeans that fit as good as these. I went through a medium grey pair, an ultra light grey pair, both crotch ripped and the top of the back yoke, now i got a pair of rigids and a pair in a medium grey.

Im sad though because my warehouse contest jeans haven't been touched for 4 months thanks to the amazing fit of these.

I saw some of the "raw" 511s at Urban Outfitters and i'm going to pick up a pair. They even had a slip in the back pocket that says to avoid washing them for as long as possible, and to dry clean if you have to!

Need a little advice on sizing though. Here's my options:

1) get size 30s that are a little small on me, and just let them stretch as i wear them without washing for a few months. when i do finally wash them, will they shrink too small, or twist and the mess up the fades/combs?

2) get the 32s that are the correct size, do a hot soak before wearing to let them shrink up, and then proceed with wearing them for a while?

Anyone else soak these before wearing who can comment on the outcome? How much do they shrink? How much dye do they lose? How much do they stretch when wearing?

yea i have a pair that took me months to find. finally found them on clearance for $43. i thought they would have that really skinny skater look, but i washed them a few times and they have come out so nicley, especially the honeycombs.

yea i have a pair that took me months to find. finally found them on clearance for $43. i thought they would have that really skinny skater look, but i washed them a few times and they have come out so nicley, especially the honeycombs.

you should post a picture of them.

but i am currently wearing a pair, until my apc new standards arrive.

i like the fit of them, i should of sized down though, because they are all ready starting to sag on me. but i would def recommend these jeans to anyone looking for a skinny cut, without breaking the bank.

I just got my 511 Levi's RED with blue stiches outside and red stiches inside and I love it !:D The fitment is perfect, it's not tight or loose, just the way I like it ! It's a great jeans for those that doesn't like too loose jeans, like the 501s. It's not tight. I have a size W 32 L 32 but i bought it W 34 L 34 .

I saw some of the "raw" 511s at Urban Outfitters and i'm going to pick up a pair. They even had a slip in the back pocket that says to avoid washing them for as long as possible, and to dry clean if you have to!

Need a little advice on sizing though. Here's my options:

1) get size 30s that are a little small on me, and just let them stretch as i wear them without washing for a few months. when i do finally wash them, will they shrink too small, or twist and the mess up the fades/combs?

2) get the 32s that are the correct size, do a hot soak before wearing to let them shrink up, and then proceed with wearing them for a while?

Anyone else soak these before wearing who can comment on the outcome? How much do they shrink? How much dye do they lose? How much do they stretch when wearing?

These stretch like mad in my experience. I'd definitely get as snug a fit as possible, don't wash/soak, and let them stretch out for 3-6 months. After I washed they tightened up again, but after wearing for a day or two stretch out again.